Gonzo beta available!

Post by Rainer Bettstell » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:52:14

Hi,

there is a new program available at my homepage! It's called Gonzo,
the ultimative graphics viewer: very fast and clear. Currently
supported formats are:
- GEOS Backgrond files (Thanks to Marcus Groeber for help)
- GIF, including animated GIF
- ICO
- RLE (run length encoded BMP's)
- DIB
- BMP, including compressed bitmaps (not supported by the Media
Viewer), 24 Bit bitmaps (not supported by the standard import/export
filters) and 30 Bit bitmaps (not supported by any other GEOS program)
- PCX, including 24Bit files, not supported by any other GEOS program

The current version is the beta 0.9 and i'm interested in _any_
feedback. If you find any files, which are not displayed correctly,
please sent it to me, if possible.
The beta is still in German, but intuitive to use (i hope). The final
version will come up in english too. It will be shareware.

Some other features are:
Full view mode, Slide show mode, copy to clipboard, export to files
(using the system export feature), single step mode for animations,
file operations (rename, copy, move files) and more.
Addition of new file formats simply requires the addition of a new
plugin library.

---------------------------
Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive
fractals using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but
esay to use and if i recive at least ten requests for translation, i
will translate it ;-)
---------------------------

Rainer
www.rbettsteller.de

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Byron Collin » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 10:41:45

> Hi,

> there is a new program available at my homepage! It's called Gonzo,
> the ultimative graphics viewer: very fast and clear. Currently
> supported formats are:
> - GEOS Backgrond files (Thanks to Marcus Groeber for help)
> - GIF, including animated GIF
> - ICO
> - RLE (run length encoded BMP's)
> - DIB
> - BMP, including compressed bitmaps (not supported by the Media
> Viewer), 24 Bit bitmaps (not supported by the standard import/export
> filters) and 30 Bit bitmaps (not supported by any other GEOS program)
> - PCX, including 24Bit files, not supported by any other GEOS program

> The current version is the beta 0.9 and i'm interested in _any_
> feedback. If you find any files, which are not displayed correctly,
> please sent it to me, if possible.
> The beta is still in German, but intuitive to use (i hope). The final
> version will come up in english too. It will be shareware.

> Some other features are:
> Full view mode, Slide show mode, copy to clipboard, export to files
> (using the system export feature), single step mode for animations,
> file operations (rename, copy, move files) and more.
> Addition of new file formats simply requires the addition of a new
> plugin library.

> ---------------------------
> Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive
> fractals using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but
> esay to use and if i recive at least ten requests for translation, i
> will translate it ;-)
> ---------------------------

> Rainer
> www.rbettsteller.de

Hi Rainer,
Looks like an interesting program; I just DL and
installed "Gonzo" on my NewDeal 2000. Can't figure
out how to use it yet, but I'll play around with it for a while.
Can this program abilities be some how included
in a future Bindery? I mean will folks be able to some day,
import a animated gif image in a Bindery eBook?

Just a mouth watering idea ;-)

Regards,
Byron Collins

---
Byron's Emporium - Cool eBooks for PDA's
ENJOYOUREAD Production
http://home.clarksville.com/~bcollins/index.htm
---

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Philippe Dallemagn » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:14:56

Hi Rainer,

very nice tool, as you said very intuitive. And very effective. Thank
you, I like it very much.
Of course, I would like to have JPEG support.
Another goodie would be to display the current picture in its full size
or resized to the screen size (while retaining the aspect ratio) in an
independent window, as it was done in the good old Windows-based
Picaview.

Congratulation.

Philippe.

PS : where is the fractal tool ? Apart the funny drawings made by my
son, I can't find anything resembling to a fractal. I am probably too
asleep today...

> Hi,

> there is a new program available at my homepage! It's called Gonzo,
> the ultimative graphics viewer: very fast and clear. Currently
> supported formats are:
> - GEOS Backgrond files (Thanks to Marcus Groeber for help)
> - GIF, including animated GIF
> - ICO
> - RLE (run length encoded BMP's)
> - DIB
> - BMP, including compressed bitmaps (not supported by the Media
> Viewer), 24 Bit bitmaps (not supported by the standard import/export
> filters) and 30 Bit bitmaps (not supported by any other GEOS program)
> - PCX, including 24Bit files, not supported by any other GEOS program

> The current version is the beta 0.9 and i'm interested in _any_
> feedback. If you find any files, which are not displayed correctly,
> please sent it to me, if possible.
> The beta is still in German, but intuitive to use (i hope). The final
> version will come up in english too. It will be shareware.

> Some other features are:
> Full view mode, Slide show mode, copy to clipboard, export to files
> (using the system export feature), single step mode for animations,
> file operations (rename, copy, move files) and more.
> Addition of new file formats simply requires the addition of a new
> plugin library.

