VMware query / Acme query

Post by Andrew Simmo » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:26:37

Two unrelated queries:

1) Is there a simple way to access files on my hard drive from a
Plan9 virtual machine running under VMware under Windows 2000?

2) Is there an implementation of anything like Acme for Windows?

VMware query / Acme query

Post by Lyndon Nerenbe » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:45:33

Quote:> 2) Is there an implementation of anything like Acme for Windows?

wily (the Unix acme clone) builds out of the box under Cygwin.
As do the Unix versions of rc and sam.

--lyndon (part-time inmate of the Windows hell)

VMware query / Acme query

Post by Sa » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:04:32

Quote:> 2) Is there an implementation of anything like Acme for Windows?

The Inferno hosted binaries will give you acme in windows (effectively).

Sam

VMware query / Acme query

Post by rob pike, es » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:33:32

Quote:> wily (the Unix acme clone) builds out of the box under Cygwin.

Not a clone, really, more of a cousin.

-rob

VMware query / Acme query

Post by Fariborz Skip Tavakkoli » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:10:35

Cousin  by marriage (actually, shotgun marriage)

Quote:>Not a clone, really, more of a cousin.

VMware query / Acme query

Post by Dan Cro » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:13:27

Quote:> Cousin  by marriage (actually, shotgun marriage)

Offspring of married cousins, perhaps?

No, that's unkind; I don't think wily is that bad.  I rather like it
under Unix, though I prefer acme.

        - Dan C.

VMware query / Acme query

Post by rob pike, es » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:21:32

Quote:> Cousin  by marriage (actually, shotgun marriage)

In truth, it's based on an early version of Acme and, by
necessity, its interface to external applications is quite
different.  Mail under Wily is nothing like mail under
Acme, at least as I last saw Wily (quite a while ago now).

-rob

1. Querying against a DataWindow - or - How to do this query?

I'd like to be able to query a single table of the following format:

(DATE,DEPARTMENT,PRICE,QUANTITY)

And what I'd like to do is something like the following:

Given a range of dates, select the following data:

(DEPARTMENT,THIS YEAR TOTAL PRICE, LAST YEAR TOTAL PRICE)

I can figure out how to do this for _JUST_ this year and for just _LAST_
year.  I would think to potentially do this into two datawindows and
then create a third datawindow that would join based on the DEPARTMENT
field.  But I don't see a way of doing that.  I could do both selects
into individual datawindows, save both datawindows and then import the
data, but that seems like an awfully awkward solution.

If anyone has found a clean way of doing a query like this in PB, I'd
appreciate knowing how.

Thanks in advance,
-Gavin Stark

2. FS: New Pilot HotSync Cables - PC

3. Nested queries/sub-queries...

4. Looking for an NSF viewer

5. Query query

6. link help please

7. Subselect query for a multi table insert single query

8. Formatting from Word 2000

9. Start Immediate // VMware with Vsphere 5.0 and VMware 3.5 // GA // 2-3 months

10. Vuescan Cropping query

11. zoom factor query