Simple schedule not running to completion

Simple schedule not running to completion

Post by John Dho » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 06:40:37

BizTalk 2002 (.NET Integration installed)
Win2k Server SP2

I put together a very simple schedule based on a File Receive function. The
Orchestration is activated by an Application Message Port, Displays the
Message, and Ends.

Basically it looks like the schedule is launched but the first Action
(Receive Invoice Drop) is never reached.

File Receive function is set for pass-thru, and Channel is set to a specific
messaging channel where IN is a flatfile spec, OUT is my standard XML
format, MAP is just that, and PORT is an App Port set for new Sked,
Port==Port_Activate (from my Orchestration definition).

I do the File Drop
Schedule is started
XLANG: Schedule Start, ModuleName==ImportInvoice
XLANG: SinkEnter, ActionTag==Receive Invoice Drop, PortID==Port_Activate

Nothing in the Suspended Queue
No BizTalk errors in Application Event Log
There are some MSDTC/MSDTC Client errors (see below)
Document Tracking web did show a Compliance "Not Valid" on Outbound
     side when I drilled down on it (see attachment)

Any ideas on gathering more information? I'll try removing the mapping or
going XML vs Flatfile... but this is about as simple as it gets... like
"hello File Receive".

Best,

/jhd

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSDTC Client
Event Category: CM
Event ID: 4156
Date:  4/3/2002
Time:  3:09:24 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: NSH06205D
String message: Session idle timeout over, tearing down the session.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSDTC
Event Category: CM
Event ID: 4156
Date:  4/3/2002
Time:  3:09:24 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: NSH06205D
String message: Session idle timeout over, tearing down the session.

Simple schedule not running to completion

Post by John Dho » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:34:02

Ok, re-read the File Receive info...

Defined an envelope for my Flatfile Spec
Associated my WEBDAV Flatfile Spec w/BizTalk Messaging Envelope
Removed pass-thru flag on File Receive
Set Envelope on File Receive

1) If I use the channel with the mapping defined... the message is Suspended
and a new errors... I'm reviewing the Specs/Map now. Same files as in

Event Type: Error
Event Source: BizTalk Server
Event Category: Document Processing
Event ID: 324
 Details:
 ------------------------------
 [0x140f] The children of the "Report" delimited record must either be all
records or all fields. Records with no tag identifier cannot have mixed
records and fields as children.

 [0x1416] The specification failed to load. See the following messages for
details.

 [0x1a07] The document "IXT_Invoice" could not be loaded. Possible causes
are using a non-envelope specification, or incorrectly configured tracking
details.

 [0x1416] The specification failed to load. See the following messages for
details.

 [0x0156] The server could not finish processing messaging port
"PR_HmsInvoiceImport".

 [0x1730] Suspended Queue ID: "{862A14A6-A2E7-49E8-8AA7-A00AF716635C}"

 [0x1416] The specification failed to load. See the following messages for
details.

2) If I use the channel with Flatfile Spec in/out... the schedule is launch.
However, the schedule stops at the same point as before... with no real
visible signs of errors.

XLANG: Schedule Start, ModuleName==ImportInvoice
XLANG: SinkEnter, ActionTag==Receive Invoice Drop, PortID==Port_Activate

/jhd

Quote:> BizTalk 2002 (.NET Integration installed)
> Win2k Server SP2

> I put together a very simple schedule based on a File Receive function.
The
> Orchestration is activated by an Application Message Port, Displays the
> Message, and Ends.

> Basically it looks like the schedule is launched but the first Action
> (Receive Invoice Drop) is never reached.

> File Receive function is set for pass-thru, and Channel is set to a
specific
> messaging channel where IN is a flatfile spec, OUT is my standard XML
> format, MAP is just that, and PORT is an App Port set for new Sked,
> Port==Port_Activate (from my Orchestration definition).

> I do the File Drop
> Schedule is started
> XLANG: Schedule Start, ModuleName==ImportInvoice
> XLANG: SinkEnter, ActionTag==Receive Invoice Drop, PortID==Port_Activate

> Nothing in the Suspended Queue
> No BizTalk errors in Application Event Log
> There are some MSDTC/MSDTC Client errors (see below)
> Document Tracking web did show a Compliance "Not Valid" on Outbound
>      side when I drilled down on it (see attachment)

> Any ideas on gathering more information? I'll try removing the mapping or
> going XML vs Flatfile... but this is about as simple as it gets... like
> "hello File Receive".

> Best,

> /jhd

> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: MSDTC Client
> Event Category: CM
> Event ID: 4156
> Date:  4/3/2002
> Time:  3:09:24 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NSH06205D
> String message: Session idle timeout over, tearing down the session.

> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: MSDTC
> Event Category: CM
> Event ID: 4156
> Date:  4/3/2002
> Time:  3:09:24 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NSH06205D
> String message: Session idle timeout over, tearing down the session.

Simple schedule not running to completion

Post by John Dho » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 00:49:39

I've created a completely new destination Spec/Map and it passes parsing and
runs in my "hello world" level schedule.

I still don't understand what's wrong with the original files.

/jhd

> [...]

> > "hello File Receive".

> > Best,

> > /jhd

> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: MSDTC Client
> > Event Category: CM
> > Event ID: 4156
> > Date:  4/3/2002
> > Time:  3:09:24 PM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: NSH06205D
> > String message: Session idle timeout over, tearing down the session.

> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: MSDTC
> > Event Category: CM
> > Event ID: 4156
> > Date:  4/3/2002
> > Time:  3:09:24 PM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: NSH06205D
> > String message: Session idle timeout over, tearing down the session.

Simple schedule not running to completion

Post by Rick Caud » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 05:38:37

John,

Use the XLANGMON tool to see what events are being fired.  If this does not
help take a look at XLANG Trace.  These tools will help you troubleshoot
your XLANG problems.

Regards,
Rick Caudle - MCSD
Microsoft BizTalk Developer Support

reserved.

1. Schedule not processing to completion

I have created a Schedule that begins with a message placed in a
private message queue. A Biztalk message receive function then picks
up the message and a following action should produce a new document
and place it in another messege queue but nothing is ever appearing in
this queue.

Using Biztalk Admin if you look in the Workflow folder there is an
entry indicating the schedule is processing but this status never
changes.

If I change the Biztalk Message at the start to a MSMQ message and run
the schedule using the sked command the process works fine.

All the queues,ports and channels appear to have been created
correctly and the Receive function seems to have been confiqured
correctly and no errors are appearing in the Event viewer.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Regards
         Michael

2. Warp versus Amigados !!!

3. Pointer to Waffle Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

4. Simple schedule vs Full Schedule

5. Long term LAN Administrator opening in Baltimore Maryland.

6. Why will this simple script NOT run under XP?

7. Multiple gateways

8. Scheduled Backups not Running

9. SBS4.5 runs out of license numbers, but it's not true / scheduled reboot

10. XLANG monitor not showing running schedules

11. Simple script doesn't run

12. Problem running samba as a simple server for two computers