What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Andreas Bollhalde » Wed, 14 May 2003 08:31:27

Sorry, but I like more to read nothing than only the discussion if GEOS is
dead or not.

Let the people talk there real GEOS problems. I'm not a frequently writer,
but I read it every day. If ever something should happens, then it start in
the head. And if some people only have bad opinions, nothing will happens.
Only destruction and nothing new. Life is one being.

Andreas

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Marco106 » Wed, 14 May 2003 13:48:00

Bob and Pat always poormouth geos and newdeal. Just skip over their posts..
Marc

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Bob » Thu, 15 May 2003 02:44:19

if the ng was only for what you state there would be no posts. the only
users of geos are few and long time. they don't have questions. there are NO
new users of geos, so no questions or problems would arise.

Quote:> Sorry, but I like more to read nothing than only the discussion if GEOS is
> dead or not.

> Let the people talk there real GEOS problems. I'm not a frequently writer,
> but I read it every day. If ever something should happens, then it start
in
> the head. And if some people only have bad opinions, nothing will happens.
> Only destruction and nothing new. Life is one being.

> Andreas

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Bob » Thu, 15 May 2003 02:47:00

yes. educated people never listen to opposing opinions! you sound like those
bible fanatics that prove what is in the bible by using the bible.

it is folks like myself and pat and even Ed D., that happily state the
present incarnation of geos is dead. only a fool would disagree. new deal
dead, gwrx dropped it, globalPC dead, BBX squeezing out the last drop of
*. no improvements, no R & D. it is dead.

Quote:> Bob and Pat always poormouth geos and newdeal. Just skip over their
posts..
> Marc

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Pat » Thu, 15 May 2003 04:44:11

Practically all the GEOS problems have been documented, because there is
virtually no **new** improvement in code making it into the hands of users
for them to discover new bugs or issues to report. GEOS is in that category,
like a pair of old slippers, well worn and every square centimeter having
been experienced by the foot.

Quote:> Sorry, but I like more to read nothing than only the discussion if GEOS is
> dead or not.

> Let the people talk there real GEOS problems. I'm not a frequently writer,
> but I read it every day. If ever something should happens, then it start
in
> the head. And if some people only have bad opinions, nothing will happens.
> Only destruction and nothing new. Life is one being.

> Andreas

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Pat » Thu, 15 May 2003 04:46:25

No, just answer the posts without colored glasses on. Face the facts, GEOS
is in status quo with no more new releases of the core OS and/or core apps.

Quote:> Bob and Pat always poormouth geos and newdeal. Just skip over their
posts..
> Marc

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Edward Nij » Thu, 15 May 2003 05:35:56

Hi,

Even after all these years I found some goodies in Geos yesterday that made
my slippers feel much more comfortable.
Even the smell is gone. :-)

Edward

> Practically all the GEOS problems have been documented, because there is
> virtually no **new** improvement in code making it into the hands of users
> for them to discover new bugs or issues to report. GEOS is in that
category,
> like a pair of old slippers, well worn and every square centimeter having
> been experienced by the foot.

> > Sorry, but I like more to read nothing than only the discussion if GEOS
is
> > dead or not.

> > Let the people talk there real GEOS problems. I'm not a frequently
writer,
> > but I read it every day. If ever something should happens, then it start
> in
> > the head. And if some people only have bad opinions, nothing will
happens.
> > Only destruction and nothing new. Life is one being.

> > Andreas

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Andreas Bollhalde » Thu, 15 May 2003 06:02:00

Hi Bob,

Maybe your frequent writing will held the people in this ng ;-)

I don't have many questions related to GEOS because I use it since the
PC/GEOS 1.x times. I'm happy that I can still use my docs from 1991/2 on and
create prints for PCBs and all other stuff. The real work I'm doing in GEOS
again and again. It works for me and for a lot of other people it would too.

Maybe we will realize that in 30 years. When some resources has been gone.
We won't use PCs anymore...

OK, this is some out of topics and something for the presidents on the
world. But no one is really interested to change anything. Enjoying this
world is too nice, we have to kill it.

Andreas

> if the ng was only for what you state there would be no posts. the only
> users of geos are few and long time. they don't have questions. there are
NO
> new users of geos, so no questions or problems would arise.

> > Sorry, but I like more to read nothing than only the discussion if GEOS
is
> > dead or not.

> > Let the people talk there real GEOS problems. I'm not a frequently
writer,
> > but I read it every day. If ever something should happens, then it start
> in
> > the head. And if some people only have bad opinions, nothing will
happens.
> > Only destruction and nothing new. Life is one being.

> > Andreas

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Pat » Thu, 15 May 2003 07:16:11

You mean the smell of a stack of floppies? LOL!

> Hi,

> Even after all these years I found some goodies in Geos yesterday that
made
> my slippers feel much more comfortable.
> Even the smell is gone. :-)

> Edward

> > Practically all the GEOS problems have been documented, because there is
> > virtually no **new** improvement in code making it into the hands of
users
> > for them to discover new bugs or issues to report. GEOS is in that
> category,
> > like a pair of old slippers, well worn and every square centimeter
having
> > been experienced by the foot.

