geos 1.x and geoworks

Post by dosma » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:26:50

this website has geos1.x and geoworks for download
just thought some one should see.

geos 1.x and geoworks

Post by Bob » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:05:55

what website?

Quote:> this website has geos1.x and geoworks for download
> just thought some one should see.

geos 1.x and geoworks

Post by dosma » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:48:35

www.the-underdogs.org is the web site

1. Geoworks and GEOS

The end is nearing and it seems as though Geoworks will retain its legacy
software, because they can not find a suitable buyer at the price they seek.
There is intelectual property bound to GEOS as well as other legacy
software. I have said, in the past, that Geoworks will wait for a
substantial buyer and is not interested in a small company. They want a big
player and will hold out until they get one.

Here is the the PROXY statement, which explains Geoworks' plans:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/922285/000116923202002361/d523...
4-a.txt

"OUR INABILITY TO SELL THE AIRBOSS APPLICATION PLATFORM AND OUR LEGACY GEOS
AND
GEOS-SC OPERATING SYSTEMS AND VARIOUS PATENTS COULD HARM OUR BUSINESS.

Although we have been able to sell certain patents since our reorganization
was
announced in January 2002, we continue to explore the sale of other
non-strategic assets.........."

2. MPC860 Diab compiler challenge du jour

3. GEOS, ND, GeoWorks, Etc.

4. Where's my DRIVESPACE?

5. GEOS STOCKS was Re: Do these people have faith in Geoworks???

6. Feature Cards

7. is there a new version of Geos/Geoworks for the PC?

8. parser error: ambiguous match found

9. Geoworks totally done with Geos?

10. GeoWorks Pro & GEOS.INI

11. Geoworks Escape for Geoworks 1.x

12. GeoWorks and GeoWorks Pro

13. Geoworks desktop 2.0 vs geoworks ensemble 2.0