Receiving a file twice to parse twice

Post by Ethan Gregor » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:33:18

Currently I am reading in an EDI file from a directory.
Parsing it, mapping it, then writing it out to a
directory. Another File Receive function then picks it up
and it is sent to another mapping to finally be sent to a
MSMQ.

What I'd like to do is change the intermediate step from a
directory to a different MSMQ. I have tried setting this
up but have been unsuccessful so far. If someone has done
this and could post as detailed a process as they can I
would greatly appreciate it. I seem to be having problems
when I get the message off the queue. I keep getting
messages like: "The children of the "Remit_addr" delimited
record must either be all records or all fields. Records
with no tag identifier cannot have mixed records and
fields as children."
Remit_addr is a record with fields and such.. but I think
I am doing somehthing wrong setting up the
channels/messaging ports because I can pass a file through
just fine using a directory as my intermediate repository.

Thanks

Ethan

Receiving a file twice to parse twice

Post by larry frank » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:11:41

There's nothing that I can think of that would cause this error you are
seeing.  When you send them out to msmq are you writing the document with a
specific envelope or just straight XML?

Larry Franks
Microsoft

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

--------------------

Subject: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:33:18 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

[...]

Post by Ethan Gregor » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:34:43

I seem to have gotten further. I have a message in my
private queue. It has the 'XML Envelope' when I put it in
the queue.
When I try to read from the queue I get " The XML document
has failed validation for the following reason:
The element 'CommonFormat' is used but not declared in the
DTD/Schema."

CommonFormat is the top name for the schema (the main
wrapper of everything next to the Book picture).

Should I not be using an envelope at all?

Thanks

Ethan

PS I think my first errors were just not setting up the
ports/channes correctly

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>There's nothing that I can think of that would cause this
error you are
>seeing.  When you send them out to msmq are you writing

the document with a
Quote:>specific envelope or just straight XML?

>Larry Franks
>Microsoft

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights
>reserved.

>--------------------

>Subject: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:33:18 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

>Currently I am reading in an EDI file from a directory.
>Parsing it, mapping it, then writing it out to a
>directory. Another File Receive function then picks it up
>and it is sent to another mapping to finally be sent to a
>MSMQ.

>What I'd like to do is change the intermediate step from
>directory to a different MSMQ. I have tried setting this
>up but have been unsuccessful so far. If someone has done
>this and could post as detailed a process as they can I
>would greatly appreciate it. I seem to be having problems
>when I get the message off the queue. I keep getting
>messages like: "The children of the "Remit_addr"
delimited
>record must either be all records or all fields. Records
>with no tag identifier cannot have mixed records and
>fields as children."
>Remit_addr is a record with fields and such.. but I think
>I am doing somehthing wrong setting up the
>channels/messaging ports because I can pass a file
through
>just fine using a directory as my intermediate repository.

>Thanks

>Ethan

Receiving a file twice to parse twice

Post by larry frank » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:57:49

If you are just writing the data as XML then there's no need for an
envelope.  The only time I ever run into using an envelope is if I'm doing
EDI, X12, or some custom flatfile.  If there's not a specific reason to use
a custom XML envelope then don't.

Subject: RE: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:34:43 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

I seem to have gotten further. I have a message in my
private queue. It has the 'XML Envelope' when I put it in
the queue.
When I try to read from the queue I get " The XML document
has failed validation for the following reason:
The element 'CommonFormat' is used but not declared in the
DTD/Schema."
CommonFormat is the top name for the schema (the main
wrapper of everything next to the Book picture).
Should I not be using an envelope at all?
Thanks
Ethan
PS I think my first errors were just not setting up the
ports/channes correctly

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>There's nothing that I can think of that would cause this
error you are
>seeing.  When you send them out to msmq are you writing

the document with a
Quote:>specific envelope or just straight XML?

>Larry Franks
>Microsoft

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights
>reserved.

>--------------------

>Subject: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:33:18 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

>Currently I am reading in an EDI file from a directory.
>Parsing it, mapping it, then writing it out to a
>directory. Another File Receive function then picks it up
>and it is sent to another mapping to finally be sent to a
>MSMQ.

>What I'd like to do is change the intermediate step from
>directory to a different MSMQ. I have tried setting this
>up but have been unsuccessful so far. If someone has done
>this and could post as detailed a process as they can I
>would greatly appreciate it. I seem to be having problems
>when I get the message off the queue. I keep getting
>messages like: "The children of the "Remit_addr"
delimited
>record must either be all records or all fields. Records
>with no tag identifier cannot have mixed records and
>fields as children."
>Remit_addr is a record with fields and such.. but I think
>I am doing somehthing wrong setting up the
>channels/messaging ports because I can pass a file
through
>just fine using a directory as my intermediate repository.

>Thanks

>Ethan

Receiving a file twice to parse twice

Post by Ethan Gregor » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:56:46

I changed it not to use an envelope but I still get the
same error message that I posted last time. I have the
CommonFormat schema in the Templates\XML directory as well
as in the DocSpecs\Microsoft directory.
I can get a document through the double receiving using
two file recieve functions. Using the same schema/maps.
But when I try to pull the XML document off of the MSMQ I
encounter the "XML document failed validation" error from
my last post.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Ethan

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If you are just writing the data as XML then there's no
need for an
>envelope.  The only time I ever run into using an

envelope is if I'm doing
Quote:>EDI, X12, or some custom flatfile.  If there's not a

specific reason to use
Quote:>a custom XML envelope then don't.

