128 MB card won't work; 8 MB card will

Post by Dean » Fri, 03 Jan 2003 08:19:34

My computer would no longer autoplay my HP digital camera
with the Scanner and Camera Wizard. TweakUI fixed this
problem when using an 8 MB CF card in the camera, but did
not fix it for a 128 MB CF card in the camera. When the
128 MB card is in the camera, Windows recognizes it as a
removable disc that is not formatted, and I can't access
any data on the card.

Any ideas?  Thx.

128 MB card won't work; 8 MB card will

Post by Yves Alari » Fri, 03 Jan 2003 09:48:35

You need to go to the HP site and update the driver to read this larger
card.

Quote:> My computer would no longer autoplay my HP digital camera
> with the Scanner and Camera Wizard. TweakUI fixed this
> problem when using an 8 MB CF card in the camera, but did
> not fix it for a 128 MB CF card in the camera. When the
> 128 MB card is in the camera, Windows recognizes it as a
> removable disc that is not formatted, and I can't access
> any data on the card.

> Any ideas?  Thx.

128 MB card won't work; 8 MB card will

Post by MS-MV » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:00:51

You need a card reader for CF cards of over 32mb

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/pc_photography/support_doc/bpy00100.html

Cari
www.coribright.com

Quote:> My computer would no longer autoplay my HP digital camera
> with the Scanner and Camera Wizard. TweakUI fixed this
> problem when using an 8 MB CF card in the camera, but did
> not fix it for a 128 MB CF card in the camera. When the
> 128 MB card is in the camera, Windows recognizes it as a
> removable disc that is not formatted, and I can't access
> any data on the card.

> Any ideas?  Thx.

128 MB card won't work; 8 MB card will

Post by Dean » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 06:05:42

Thank you. You are absolutely right! I finally found this
information on HP's website. Is this what may be causing
problems for some of the other camera brand owners as
well, or is this peculiarity limited to HP cameras?

Dean

1. 128 MB PC133 ECC SDRAM or 256 MB PC 100 RAM?

Chris, in addition to Larry Mattingly.

If you use the PC100 and PC133 modules at the same time, the system
speed will be defined by the slowest memory. Were you use the PC133
modules only -- you could probably speed up your system a little by
changing the RAM timing in BIOS (decrease some of the memory cycles).
--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP-DTS

2. Help Wanted

3. FA: Sun Ultra/Enterprise 64MB Memory Kit, <$3 now, ends <4 hours

4. Smart Media Card/ problem formatting (128 Mb only)

5. 2 Meg memory for 2091 - $75

6. 128 Mb RAM enough for Win 2000 Pro?

7. EFsys for PC-500?

8. 128 MB and WIN 98?

9. windows "only shows 128 mb"

10. Old pc with 128 mb okay for w2k pro?

11. 128 MB RAM

12. installing W2K Prof. on PC with 128 Mb