> > > Sorry, but I like more to read nothing than only the discussion if
GEOS
> is
> > > dead or not.

> > > Let the people talk there real GEOS problems. I'm not a frequently
> writer,
> > > but I read it every day. If ever something should happens, then it
start
> > in
> > > the head. And if some people only have bad opinions, nothing will
> happens.
> > > Only destruction and nothing new. Life is one being.

> > > Andreas

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Bob » Thu, 15 May 2003 07:19:35

Listen, if you like using DOS 4.0 and Windows 3.1 fine. They are both dead
also.

> Hi Bob,

> Maybe your frequent writing will held the people in this ng ;-)

> I don't have many questions related to GEOS because I use it since the
> PC/GEOS 1.x times. I'm happy that I can still use my docs from 1991/2 on
and
> create prints for PCBs and all other stuff. The real work I'm doing in
GEOS
> again and again. It works for me and for a lot of other people it would
too.

> Maybe we will realize that in 30 years. When some resources has been gone.
> We won't use PCs anymore...

> OK, this is some out of topics and something for the presidents on the
> world. But no one is really interested to change anything. Enjoying this
> world is too nice, we have to kill it.

> Andreas

> > if the ng was only for what you state there would be no posts. the only
> > users of geos are few and long time. they don't have questions. there
are
> NO
> > new users of geos, so no questions or problems would arise.

> > > Sorry, but I like more to read nothing than only the discussion if
GEOS
> is
> > > dead or not.

> > > Let the people talk there real GEOS problems. I'm not a frequently
> writer,
> > > but I read it every day. If ever something should happens, then it
start
> > in
> > > the head. And if some people only have bad opinions, nothing will
> happens.
> > > Only destruction and nothing new. Life is one being.

> > > Andreas

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Bob » Thu, 15 May 2003 07:33:31

Ed,

I mean all due respect. It is not that I'm or Pat is putting folks down that
happen, (for some strange reason), to use GEOS. What I'm saying is that
there is not now, nor has there been for YEARS, nor will there ever be
again, any R&D of PC/GEOS. This is a fact. That means as with ANY product,
it is dead.

I'm trying to convince some investors to finance my new company which will
produce spats. Now spats are as viable a product in 2003 as PC/GEOS. So, if
I get the capital, I'll let Frank from BBX know so he can get some capital.
Neither one of us stand a chance!

> You mean the smell of a stack of floppies? LOL!

> > Hi,

> > Even after all these years I found some goodies in Geos yesterday that
> made
> > my slippers feel much more comfortable.
> > Even the smell is gone. :-)

> > Edward

> > > Practically all the GEOS problems have been documented, because there
is
> > > virtually no **new** improvement in code making it into the hands of
> users
> > > for them to discover new bugs or issues to report. GEOS is in that
> > category,
> > > like a pair of old slippers, well worn and every square centimeter
> having
> > > been experienced by the foot.

> GEOS
> > is

> > writer,
> start
> > > in
> > happens.

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Edward Nij » Thu, 15 May 2003 22:45:34

I know Bob,

I've realized that from where Newdeal took over. It took too long before
major changes were made, IMHO.
I never understood why not one single time that Big boss of Newdeal entered
in this group just to show he cared for this usergroup.
I'll keep using it, I only use a 900 MHz, so no difficulties here.
For most of you it's all daily stuff, like me baking bread. :-)
I quit school when I was six*, "maybe I'm amazed"(!)  therefor everytime
I use my computer or when someone helps me out when I have a problem. For me
it's a wonderfull world and I'm happy Geos is in it too.
I use Win everyday, just like Geos.
Every year I put together a small booklet for our group, we're trying to
practice our Spanish every two weeks, just to not forget about it. I don't
like to throw all the ease of use of more then 10 years overboard just to
please one in the group who wants it in Word.
Besides I'm still busy translating most part of Geos.
I promised it more then a year ago and now I see light at the end of the
tunnel. :-)

> Ed,

> I mean all due respect. It is not that I'm or Pat is putting folks down
that
> happen, (for some strange reason), to use GEOS. What I'm saying is that
> there is not now, nor has there been for YEARS, nor will there ever be
> again, any R&D of PC/GEOS. This is a fact. That means as with ANY product,
> it is dead.

> I'm trying to convince some investors to finance my new company which will
> produce spats. Now spats are as viable a product in 2003 as PC/GEOS. So,
if
> I get the capital, I'll let Frank from BBX know so he can get some
capital.
> Neither one of us stand a chance!

> > You mean the smell of a stack of floppies? LOL!

> > > Hi,

> > > Even after all these years I found some goodies in Geos yesterday that
> > made
> > > my slippers feel much more comfortable.
> > > Even the smell is gone. :-)

> > > Edward

> is
> > users
> > > category,
> > having

> > GEOS
> > > is

> > > writer,
> > start
> > > happens.

