Cannot open a file from BizTalk Editor or Mapper

Cannot open a file from BizTalk Editor or Mapper

Post by Shanka » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:12:29

When I try to open a xml specification file form Biztalk
Editor the following error messages appears

The <filename> could not be properly opened.
Reason: Mixing objects created with version independent
CLSIDs (ProgIDs) and with objects created with version
dependent CLSIDs (ProgIDs) is not allowed.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Post by Shanka » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:12:25

When I try to open a xml specification file form Biztalk
Editor the following error messages appears

The <filename> could not be properly opened.
Reason: Mixing objects created with version independent
CLSIDs (ProgIDs) and with objects created with version
dependent CLSIDs (ProgIDs) is not allowed.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Cannot open a file from BizTalk Editor or Mapper

Post by Everett Ya » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:47:01

Is the specification previously created by BizTalk Editor?  If not, try one
of the import options.

Sincerely,

Everett Yang
Developer Support Middleware - Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000

reserved.

Cannot open a file from BizTalk Editor or Mapper

Post by Shanka » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:24:08

I used the same BizTalk Editor created the specification.
All I did was to save the file and re-open the same file.

I guess its something related with XMLParser in my
machine. I learnt this from a new group
http://p2p.wrox.com/archive/biztalk/2001-08/11.asp and I
even tried their solution by reinstalling MSXML Parser 3.0
in side-by-side mode, it did not work.

What does Version dependent/independent CLSID's means?

There is a conflict in the objects as per the error
message, how do i know, what object has that conflict?

Shankar.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Is the specification previously created by BizTalk

Editor?  If not, try one
Quote:>of the import options.

>Sincerely,

>Everett Yang
>Developer Support Middleware - Microsoft BizTalk Server
2000

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights
Quote:>reserved.

Cannot open a file from BizTalk Editor or Mapper

Post by Everett Ya » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:34:43

Do you have Visual Studio .Net installed?  If so, you'll need SP1a of
BizTalk.
You can try register all the msxml.dll's manually using xmlinst.exe.

Sincerely,

Everett Yang
Developer Support Middleware - Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000

reserved.

Cannot open a file from BizTalk Editor or Mapper

Post by jkear » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:31:01

I too receive the same error when attempting to build the
tutorial when I am running the XML Communication Wizard at
the Message Specification Information Page when you select
ADD.
I think it is due to the version of XML DOM parser that I
am running. It is version 4 and I think this version
supports legacy versions of XML DOM. I am unsure as to how
to modify this XML script in the demo so as to always load
a specific version of the XML DOM.

Any ideas?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When I try to open a xml specification file form Biztalk
>Editor the following error messages appears

>The <filename> could not be properly opened.
>Reason: Mixing objects created with version independent
>CLSIDs (ProgIDs) and with objects created with version
>dependent CLSIDs (ProgIDs) is not allowed.

>I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
>.

Cannot open a file from BizTalk Editor or Mapper

Post by Everett Ya » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 07:37:48

If you are running MSXML 4.0, you should install BizTalk SP1a.  That will
resolve a number of issues.