Inferno: /net/tcp/clone file not found error

Inferno: /net/tcp/clone file not found error

Post by James Aren » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm new to Inferno and I'm trying to connect to a remote host (Inferno
server) with an Inferno client. When I put in the address for the
server, it responds saying something along the lines of file:
/net/tcp/clone not found. What does this mean? What is the clone file?

I would greatly appreciate any help that you can provide.

James
----

Post by Justin Hi » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I'm new to Inferno and I'm trying to connect to a remote host (Inferno
> server) with an Inferno client. When I put in the address for the
> server, it responds saying something along the lines of file:
> /net/tcp/clone not found. What does this mean? What is the clone file?

> I would greatly appreciate any help that you can provide.

> James
> ----

I found things work a lot better if you use the machine name in the
remote connection window.  I have a Win95, and a Plan9 box talking to
each other.  I have included information about each machines in their
respective "host tables" (win95, /windows/lmhosts; plan9,
/lib/ndb/local).

The clone file seems to be what inferno uses to create new connections.
Here I am just guessing, but if anyone from Lucent could better define
this I would be very happy.  I hope I have helped some.

1. Distiller error "file :300 not found"

Distiller 4.0 staaartd giving me an error when trying to print.  It
worked fine yesterday.  No instaslls of new hardware or software and
printing from Quark or notepad doesn't matter same error.  Set
compatability to 3.0 last week and that is the only change and that
worked fine until this morning.

2. Time Sync with NT4 PDC and W2K Server?

3. File Not Found error

4. This is a hard one, maybe not even possible

5. Visio 2002 Pro "VBA File Not Found" Error

6. multiformat media player?

7. -43 "File not found" errors in Quark

8. Hacks Unite! Amiga hacks get your hacks KNOWN!

9. Error: File not found - Occurred in SYS_GetFileContents

10. Error: Internal error in agent - Child not found (-12000)

11. GetCloseWindows() : Error Child Not found,Internal Error in Agent