Dead laptop - any advice?

Post by Martin van Hensberge » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 01:36:15

Hi group,

A friend of mine brought in a laptop of unknown brand with type number
'nb-320s'. When I turn it on, the harddisk powers up, the power-on led
lights up, but the screen remains dark. Sometimes, after turning the
computer on-and-off for a gazillion times, it may suddenly boot for once.

Any idea what the cause may be? I was thinking about a damaged motherboard?

Note: the computer isn't running on a battery (the battery was damaged) so
the computer only runs on the power-adapter. Does that yield a problem?

Thanks in advance!

Dead laptop - any advice?

Post by iTHiNK Computer » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 01:55:50

I know what laptop that is.  please email me I will see what I can do
Charles Payne

www.ithinkcomputersinc.com
AIM: ithinkcomputers

Quote:> Hi group,

> A friend of mine brought in a laptop of unknown brand with type number
> 'nb-320s'. When I turn it on, the harddisk powers up, the power-on led
> lights up, but the screen remains dark. Sometimes, after turning the
> computer on-and-off for a gazillion times, it may suddenly boot for once.

> Any idea what the cause may be? I was thinking about a damaged
motherboard?

> Note: the computer isn't running on a battery (the battery was damaged) so
> the computer only runs on the power-adapter. Does that yield a problem?

> Thanks in advance!

1. Advice on dead Toshiba 460 CDT

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba 460 CDT,P166MMX notebook.
I cannot boot it up.
There is power going into the notebook, but it will not start up.

According to Toshiba Support, it is very likely the system board is
dead, and will cost S$1000 to replace (which is real expensive, and
not worth the cost).

Anyone out there have any advice on any cheap alternatives to revive
this notebook?

--
ChrisHo

2. Win 2000 Server DNS question

3. Dead Maxtor LXT200A: seeking surgery advice

4. DMA for NCR53C710

5. Anyone have any advice about a possibly dead CD-R drive?

6. Cognos Impromptu Connection to AS400

7. OD May Be Dead, Advice Sought

8. é => (é) => é with XT transformer ?

9. Help, Need Advice - Fix dead film scanner or buy new one.

10. Dead Laptop?

11. recovering data from dead laptop

12. LAPTOP is DEAD, New Handheld/PDA+CELL Phone Combo/Hybrid Will Dominate

13. Wtd: Dead, Problem laptops...