Poll, single most liked feature of Geos

Post by Helene Franze » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Quick poll if you want to add your two cents. I am interested in your opinion
> of the single "best" feature in NDO. NOT applications, features.

Pinnable menus won in a toss up between many features.
Naming just one is very diificult.

Helene

Post by Val or Dea » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> > Quick poll if you want to add your two cents. I am interested in your opinion
> > of the single "best" feature in NDO. NOT applications, features.

> Pinnable menus won in a toss up between many features.
> Naming just one is very diificult.

> Helene

   I honestly believe that the appeal of NDO/GEOS has always been the
MANY different features that blend and work so well together.  But
that's just MHO... -Dean

Post by Bob » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: Poll, single most liked feature of Geos

>  I honestly believe that the appeal of NDO/GEOS has always been the
>MANY different features that blend and work so well together.  But
>that's just MHO

Sure. I was looking for a feature. Even if one was "voted" on by someone else,
you could still vote for it. In my case I voted for Pinnable Menus. Using
Windows 99.99% of the time, it is the single feature that GEOS has that I miss
not having in Windows for example.

Bob B.
Please Reply to the Newsgroup.
People are more important then their opinions.

Poll, single most liked feature of Geos

Post by Mike Flourno » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I am always amazed at the great  little features throughout  NewDeal that
are seldom seen in the other OS's despite their obvious value: Pinable menus
throughout, full drawing program in the wordprocessor and the spreadsheet,
scrolling list alongside the address book, virtual tape on the calculator,
measures conversions on the calculator, full set of printer drivers
preinstalled ( real handy on a laptop ), save default to a common document
folder across all applications , etc.
                      Mike

> Newsgroups: comp.os.geos.misc
> Date: 25 Sep 2000 21:34:29 GMT
> Subject: Re: Poll, single most liked feature of Geos

>> Subject: Re: Poll, single most liked feature of Geos

>> I honestly believe that the appeal of NDO/GEOS has always been the
>> MANY different features that blend and work so well together.  But
>> that's just MHO

> Sure. I was looking for a feature. Even if one was "voted" on by someone else,
> you could still vote for it. In my case I voted for Pinnable Menus. Using
> Windows 99.99% of the time, it is the single feature that GEOS has that I miss
> not having in Windows for example.

> Bob B.
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup.
> People are more important then their opinions.

1. Poll. Single Most Liked Feature of GEOS

Quick poll if you want to add your two cents. I am interested in your opinion
of the single "best" feature in NDO. NOT applications, features.

My vote: Pinnable Menus

Bob B.
Please Reply to the Newsgroup.
People are more important then their opinions.

2. postdoctoral research fellow University of Birmingham

3. Wanted List... $$$

4. This newsgroup really really really really likes likes likes likes likes ddddduuuupppppllllliiiiiicccccaaaatttttiiiiiiooooonnnn

5. Anyone disabled individual primaries on the Commodore 1702 monitor?

6. New Geos Poll

7. Exceed for OS/2

8. Umax "Single Touch" feature on Mac--workaround

9. Geo News Feature - Crime Maps

10. Local Polling Vs Poll Spoofing