Security and ports

Post by STom » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 05:39:16

I have a BizTalk server setup behind a firewall and DMZ. Outside of the DMZ,
I have an application that needs to send an XML document through the
firewall to get to my directory for a file receive function.

The firewall operators will not allow the machine ports necessary to drop
this file to be open for security reasons.

What is the best way to get around this issue?

STom

Security and ports

Post by Everett Ya » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:16:01

Do they allow HTTP post to an ASP page?  If so, then you can have the ASP
page write to a local directory.

Everett Yang

Security and ports

Post by STom » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 01:54:54

I was thinking more along the lines of having them drop
the file into a message queue.

I could then use a message queue receive function.

I believe that if they sent it into the message queue,
that would keep people from being able to hack in and
enumerate the machine drives.

I'm not sure whats involved though in writing script code
on one machine to open a queue on another machine. It
sounds just as much as security risk.

STom

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Do they allow HTTP post to an ASP page?  If so, then you
can have the ASP
>page write to a local directory.

>Everett Yang

1. ports ports and more ports

I have a sbs2000 that is configured in a standard 2 nic setup. I am using
term services, exchange for email, ftp, and vpn. I ran netstat -an and found
there were alot of ports that were listening that make me very nervous.
Could someone help identify what these ports are used for? Here are just a
few tcp ports that came up as active but had no Local or destination ip
assigned (0.0.0.0) to them:
6101
6974
10062
10736
29255
29604
63133
32000
32053
691

This server was configured using internet connection wiz. But It seems like
there are way to many ports open. Which ports can I close???

TIA

TRD

2. IslandDraw and TIFF-Format - need help

3. Port security

4. Generating DEF from LVS

5. FTP Port disabled for Security Reasons

6. speed,MEX's,MAT's,and MIDEVA

7. POP3 Port 110 Security

8. Need WPS Programming Book Recommendation

9. Port 443 for OWA: Security Risks?

10. ** Security Bulletin 03-070 IIS/WebDav OPEN PORT 80 OWA Heads Up

11. security and ports

12. Server security and open ports

13. port security