>Larry Franks
>Microsoft

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights
>reserved.

>--------------------

>Subject: RE: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:34:43 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

>I seem to have gotten further. I have a message in my
>private queue. It has the 'XML Envelope' when I put it in
>the queue.
>When I try to read from the queue I get " The XML
document
>has failed validation for the following reason:
>The element 'CommonFormat' is used but not declared in
the
>DTD/Schema."
>CommonFormat is the top name for the schema (the main
>wrapper of everything next to the Book picture).
>Should I not be using an envelope at all?
>Thanks
>Ethan
>PS I think my first errors were just not setting up the
>ports/channes correctly

Post by larry frank » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:01:29

Does this happen with any XML schema or just this specific one?  I'll see
if I can set this up and reproduce it here, haven't seen this problem
before and it sounds like everything is configured correctly on your end.

Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:56:46 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

I changed it not to use an envelope but I still get the
same error message that I posted last time. I have the
CommonFormat schema in the Templates\XML directory as well
as in the DocSpecs\Microsoft directory.
I can get a document through the double receiving using
two file recieve functions. Using the same schema/maps.
But when I try to pull the XML document off of the MSMQ I
encounter the "XML document failed validation" error from
my last post.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Ethan

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If you are just writing the data as XML then there's no
need for an
>envelope.  The only time I ever run into using an

envelope is if I'm doing
Quote:>EDI, X12, or some custom flatfile.  If there's not a

specific reason to use
Quote:>a custom XML envelope then don't.

>Larry Franks
>Microsoft

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights
>reserved.

>--------------------

>Subject: RE: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:34:43 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

>I seem to have gotten further. I have a message in my
>private queue. It has the 'XML Envelope' when I put it in
>the queue.
>When I try to read from the queue I get " The XML
document
>has failed validation for the following reason:
>The element 'CommonFormat' is used but not declared in
the
>DTD/Schema."
>CommonFormat is the top name for the schema (the main
>wrapper of everything next to the Book picture).
>Should I not be using an envelope at all?
>Thanks
>Ethan
>PS I think my first errors were just not setting up the
>ports/channes correctly

Post by Ethan Gregor » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 07:20:45

So far I've only tried the one schema. I'll set up a quick
sample one and see if it acts differently... probably take
me a little bit...

Thanks

Ethan

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Does this happen with any XML schema or just this

specific one?  I'll see
Quote:>if I can set this up and reproduce it here, haven't seen
this problem
>before and it sounds like everything is configured

correctly on your end.
Quote:

>Larry Franks
>Microsoft

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights
>reserved.

>--------------------

>Subject: RE: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:56:46 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

>I changed it not to use an envelope but I still get the
>same error message that I posted last time. I have the
>CommonFormat schema in the Templates\XML directory as
well
>as in the DocSpecs\Microsoft directory.
>I can get a document through the double receiving using
>two file recieve functions. Using the same schema/maps.
>But when I try to pull the XML document off of the MSMQ I
>encounter the "XML document failed validation" error from
>my last post.
>Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
>Thanks
>Ethan

and
>>confers no rights.
>>>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft
>>Corporation. All rights
>>>reserved.

>>>--------------------

>>>Subject: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
>>>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:33:18 -0700

Quote:>>>MIME-Version: 1.0
>>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general
>>>X-Tomcat-NG:{ w c
>>- o? ,y microsoft.public.biztalk.general

>>>Currently I am reading in an EDI file from a directory.
>>>Parsing it, mapping it, then writing it out to a
>>>directory. Another File Receive function then picks it
>up
>>>and it is sent to another mapping to finally be sent to
>>>MSMQ.

Receiving a file twice to parse twice

Post by larry frank » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:53:16

I haven't been able to reproduce so-far Ethan.  Any luck with using a
different schema?  If it's schema specific let me know the one we are using
and I'll give it a try.

Larry Franks
Microsoft

--------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:20:45 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

So far I've only tried the one schema. I'll set up a quick
sample one and see if it acts differently... probably take
me a little bit...
Thanks
Ethan

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Does this happen with any XML schema or just this

specific one?  I'll see
Quote:>if I can set this up and reproduce it here, haven't seen
this problem
>before and it sounds like everything is configured

correctly on your end.
Quote:

>Larry Franks
>Microsoft

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights
>reserved.

>--------------------

>Subject: RE: Receiving a file twice to parse twice
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:56:46 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

>I changed it not to use an envelope but I still get the
>same error message that I posted last time. I have the
>CommonFormat schema in the Templates\XML directory as
well
>as in the DocSpecs\Microsoft directory.
>I can get a document through the double receiving using
>two file recieve functions. Using the same schema/maps.
>But when I try to pull the XML document off of the MSMQ I
>encounter the "XML document failed validation" error from
>my last post.
>Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
>Thanks
>Ethan

z8 ?R'
         a gy/4f+g==