Biztalk -.net - SOAP?

Post by Anu » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:11:31

hi everybody,

      I am herewith some basic outworld questions.

  As Biztalk is one of the .net enterprise servers, (in future versions they are
saying that) the implimentation of actions in the Biztalk orchesteration will be
the .net service. But what will be the advantage of .net service over a custom
dll regarding Biztalk?

     What is the advantage of SOAP  protocol apart from custom HTTP regarding
with Biztalk?

     Have any one tried the FTP protocol with Biztalk? If so please guide me with
step by step explanation and receive function role in it also.

          Apart from answers to this questions Please give ur comments and notes
also regarding this.

regards,
S.A.Radha.

Biztalk -.net - SOAP?

Post by Mark Burc » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:30:42

  As Biztalk is one of the .net enterprise servers, (in future versions they
are
saying that) the implimentation of actions in the Biztalk orchesteration
will be
the .net service. But what will be the advantage of .net service over a
custom
dll regarding Biztalk?

Where are they saying this? Can you please post where you saw this (if you
have it) because i'd like to see it.

Have any one tried the FTP protocol with Biztalk? If so please guide me with
step by step explanation and receive function role in it also.

Basically what you do is setup the receive function to poll a location like
ftp://AnusServer.com/files
When the receive function finds a doc there at that location it picks it up
and routes to channel you have selected or whatever you want to do with it.
Its really that simple.

To send a doc FROM Biztalk to Anu's server you set up the port to use the
ftp protocol and the location ftp://AnusServer.com/orders.
its really simple.

1. Soap Envelope via Biztalk to DOt NET ASMX web service

I am looking for an example BizTalk Soap Envelop to use to post data from my
Orchestration to a Dot Net web service.

I found need it in this format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <soap:Body>
    <GetXML xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">
      <REQUISITION>string</REQUISITION>
    </GetXML>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I founs this one, but it doesn't give me the soap: namespace.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!-- Generated by using BizTalk Editor on Wed, Dec 26 2001 09:33:39 AM -->
<!-- Microsoft Corporation (c) 2000 (http://www.microsoft.com) -->
<Schema name="Envelope"
b:BizTalkServerEditorTool_Version="1.0"
b:root_reference="Envelope"
b:is_envelope="yes"
b:standard="XML"
b:target_namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"
xmlns:b="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:BizTalkServer"
xmlns:d="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"
xmlns:soap="urn:schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope">

 <b:SelectionFields>
  <b:Field key="Document_Node" query="*[local-name()='Body' and
namespace-uri()='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/']/*[local-name()=
'GetXML' and
namespace-uri()='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/']/*[local-name()=
'REQUISITION' and
namespace-uri()='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/']" />
 </b:SelectionFields>
 <ElementType name="REQUISITION" content="empty" model="closed">
  <b:RecordInfo />
 </ElementType>
 <ElementType name="GetXML" content="eltOnly" model="closed">
  <b:RecordInfo />
  <element type="REQUISITION" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" />
 </ElementType>
 <ElementType name="Envelope" content="eltOnly" model="open">
  <description>SOAP Envelope</description>
  <b:RecordInfo />
  <element type="Body" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" />
 </ElementType>
 <ElementType name="Body" content="eltOnly" model="open">
  <description>Envelope content body</description>
  <b:RecordInfo />
  <element type="GetXML" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" />
 </ElementType>
</Schema>

2. Orange SPV and PocketMac

3. biztalk and soap envelopes

4. ISA Video Cards

5. BizTalk, SOAP Toolkit and Statefull

6. SR. LOTUS NOTES/DOMINO ADMINISTRATORS

7. BizTalk Custom SOAP Envelopes

8. Infomagic MIA

9. biztalk and soap

10. Different of SOAP and BizTalk