GEOS IS KAPUT, IMHO!

Post by hyubs » Wed, 28 May 2003 10:03:40

the reason no one builds any 16 bit high performance browsers is because
of changing standards.. a treadmill no one can keep up with and which
Microsoft constantly  modifies ("improves") in order ot keep other web
browsers lost in the dust, forever incompatible..

i have almost given up on my netscape..  even the latest netscape
browser cnanot properly display many web pages created using microsoft
software.. if a website does not work properly, i just shut down
netscape (if it hasn't crashed or frozen) adn fire up explorer adn the
web page displays properly.

also, pat if you worked for GM adn had ot make a more powerful engine. i
am sure you would just throw in more gasoline and air adn not give a
hoot about polluiton or fuel mileage.   it is possible to make high
performance cars that are fuel stingy

and the same goes for computer software.... geos is proof of that.

> Bob,

> Nobody on planet earth has ever built a GUI web browser anywhere near the
> likes of IE, Netscape or Opera, based on a 16 bit execution model.

GEOS IS KAPUT, IMHO!

Post by hyubs » Thu, 29 May 2003 02:12:27

you mean muslim extremests like terry McNichols or timothy mcveigh???

or how about iraish catholic extremists

or white skinhead nazi extremeists??

or jewish extremists?

hey, face the truth, "muslim extremists" are the current flavor of the
month to help push thru more restricitons on american liberties, and to
push for more $$$ (ie:welfare) to be paid to the defense industry.

remember htosew toher extremeists??  the nicaraguan extremists? teh el
salvadorans?    all these banana  republics  about to throw over the US,
but you know, they never succeed, they just end up sewing clothes for
the US, or they starve under economic sanctions and become feeble
helpless basket cases  of nations about ot be overthrown by american
extremeists.. oops, i meant "freedom fighters"

> Why not just build some huge targets to make it ease for muslim extremists
> to be more accurate? ROTFL!!!!

>>you can do your part for world peace by voting  for george bush's
>>opponent during the next election

>>>John,

>>>Your company is working on a 32-bit GEOS and I am working on world

> peace. I

>>>doubt either will ever happen in our lifetime.
>>> <g>

GEOS IS KAPUT, IMHO!

Post by Pat » Thu, 29 May 2003 03:44:00

You refer to one BIG and SAD event in American history that has NOT been a
recurring problem since that SINGLE isolated incident. Whilst these muslim
extremists seem constanlty hell bent on destroying America like a swarm of
killer bees, never stopping, constanlty plotting, forever attacking, for
what could be many years to come and they are non-stoppable because most of
it is being hatched in rotten little arm-pit corners of the world.

> you mean muslim extremests like terry McNichols or timothy mcveigh???

> or how about iraish catholic extremists

> or white skinhead nazi extremeists??

> or jewish extremists?

> hey, face the truth, "muslim extremists" are the current flavor of the
> month to help push thru more restricitons on american liberties, and to
> push for more $$$ (ie:welfare) to be paid to the defense industry.

> remember htosew toher extremeists??  the nicaraguan extremists? teh el
> salvadorans?    all these banana  republics  about to throw over the US,
> but you know, they never succeed, they just end up sewing clothes for
> the US, or they starve under economic sanctions and become feeble
> helpless basket cases  of nations about ot be overthrown by american
> extremeists.. oops, i meant "freedom fighters"

> > Why not just build some huge targets to make it ease for muslim
extremists
> > to be more accurate? ROTFL!!!!

> >>you can do your part for world peace by voting  for george bush's
> >>opponent during the next election

> > peace. I

GEOS IS KAPUT, IMHO!

Post by Pat » Thu, 29 May 2003 03:47:54

Still, its not what a professional company would do, IMHO! ;-)

> Well, my question in that poll has yet to be answered even after several
posts
> from the two people who could have answered and ended the thread.

> John ;-)

> > Why not ask John Howard why he started his own thread. Is he obsessed
with
> > two people asking for some clarity in the muddy water created by their
> > obfuscation vis--vis a 32-bit GEOS?

> >>pat why are you so obssessed with breadbox adn 32 bit /protected mode
> >>geos???  please leave the few geos developers out there in peace to
> >>pursue their hobbies/interests/business prospects..

GEOS IS KAPUT, IMHO!

Post by Pat » Thu, 29 May 2003 03:50:09

Spoken like a clueless user who has no idea what is involved. We'll file
this rant in the draw next to your cereal box idea. ROTFL!

> the reason no one builds any 16 bit high performance browsers is because
> of changing standards.. a treadmill no one can keep up with and which
> Microsoft constantly  modifies ("improves") in order ot keep other web
> browsers lost in the dust, forever incompatible..

> i have almost given up on my netscape..  even the latest netscape
> browser cnanot properly display many web pages created using microsoft
> software.. if a website does not work properly, i just shut down
> netscape (if it hasn't crashed or frozen) adn fire up explorer adn the
> web page displays properly.

> also, pat if you worked for GM adn had ot make a more powerful engine. i
> am sure you would just throw in more gasoline and air adn not give a
> hoot about polluiton or fuel mileage.   it is possible to make high
> performance cars that are fuel stingy

> and the same goes for computer software.... geos is proof of that.

> > Bob,

> > Nobody on planet earth has ever built a GUI web browser anywhere near
the
> > likes of IE, Netscape or Opera, based on a 16 bit execution model.

GEOS IS KAPUT, IMHO!

No! your ignorance is painful!

Post by hyubs » Thu, 29 May 2003 07:13:24

> hey, face the truth, "muslim extremists" are the current flavor of the
> month to help push thru more restricitons on american liberties, and to
> push for more $$$ (ie:welfare) to be paid to the defense industry.

here's an example.. the "....500 million dollar bucket of cash...."  las
vegas would love to have lots of federal government cash to raise
salaries and buy all kinds of new stuff (toys) for its police
department..  things like new harley davidson motorcycles    and  SUV
patrol vehicles, and probably new 3 gigahertz pentium 4 computers with
windows XP with 512 mb ram adn 120 gigabyte hard drives, and several
dozen donuts, too, to track those muslim terroists!
Quote:> Sunday, May 25, 2003