1. Mapper hanged when saving to WebDAV 2. Constant loss in Mapper

1. Mapper hanged when saving to WebDAV 2. Constant loss in Mapper

Post by KC Wo » Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:03:13

Hi,
Has anyone encountered the following issues:

1. BizTalk Mapper hanged when trying to save to WebDAV (clicking on
the Store to WebDAV button. But clicking Save and subsequently select
the Repository folder worked OK). In addition, the map is sometimes
saved into WebDAV even though Mapper hanged, but sometimes is not. Any
help? I suspect IIS is the culprit.

2. In my destination spec, the first field is a constant which I set
in Mapper. Problem is, sometimes when I replace an updated version of
the same spec into destination spec, the constant just went missing. I
have other constants in other subsequent records, but they are fine.
This problem only occurs to the 1st constant which happens to be the
first field in the spec. Any idea why?

Thanks!

KC

1. Mapper hanged when saving to WebDAV 2. Constant loss in Mapper

Post by Rick Caud » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:29:55

Hi KC,

Can you provide me with steps to reproduce your 2nd problem?  I have tested
the 2nd problem that you describe on multiple platforms and I cannot
reproduce it.  If you can provide me with the exact steps I will take a
look at it.

For the WebDav issues, there are some timeout issues when using IE 6 and
the WebDav folks are working on a fix for this.  The problem isn't specific
to BizTalk.  The workaround is to do a File->Save As, as this accomplishes
the same thing.  It has been reported that installing OfficeXP fixes this
problem.

Regards,
Rick Caudle

Microsoft BizTalk Support

reserved.

1. Mapper hanged when saving to WebDAV 2. Constant loss in Mapper

Post by KC Wo » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:10:36

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the reply.
As for the second issue, this was what happened:

I have a flat file schema that looks something like this:

Root
  Header (Record)
    HeaderIndicator (Field) - constance "H"
    PONumber (Field)
  Discount (Record)
    DiscountIndicator (Field) - constance "D"
    Percent (Field)
  Item (Record)
    ItemIndicator (Field) - constance "I"
    LineNumber (Field)

When I perform an update (additon of fields, or field property/length
change) to the flat file and tried to replace the updated flat file in
the mapper, the constance "H" as contained in HeaderIndicator went
missing after the replacement. Weird thing is constance for the rest
(ItemIndicator "I" and Discount "D" stayed).
One thing to note is that the record Header is the first record
immediately after Root (therefore the constance "H" is the first
constance in the schema). Also, this does not occur all the time, but
I would say it happened like ~90% of the time whenever I replaced the
shcema with an updated version.

Hope this helps. Thanks a lot!

Regards
KC

> Hi KC,

> Can you provide me with steps to reproduce your 2nd problem?  I have tested
> the 2nd problem that you describe on multiple platforms and I cannot
> reproduce it.  If you can provide me with the exact steps I will take a
> look at it.

> For the WebDav issues, there are some timeout issues when using IE 6 and
> the WebDav folks are working on a fix for this.  The problem isn't specific
> to BizTalk.  The workaround is to do a File->Save As, as this accomplishes
> the same thing.  It has been reported that installing OfficeXP fixes this
> problem.

> Regards,
> Rick Caudle

> Microsoft BizTalk Support

> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
> --

1. Mapper hanged when saving to WebDAV 2. Constant loss in Mapper

Post by Rick Caud » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:52:12

I sent you an email requesting the files so I can take a look at it.  This
will make it much easier for me.

Regards,
Rick

reserved.

1. Webdav hangs saving from Mapper

When I try to save to the WebDav from the mapper my computer hangs.

This happened on my test server, however installing Office XP fixed
it.  Now it just started again.  I have a new development computer and
it has the same problem and I have Office XP installed on it as well.

My new computer configuration:
P4 2.4 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM
Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP3
BizTalk Server 2002
Commerce Server 2002 SP1
Visual Studio.NET
SQL Server 2000 SP2
XML 4.0 parser

Anyone found a fix for this?  I'm sure it might have something to do
with the installation order of things, however I have reinstalled the
XP office components and put on XP Developer as well but still having
the same problem.

2. Wheels for Mobile Robots

3. Mapper crashed when saving to webdav

4. Problems with GCC and sys$library - need help

5. xml mappers / XSL Rad wanted (like biztalk mapper)

6. Problems with KDC behind firewall

7. Biztalk Mapper Error:Retrieving from WebDAV

8. Looking for a good beginners book

9. Mapper Hanging

10. Getting an port mapper failure error

11. Urgent: Mapper is converting < and > to &lt; and &gt;

12. Mapper question