Cure for skipper printer lockup in NDO2K

Cure for skipper printer lockup in NDO2K

Post by Da » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 00:15:01

Replacing the HTML IMPEX library with clean copy seems to do the
trick.  It appears a Skipper crash can damage the library, causing the
browser to lockup during printing attempts and also resulting in a
Writer crash during HTML import as well.

You're welcome.

Cure for skipper printer lockup in NDO2K

Post by Bob » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 00:34:23

Quote:> Replacing the HTML IMPEX library with clean copy seems to do the
> trick.  It appears a Skipper crash can damage the library, causing the
> browser to lockup during printing attempts and also resulting in a
> Writer crash during HTML import as well.

> You're welcome.

All of which could be avoided with a newly rewritten 32-bit PM GEOS, or by
using a decent OS until that time comes.

You're welcome.

Post by Edward Di Geronimo Jr » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 23:33:18

>>Replacing the HTML IMPEX library with clean copy seems to do the
>>trick.  It appears a Skipper crash can damage the library, causing the
>>browser to lockup during printing attempts and also resulting in a
>>Writer crash during HTML import as well.

>>You're welcome.

> All of which could be avoided with a newly rewritten 32-bit PM GEOS, or by
> using a decent OS until that time comes.

Nope sorry this one isn't GEOS's fault. Its a bug in Windows or DOS or
whatever OS you're running GEOS over. The libraries is never getting
written to; I'd bet that the crash is disk cache related. A memory
management rewrite won't help this one.

Ed

1. Skipper won't print in NDO2K

Skipper will not print.  The dialoug box comes up and freezes.  Other apps
work fine.  The last time this happened, it appeared to be a corrupted bookmarks
file and/or geos.ini.

Replaced both with clean copies, no improvement. Any suggestions?

Dan.

2. Creating customized skins from an image using .NET and GDI+!!

3. Skipper printer hang - take 2

4. WANTED: Amiga w/ accelerator, hd, mem

5. Downloading PDFs in NDO2K

6. Message Suite - file attachments

7. changing NDO2K keyboard shortcuts

8. Editor/Lib. question

9. NDO2K browsertrouble with yahoo mail

10. Sending faxes in NDO2k

11. Sound under NDO2k

12. The real cure of the Win98 HP 5P driver problem?

13. Vuescan Cures Scan Dual II Line On Scans