XLS-files

Post by Steve Ma » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:35:12

>well really only folks that don't know PC's & OS's would ever dream of
>buying an off the self pre-installed OS and PC. Just pirate XP and be done
>with it. MS couldn't careless about the home user. They only come down on
>Corp. licenses. you can download XP from a 1000 sites. office and 1000 other
>apps as well. i would never in a million years buy any os.

Hiyas, Bob!

Just out of curiosity, what method do you use
and recommend to avoid having to activate your
bootleg copy of XP?

Steve

-----
"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle. "
-- Albert Einstein
-----

XLS-files

Post by Bob » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 05:03:30

Quote:> Hiyas, Bob!

> Just out of curiosity, what method do you use
> and recommend to avoid having to activate your
> bootleg copy of XP?

> Steve

easy. get a easily available copy of a corp license version. not too tough
there steve ;) no activation required. thank you..come again.

XLS-files

Post by Steve Ma » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:39:36

Quote:>easy. get a easily available copy of a corp license version. not too tough
>there steve ;) no activation required. thank you..come again.

Thanks for responding, Bob!
I was just curious how you recommended dealing
with activation. I have plenty of access to preactivated
copies.

Steve

-----
"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle. "
-- Albert Einstein
-----

XLS-files

Post by Bob » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:33:32

Quote:> Thanks for responding, Bob!
> I was just curious how you recommended dealing
> with activation. I have plenty of access to preactivated
> copies.

> Steve

Then you must have had the answer to your question before you asked it? Odd,
that you bothered to ask then.

XLS-files

Post by Steve Ma » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:16:49

Quote:>> Thanks for responding, Bob!
>> I was just curious how you recommended dealing
>> with activation. I have plenty of access to preactivated
>> copies.

>> Steve

>Then you must have had the answer to your question before you asked it? Odd,
>that you bothered to ask then.

My question was "how do YOU recommend...".
I already had MY answer to dealing with activation,
but I did not have YOUR answer. Those of us who
work in MIS or IT and those who spend considerable
time studying about Windows know about the preactivated
"corporate" version of XP, but the typical home user is
not necessarily aware that such a thing exists. Personally,
I have had no reason to search the Internet for copies of
operating systems, so I do not know how easy or how
difficult it might be to find the preactivated versions.
From your answer, I assume it is pretty easy.

Steve

-----
"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle. "
-- Albert Einstein
-----

XLS-files

Quote:> Hi all!