Doodle MAX

Post by Ray Gree » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Just received my Doodle MAX prize. It's really cool!

Many thanks to Werni and the Crew. You guys are doing a great job.

It was kinda nice to get both Doodle MAX and ZipManager this week.
Maybe NDO 3.0 will arrive next week...

Ray Greene.

Doodle MAX

Post by ByronC01 » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,
Available at my web page, "NOW".
Some DoodleMax Art you can have fun with,
created by me.

Installation instruction:

You can Un-Zip this archive by using the ZipManager;
directing it to the following path :
 => \PRIVDATA\DoodleMax  directory.

Enjoy !!

Byron Collins
-----------
Byron's Emporium
"Emporium of Book Reader Titles"
http://members.aol.com/byronc0141/index.htm
Kentucky, USA
-----------

Doodle MAX

Post by Helen » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,
  I also received a DoodleMAX prize! Thanks so much to Werni and the rest of
the group. I never win ANYTHING!!!
  But - can someone tell me how it works? I got it installed, but I'm having
trouble making it do anything except draw and redraw the same animal and shoe.
How do the buttons work? And what about the message about "restarting to reset
the GEOS.INI" (or something like that...) Sorry if I seem dense, but.......
  Oh, well, many thanks in advance for whatever help I know I'll receive.
Everyone here is so considerate (usually) ;-))
  Helene in Tampa
PS And THANKS again to the GEOS OPTIMUS CREW - you guys are great!!!!!!

Doodle MAX

Post by Ray Gree » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Congratulations Helene. I never win anything either so it was a pleasant
surprise.

To be able to draw with Doodle MAX the Ink module in Preferences needs to be
turned on. When you start Doodle MAX it automatically turns this on in
geos.ini, but you need to reboot NDO for it to have any effect. Select 'OK' on
the first dialog box, then exit Doodle MAX.  Select 'No' when it asks whether
to reset geos.ini and then reboot NDO.
When it restarts you will be able to draw with Doodle MAX.

Alternatively, you can set the Ink module to 'On' in Preferences before you
start Doodle MAX and NDO will reboot automatically, then you can draw in
Doodle MAX right away.

Apparently if you leave Ink turned on, it can cause problems with other
applications, so it would probably pay to turn it off after using Doodle MAX.
You can do this by selecting 'Yes' when you exit Doodle MAX and get the dialog
box asking whether you want to reset geos.ini. You then have to reboot NDO.

It's a pity this is so awkward, perhaps there will be a way around it one day.

Does anyone have any details on the problems the Ink module can cause if left
on?

Ray Greene.

>Hi All,
>  I also received a DoodleMAX prize! Thanks so much to Werni and the rest of
>the group. I never win ANYTHING!!!
>  But - can someone tell me how it works? I got it installed, but I'm having
>trouble making it do anything except draw and redraw the same animal and shoe.
>How do the buttons work? And what about the message about "restarting to reset
>the GEOS.INI" (or something like that...) Sorry if I seem dense, but.......
>  Oh, well, many thanks in advance for whatever help I know I'll receive.
>Everyone here is so considerate (usually) ;-))
>  Helene in Tampa
>PS And THANKS again to the GEOS OPTIMUS CREW - you guys are great!!!!!!

Doodle MAX

Post by ND Ma » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone have any details on the problems the Ink module can cause if left

>on?

There might be other "problems" -- but the ones I know about are that
every text entry field expands in size to make writing easier, which results
in some dialog boxes no longer fitting on the screen, especially in low
resolution video modes. And when using the spreadsheet, the focus does
not automatically go to the Entry Bar, but has to be placed there by clicking
the mouse or pressing CTRL+Spacebar for each cell.

Steve

Doodle MAX

Post by Ronald W. Fry » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> It was kinda nice to get both Doodle MAX and ZipManager this week.
> Maybe NDO 3.0 will arrive next week...

> Ray Greene.

Where does one obtain Doodle Max and Zip Manager?

--
Sincerely,

Ronald W. Frye
Danville Stake Webmaster

Stake's Web Page:  http://www.danvillestake.org/
Frye's Web Page:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/8522/

Doodle MAX

Post by Clemens » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

The code for the required corrections to preserve the integrity of single line
text objects has been available to those in charge for a year and a half.  Once
the corrections are done in the text library of the operating system, the
cumbersome ink setting procedure in DoodleMax and similar programs will not
longer be necessary.

Kids understand pretty well the functionality of the buttons.  They are the
experts to ask.

I suppose making DoodleMax documents available for download is not such a great
idea since there are only about 20 licensed DoodleMax users world-wide.  If you
want to display results, you would reach a wider audience through a display on
the internet.

DoodleMax, a prize winning FuzzyLogic entry in the Swiss programming contest,
is available from GOCE, GUSS and GUC at whatever prices they charge.  The
preference module is available only from the Open Beta page at
www2.sysnet.net/~jupiterweb, free of charge.

Clemens

Doodle MAX

Post by Ray Gree » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Lucky old me, I won Doodle MAX in the GOCE lottery. You can get a demo version
from FuzzyLogic at www2.sysnet.net/~jupiterweb/share.html

ZipManager is available from GOCE at www.geoscreweurope.ch

Ray Greene.

Quote:

Post by Helen » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Date: Mon, Nov 2, 1998 00:32 EST
>To be able to draw with Doodle MAX the Ink module in Preferences needs to be
>turned on. When you start Doodle MAX it automatically turns this on in
>geos.ini, but you need to reboot NDO for it to have any effect. Select 'OK' on
>the first dialog box, then exit Doodle MAX.  Select 'No' when it asks whether

>to reset geos.ini and then reboot NDO.
>When it restarts you will be able to draw with Doodle MAX.

>Alternatively, you can set the Ink module to 'On' in Preferences before you
>start Doodle MAX and NDO will reboot automatically, then you can draw in
>Doodle MAX right away.

Rae - thanks for your help! I've got it working now. Actually, what happened is
that I never unzipped the Ink Module! <DUH> It's kind of neat. Wish I knew what
all those buttons were supposed to do. I think I figured out the round ones on
the left (make the lines wider), but not too sure about the square ones on the
left. Looks like they have something to do with the frequency of the color
changes, maybe? Oh, well, it's a fun little program anyway.
 Again, thanks to Werni and Crew! And to ALL the helpful folks
here.......Regards, Helene

1. Last Days WIN a Doodle MAX

Hello Geos / NewDeal Friends

Last Days for Wining a Doodle MAX

Lotterie 16 - 31 October 98
20 X Doodle Max by FuzzyLogic
Lotterie 1 - 15 November 98
20 X Jupiter  QB by FuzzyLogic

SPONSOR by Geos Crew Europe

http://www.geoscreweurope.ch/guest/
http://www.GeosCrewEurope.ch

Best Regards Werni G + The GEOS Communications Crew
Copyright GEOS Crew Europe ? 1998 All rights reserved.

2. Mask Control

3. WIN a Doodle MAX

4. FS: 3 Apple II GS

5. how to play "Yankee Doodle Dandy " by Walley Michaels

6. FS: hard/soft/books

7. Sure Shot Placement: .NET Developer @ Cary, NC // Rate: 40-42/hr (MAX MAX)

8. Word and excel open as separate windows

9. Immediate Start: .NET Developer @ Cary, NC // Rate: 40-42/hr (MAX MAX)

10. How to display cell Location of the max [and not the value of max]

11. Max Vacuum and Party Max

12. How to use max() to plot where in the plot max is located ?

13. MAX(column1),MAX(column2),...