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Andreas Bollhalde » Fri, 16 May 2003 20:02:51

Why not ? :-)))
I'm working on an OS/2 Warp 4 (FP15) minimal installation. I'm now on 10
MBytes for OS/2 and it is starting with a Command Line Multitasker (TSHELL).
The DOS support (VDM) is also working. So I can start OS/2 CMD programs and
GEOS in a VDM and be able to switch between them.

32-Bit Power, old and dead ;-))

Will see if I can play MP3's and work with GEOS on a 75MHz Intel 486 laptop.
I like the butterfly keyboard of it.

Enjoy your imagines.

> Listen, if you like using DOS 4.0 and Windows 3.1 fine. They are both dead
> also.

> > Hi Bob,

> > Maybe your frequent writing will held the people in this ng ;-)

> > I don't have many questions related to GEOS because I use it since the
> > PC/GEOS 1.x times. I'm happy that I can still use my docs from 1991/2 on
> and
> > create prints for PCBs and all other stuff. The real work I'm doing in
> GEOS
> > again and again. It works for me and for a lot of other people it would
> too.

> > Maybe we will realize that in 30 years. When some resources has been
gone.
> > We won't use PCs anymore...

> > OK, this is some out of topics and something for the presidents on the
> > world. But no one is really interested to change anything. Enjoying this
> > world is too nice, we have to kill it.

> > Andreas

> > > if the ng was only for what you state there would be no posts. the
only
> > > users of geos are few and long time. they don't have questions. there
> are
> > NO
> > > new users of geos, so no questions or problems would arise.

> GEOS
> > is

> > writer,
> start
> > > in
> > happens.

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Ray Green » Mon, 19 May 2003 15:04:55

On Thu, 15 May 2003 13:02:51 +0200, "Andreas Bollhalder" <no-spam-please>

Quote:>Why not ? :-)))
>I'm working on an OS/2 Warp 4 (FP15) minimal installation. I'm now on 10
>MBytes for OS/2 and it is starting with a Command Line Multitasker (TSHELL).
>The DOS support (VDM) is also working. So I can start OS/2 CMD programs and
>GEOS in a VDM and be able to switch between them.

>32-Bit Power, old and dead ;-))

>Will see if I can play MP3's and work with GEOS on a 75MHz Intel 486 laptop.
>I like the butterfly keyboard of it.

>Enjoy your imagines.

Andreas, are you able to give us some details on how you did this? I would
like to try using OS/2 as a DOS without a GUI.

Ray Greene.

What the hell are you talking ?

Post by Andreas Bollhalde » Mon, 19 May 2003 21:50:08

Hello Ray,

I'm still testing which files are needed and which entries you need in the
config.sys. I have done a normal installation and startet deleting unneeded
file. I'm currently down on 6Megs of OS/2 files. I will make a document
available describing the details.
There are still some odd behavors like switching between the task where the
video mode isn't changed. Also I'm able to load the DOS ODI driver, but the
system hangs when trying to access the internet from within GEOS. But
hopefully I get a work around. This is the first environment where I could
load the LSL and the NIC driver into high memory.

On my workstation, it's funny to have 629kB conventional and 109kB upper
memory and this with the support of the CD drives.

Andreas

> On Thu, 15 May 2003 13:02:51 +0200, "Andreas Bollhalder" <no-spam-please>

> >Why not ? :-)))
> >I'm working on an OS/2 Warp 4 (FP15) minimal installation. I'm now on 10
> >MBytes for OS/2 and it is starting with a Command Line Multitasker
(TSHELL).
> >The DOS support (VDM) is also working. So I can start OS/2 CMD programs
and
> >GEOS in a VDM and be able to switch between them.

> >32-Bit Power, old and dead ;-))

> >Will see if I can play MP3's and work with GEOS on a 75MHz Intel 486
laptop.
> >I like the butterfly keyboard of it.

> >Enjoy your imagines.

> Andreas, are you able to give us some details on how you did this? I would
> like to try using OS/2 as a DOS without a GUI.

> Ray Greene.

1. Not that I know what the hell I'm talking about ...

But I went to visit a Papa Tango's web site a moment ago and that
addon for Flight Sim 98 seems to be very nice... ( to situate you I
don't even have a flight sim yet ... I am hoping to go for my Private
Pilot license soon and am looking for the most realism possible so I
am checking out the newsgroups for everybody's opinion for Sim's and
Throttles or Joysticks and so on)

Anyhow the addon seems very nice because of the new planes and the Sim
license addon.

I am not sure what the whole Papa Tango thing is about and what the
boycott thing is and would like to know a little more if anyone can
spare the time,

Rico
_____________________________

Of all the things I've lost ...
I miss my mind the most !!!!!!!
_____________________________

2. clie sj20 power button stuck

3. I am getting an x box hell yeah

4. Wavelet Lossless compression

5. I am picked for xbox live and I am from brooklyn new york

6. Multilink on cisco 761

7. I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

8. jitter

9. I-Am I-AM "The Reverend Robert L. Bass "

10. Meet Robert L Bass - I AM - I AM

11. I am Offline when I am online...

12. AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)

13. AM - 65/AM-75