3rd Times A Charm?

Post by Elija » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:45:27

This is the 3rd time i have posted this message in this group.

And i am getting an ulcer from peeking my head in every hour for 3 days
looking for a response : )

If this is not the correct group to post this in just let me know.

Otherwise if you could atleast point me in the correct direction to figure
this out, i would be forever grateful.

Message:

When using a certain website for my company it requires you to select the
proper CSP (cryptographic service provider) from a drop down list.

The only one listed is "Microsoft Base Cryptographic Service Provider v1.0"

When looking in the registry though i see that i have many others
"installed" by going to
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Providers"

I have Windows XP SP1 and IE 6 SP1.

Another computer seemingly the same shows many in the list.

I believe that it just that the current user does not have any CSP defined
and is reverting to this one.

Again you all seem very knowledgeable on this kind of stuffs, any help will
be greatly appreciated.

Elijah

3rd Times A Charm?

Post by Eric » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 03:28:19

Elijah,

Log on as admin and see if the problem still occurs.
Also, try to put a good subject line on your post so that
people who are familiar with the problem can scan the
subjects and see your problem more quickly.  The site
you're going to may need 128 bit encryption.  Be sure your
browser supports this.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>This is the 3rd time i have posted this message in this
group.

>And i am getting an ulcer from peeking my head in every
hour for 3 days
>looking for a response : )

>If this is not the correct group to post this in just let
me know.

>Otherwise if you could atleast point me in the correct
direction to figure
>this out, i would be forever grateful.

>Message:

>When using a certain website for my company it requires
you to select the
>proper CSP (cryptographic service provider) from a drop
down list.

>The only one listed is "Microsoft Base Cryptographic

Service Provider v1.0"
Quote:

>When looking in the registry though i see that i have
many others
>"installed" by going to
>"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaul
ts\Providers"

>I have Windows XP SP1 and IE 6 SP1.

>Another computer seemingly the same shows many in the
list.

>I believe that it just that the current user does not

have any CSP defined
Quote:>and is reverting to this one.

>Again you all seem very knowledgeable on this kind of

stuffs, any help will

Quote:>be greatly appreciated.

>Elijah

>.

3rd Times A Charm?

Post by Elija » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 04:42:47

These are the subject lines of my first 2 posts respectively:
"How to use another CSP, or set default"
"Microsoft Base Cryptographic Service Provider v1.0"

I am logged on as Administrator, it is the only account on the computer
other than the disabled guest account.

The site i am going to does require 128 bit encryption, and my browser is
IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.03455-1633IC
Cipher Strength: 128bit
Update Versions:; SP2; Q813489; Q818529

I have the correct CSP's installed on this machine for 128bit encryption

They are just not listed.

This happens with several other XP machines here.

Thank you for the reply though, any other thoughts?

Elijah

Quote:> Elijah,

> Log on as admin and see if the problem still occurs.
> Also, try to put a good subject line on your post so that
> people who are familiar with the problem can scan the
> subjects and see your problem more quickly.  The site
> you're going to may need 128 bit encryption.  Be sure your
> browser supports this.

3rd Times A Charm?

Post by Elija » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 05:00:30

Any other options please?

Elijah

> These are the subject lines of my first 2 posts respectively:
> "How to use another CSP, or set default"
> "Microsoft Base Cryptographic Service Provider v1.0"

> I am logged on as Administrator, it is the only account on the computer
> other than the disabled guest account.

> The site i am going to does require 128 bit encryption, and my browser is
> IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.03455-1633IC
> Cipher Strength: 128bit
> Update Versions:; SP2; Q813489; Q818529

> I have the correct CSP's installed on this machine for 128bit encryption

> They are just not listed.

> This happens with several other XP machines here.

> Thank you for the reply though, any other thoughts?

> Elijah

> > Elijah,

> > Log on as admin and see if the problem still occurs.
> > Also, try to put a good subject line on your post so that
> > people who are familiar with the problem can scan the
> > subjects and see your problem more quickly.  The site
> > you're going to may need 128 bit encryption.  Be sure your
> > browser supports this.

1. 3rd time - boot sector and OS on different drives

Perhaps all I can do is start over but I was hoping
someone could suggest something. A second Win 2000
install (the one I want to keep) went onto drive 2.  I
believe this leaves the boot sector and some startup
files on drive 1 where the first OS was installed.  Is
there any way to get everything onto drive 2 so I can
remove drive 1?

Thanks, Mark

2. SmarTeam Newsgroup

3. Win2k Dialup to ISP fails 2nd,3rd,4th time

4. Happy Flashcom Customer

5. 3rd time I'm posting this - please help !@!!

6. How could I handle several video capture cards?

7. MVP Help Please REPOST 3rd TIME: Unusual GPO Problem

8. Wanted: in.uucpd for SunOS 4.1.1 running on a Sun 3x (3/80)

9. 3rd time posting.. Someone please help...

10. 3rd time! Double startup

11. Resend for the 3rd time

12. Win2k Dialup to ISP fails 2nd,3rd,4th time

13. W2K hangs on start up every 2nd or 3rd time