Transputers in the U.S.

Post by Greg Bur » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 20:05:00

Quote:>From what I've seen over the last three years, there are a whole lot of

people using transputers in the USA.  I'm quite sure that the list of
companies and universities is enormous.  Perhaps the basic difference
between here and Europe is that the transputer is not a folk hero and/or
state religion in the States.  Also, I don't think we talk amongst ourselves
all that much here (we do have NATUG) and thus, you don't overhear the chatter
in Europe.  We have very decent Unix and PC based vendors here and
American universities have definitely caught on to the fact that transputers
are a convenient vehicle for research in parallel processing.

Trillium Diving Team                    (614) 292-8492
Office of Research Computing            The Ohio State University