Vaio PCG-F809K - Where's the harddisk located?

Vaio PCG-F809K - Where's the harddisk located?

Post by Florian Spis » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 20:39:32

Hey group...

I have to change the harddisks between two PCG-F809K, but I don't know
where they are exactly located. Anyone who can tell me, how I can get
to them?

Thanks in advance.
Florian

PS: Please send a copy of your message to my email.

1. help:Vaio PCG-XG39 Won't POST

Hi, I have one Sony Vaio PCG-XG39
it's totally dead, well, not quite totally, when I push the Power
button the power light comes on, the dvd drive lights up and spins a
little bit.

but it won't turn on the display or even POST.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the owner tried to flash the BIOS,
but flashed the wrong type.

Is there any emergency flash procedures available for this model?
I don't know anything about it, not even the type of bios, a search on
google suggested that it had a Phoenix bios installed and that could
be restored with
this procedure:
 b. To recover BIOS;
   i. Recovery flash requires a update key over COM port and pin
definition as follow:
      Pin4 wires to Pin8 and Pin9
      Pin7 wires to Pin6
      Pin3 wires to Pin2
   ii. Use Supermicro CD to make a "Phoenix BIOS crisis disk for
supermicro mainboard". This disk includes a BIOS file named
"bios.rom". Please note, this BIOS file can be changed to a different
Phoenix BIOS file as long as it's named "bios.rom"
   iii. Connect the serial key into COM port, insert the recovery disk
into floppy drive and power on the system.
   iv. When the ssytem starts to read the disk, remove the serial key
immediately.
   v. When system is done with BIOS recovery, it will automatically
reboot.

this is actually for a SuperMicro Motherboard so I don't know if that
works.

anyone have any idea what to do?

2. HELP: SQL*Net V1 - ORA-03113: end-of-file on comms channel

3. What's a VAIO PCG-N505VE worth?

4. Zooming with mouse

5. FS: SONY VAIO PCG-XG29, SONY VAIO PCG-F590, DELL Inspiron R700UW, Inspiron G750YW + few IBM models.

6. Getting files onto Siena without psiwin??

7. W2000 driver for Sony Vaio pcg-qr10

8. Book for a beginner with the 1040STE

9. Looking for Recovery Software for Sony VAIO PCG-F350 Notebook

10. Sony VAIO PCG-F520

11. drivers for VAIO pcg-f801a /W2K

12. Sony VAIO PCG-GRX570 does not boot