: Upgrading Nokia 9110 GeOS

Post by Florian-Daniel Ote » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

[Sorry for this repost but the sender address in previous mail was
incorrect]

Hello all,

I am a new owner of a Nokia 9110 but there's only one thing that stops
me for being a `happy` owner. Seems that the language cannot be set and
i got stuck w/ a unit presenting me the menus & all in the local
language (swedish in my case) instead of international english.

As I am "do it yourself" type of person I would like to ask if it's
possible to "upgrade" the GeOS in the unit i.e. replace it with an
english version. I know, the keyboad mappings might get a little screwed
due to key re-mappings but I wouldn't mind.

If this is not possible (please say so if the case) I have to return the
unit to the reseller for replacement (I'm not doing it right away as is
an off-city company with veeery long turn-around times)

Please reply as soon as possible.

Many, many thanks,

Florian.

P.S: Please Cc: me in the replies as i'm not regulary reading USENET
news

: Upgrading Nokia 9110 GeOS

Post by Dan Elgaar » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

It cannot be done!

Dan Elgaard
http://www.yaws.dk/communicator
SMS welcome too, as well as fax.
SMS: +45  40 71 31 86
FAX:  +45  40 72 31 84

Quote:> [Sorry for this repost but the sender address in previous mail was
> incorrect]

> Hello all,

> I am a new owner of a Nokia 9110 but there's only one thing that stops
> me for being a `happy` owner. Seems that the language cannot be set and
> i got stuck w/ a unit presenting me the menus & all in the local
> language (swedish in my case) instead of international english.

> As I am "do it yourself" type of person I would like to ask if it's
> possible to "upgrade" the GeOS in the unit i.e. replace it with an
> english version. I know, the keyboad mappings might get a little screwed
> due to key re-mappings but I wouldn't mind.

> If this is not possible (please say so if the case) I have to return the
> unit to the reseller for replacement (I'm not doing it right away as is
> an off-city company with veeery long turn-around times)

> Please reply as soon as possible.

> Many, many thanks,

> Florian.

> P.S: Please Cc: me in the replies as i'm not regulary reading USENET
> news

1. Upgrading Nokia 9110 GeOS

[...]

2. FS98 -MP - 2 IP's ?

3. GeOS SDK for Nokia 9110

4. Apple IIgs

5. ssh (SecureSHell) for nokia 9110 communicator (geos)

6. printing labels from windows 98

7. Which GEOS programs can I install/use on my nokia 9110?

8. CBM Lease Program

9. Which GEOS programs may I use on my nokia 9110?

10. spreadsheet appl. for nokia 9110 communicator

11. Data export from Nokia 9110

12. NOKIA 9110 SDK:do you want it?

13. Newbie: The Nokia 9000/9110 SDK