Printing pics through Windows Explorer

Post by Deb » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:05:50

What I'd like to do is print out my folder index , in
windows explorer, with the file name under it... for
example.. I have a bunch of pictures in a file... I'd
like to print out the pictures with the file names under
it... I'd like to have a bunch of pics on one sheet... do
you know how to do that?  I have windows XP office.

Printing pics through Windows Explorer

Post by Yves Alari » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:30:38

To print an index of photos, open the folder to see the thumbnails. Hold the
Ctrl key down and press the letter A. This will select (highlight in blue)
all the photos.
Look at the menu on the left and click on Print these pictures.
A Wizard will open. Just follow the directions. When you get to Layout
selection, scroll down to select Contact sheet. This will print 35 photos on
8 x 11 sheet with the name of the file under each photo.
If you are printing with an Ink jet printer, it is probably better to print
the index using black ink only. Set this up when the Wizard box open to
select the printer, under printer preferences. The fastest way is to print
it with a Laser printer if you have such.

If you want multiple photos on a sheet and you want to add text under each
and you have Office XP, you can do this with Word.
Open Word and get a blank page. Click on Insert on the top bar and click on
Picture on the opening menu. Then click on From file. This will open a box
for you to select the file you want. Selecting the file will automatically
open it on your page. You can then right click on the image to edit it
(size, placement, etc) and you will also have a tool bar that can be used to
crop the picture, change contrast etc. If you get good at it, you can resize
and place the image by just using the mouse. Once you are done with the
image, you can type anything you want under it. You then Insert the next
photos etc.
The fastest way is to use Power Point also in XP Office.
Open Power Point. On the top bar, click on Insert, click on Picture and on
New Album. A box will open for you to select the files you want. After you
select them they are automatically loaded and displayed as thumbnails on the
left side.
Click on each one to display them in the center, right click on each  photo,
and click on Add text. A white bar will open, type the text you want and
click anywhere outside the photo to get out of the photo and bring the next
one. Once done with all the photos, you are ready to print.
Click on File, Page setup to select your paper size and landscape or
portrait.
Click on File, Print Preview. At the top, look for "Print What:" and select
the number of slides per page you want by scrolling in the selection box.
The layout will be displayed automatically for each selection and you then
just click on print with the layout you want.
The nice thing about Power Point is you can add or remove photos from this
album as well as change the order and print just a few slides if you decide
to, etc. You have less control on placement and sizing than when using Word
and also the text is added on top of the image itself, not under, it but you
may sacrifice this for speed.

> What I'd like to do is print out my folder index , in
> windows explorer, with the file name under it... for
> example.. I have a bunch of pictures in a file... I'd
> like to print out the pictures with the file names under
> it... I'd like to have a bunch of pics on one sheet... do
> you know how to do that?  I have windows XP office.

1. Slow printing thru Windows 2000 print server

Network printers print first page very fast when
configuring each computer to access the printer directly
(to the printer's IP address).  First page takes up to 2
minutes to print when using Windows 2000 Server as a print
server (setting the printers up on the Windows 2000
Server, then sharing it, and then connecting each computer
to that shared printer).

What can be the problem? Haven't been able to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance.

Alfonso

2. Do you own a pager? Get a virtual Office.

3. window explorer won't show pics

4. Palm OS Email Apps, Terminal Apps, and Smartphones buying guides

5. Window Explorer, preview pic on the left

6. Fundamental ThinkP->CW Pascal Question

7. HIDDEN CAMERAS PICS HIDDEN CAMERA PICS HIDDEN CAMERA SHOWER PICSFREE HIDDEN CAMERA...

8. office2000 programs crash/screen dissolve

9. Pass thru authentication of users via a domain controller thru a firewall

10. fax & pic viewer - pic editor does not open

11. When is a pic not a pic ?

12. thumbnail pics when clicked on show different pic

13. printing windows explorer window