Schema edition with editor, frenc h version | closed as default ???2

Schema edition with editor, frenc h version | closed as default ???2

Post by Just » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 02:21:18

Hi all,

though official documentation about schemas built with BT Editor say
the default setting for the 'model' for a tag is 'open', in my French
2002 BT edition it is 'closed', which means if any documents has tags
not specified in the schema, the validation fails.
As obviously we prefer to let them through and deal with specific
cases in a process flow, does anyone know of a setting (registry,
options in Editor, patch or else) that would let the default behavior
be 'closed'

Thanks in advance for your help

Justin

Schema edition with editor, frenc h version | closed as default ???2

Post by Joerg Fische » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:54:31

Hi,

Why don't you just change the schema accordingly to your needs (from closed
to open, where appropriate)? This also models much better the schema concept
which defines that these should be interchanged between BizTalk
implementations and should validate documents independently of any registry
setting.

Sincerely
Joerg Fischer

Quote:> Hi all,

> though official documentation about schemas built with BT Editor say
> the default setting for the 'model' for a tag is 'open', in my French
> 2002 BT edition it is 'closed', which means if any documents has tags
> not specified in the schema, the validation fails.
> As obviously we prefer to let them through and deal with specific
> cases in a process flow, does anyone know of a setting (registry,
> options in Editor, patch or else) that would let the default behavior
> be 'closed'

> Thanks in advance for your help

> Justin

1. Biztalk Editor / Schemas / Open-Closed parameter

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find an explanation to the open/closed parameter
for fields in a schema (using Biztalk Editor for Biztalk 2002) and
have read a few posts about it (especialy one by Simon Khor :
http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=7b466abb.01...
and the related msdn documentation). Yet it is quite unclear what it
allows to do.

I understand it allows for more flexibility in using fields in the
input document that aren't specified in the schema associated at
channel level. This means that any tag with an 'open' option set would
allow for undeclared subtags in the actual document.
Additionaly, it seems that you still have to include in the schema a
reference to the namespace the additional fields would refer to. Am I
wrong here ? Carrying on, this means you have to specify in the
document the namespace each tag is refering to, using the name or
letter you gave it in the 'namespace' tab in biztalk editor. So this
means that setting a tag to open in the schema allows for inclusion
(below) of other tags as long as they are declared in the additional
namespaces and you specify which it is relating to, doesn't it ?
It is getting fairly complex here, so to simplify my question :
- if what I have written above is right, where would you store the
second schema and how would you refer to it in the namespace setting ?
something like urn:webdav:theschema_name ? where would it actually dig
it from and does it 'download' it at runtime ?
- if not, basicaly what I want to do is be able to post document with
a few additional fields wherever they are located in the document, and
let them through the channel. I have run tests with the tags set to

doesn't work and the error I get is the document doesn't match the
DTD, yet I don't know where the error was thrown from : channel entry
or mapping.

Any help and/or ideas would be appreciated,
TIA

Justin

2. How to disconnect PIX 515e remote Telnet user

3. Schema editor

4. How to configure a program to run as normal user in rc?

5. Biz Editor - Schema for Multiple loads

6. TimeZone and SGI

7. Cannot open schemas in the Biztalk Editor

8. Edit schema for delimited file in BizTalk Editor

9. Default Value in BizTalk 2002 Editor?

10. Default Values in BizTalk Editor

11. Editor quesiton - how to set up default values

12. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 SBS 4.5 version to enterprise edition