> ---------------------------
> Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive
> fractals using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but
> esay to use and if i recive at least ten requests for translation, i
> will translate it ;-)
> ---------------------------

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Douglas A. Tayl » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:23:28

>Hi Rainer,
>Looks like an interesting program; I just DL and
>installed "Gonzo" on my NewDeal 2000. Can't figure
>out how to use it yet, but I'll play around with it for a while.
>Can this program abilities be some how included
>in a future Bindery? I mean will folks be able to some day,
>import a animated gif image in a Bindery eBook?

Does anyone even have the source to Bindery?  Just wondering -- I ran
into a really weird problem recently when I tried to create an e-book
that had a fair number of inline JPG images.  Hyperlinks worked OK, but
   Doug Taylor                         |   Nothing real can be threatened.
   The Ohio State University           |   Nothing unreal exists.

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Douglas A. Tayl » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:24:10

>---------------------------
>Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive
>fractals using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but
>esay to use and if i recive at least ten requests for translation, i
>will translate it ;-)
>---------------------------

OK, here's request # 1.

--

Post by Ray Kopczyns » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 09:29:39

<< Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive fractals
using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but esay to use and if i
recive at least ten requests for translation, i will translate it ;-) >>

I've always enjoyed Mandelbrots, etc.  :-)  Count this as a vote...

Ray

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Helene Franze » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:45:24

>here is a new program available at my homepage! It's called Gonzo,
>the ultimative graphics viewer: very fast and clear. Currently
>supported formats are:

Hej.

Very nice program indeed. Fast, easy.
Only lacks jpg.

Mvh Helene

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Edward Ni » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 02:37:17

Very nice Rainer.

Put a price on it so we can give you more support!

Edward Nijs

>Hi,

>there is a new program available at my homepage! It's called Gonzo,
>the ultimative graphics viewer: very fast and clear. Currently
>supported formats are:
>- GEOS Backgrond files (Thanks to Marcus Groeber for help)
>- GIF, including animated GIF
>- ICO
>- RLE (run length encoded BMP's)
>- DIB
>- BMP, including compressed bitmaps (not supported by the Media
>Viewer), 24 Bit bitmaps (not supported by the standard import/export
>filters) and 30 Bit bitmaps (not supported by any other GEOS program)
>- PCX, including 24Bit files, not supported by any other GEOS program

>The current version is the beta 0.9 and i'm interested in _any_
>feedback. If you find any files, which are not displayed correctly,
>please sent it to me, if possible.
>The beta is still in German, but intuitive to use (i hope). The final
>version will come up in english too. It will be shareware.

>Some other features are:
>Full view mode, Slide show mode, copy to clipboard, export to files
>(using the system export feature), single step mode for animations,
>file operations (rename, copy, move files) and more.
>Addition of new file formats simply requires the addition of a new
>plugin library.

>---------------------------
>Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive
>fractals using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but
>esay to use and if i recive at least ten requests for translation, i
>will translate it ;-)
>---------------------------

>Rainer
>www.rbettsteller.de

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Bob » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:59:09

Why not at least send beer & chocolate Ed. : - )

--
Peace,

Bob : - )

> Very nice Rainer.

> Put a price on it so we can give you more support!

> Edward Nijs

> >Hi,

> >there is a new program available at my homepage! It's called Gonzo,
> >the ultimative graphics viewer: very fast and clear. Currently
> >supported formats are:
> >- GEOS Backgrond files (Thanks to Marcus Groeber for help)
> >- GIF, including animated GIF
> >- ICO
> >- RLE (run length encoded BMP's)
> >- DIB
> >- BMP, including compressed bitmaps (not supported by the Media
> >Viewer), 24 Bit bitmaps (not supported by the standard import/export
> >filters) and 30 Bit bitmaps (not supported by any other GEOS program)
> >- PCX, including 24Bit files, not supported by any other GEOS program

> >The current version is the beta 0.9 and i'm interested in _any_
> >feedback. If you find any files, which are not displayed correctly,
> >please sent it to me, if possible.
> >The beta is still in German, but intuitive to use (i hope). The final
> >version will come up in english too. It will be shareware.

> >Some other features are:
> >Full view mode, Slide show mode, copy to clipboard, export to files
> >(using the system export feature), single step mode for animations,
> >file operations (rename, copy, move files) and more.
> >Addition of new file formats simply requires the addition of a new
> >plugin library.

> >---------------------------
> >Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive
> >fractals using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but
> >esay to use and if i recive at least ten requests for translation, i
> >will translate it ;-)
> >---------------------------

> >Rainer
> >www.rbettsteller.de

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Edward Ni » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 06:15:17

Hi Bob,

Is Rainer also a member of the infamous GBCA?
 (Geos Beer and Chocolate *s)
My brother-in-law received for his 25th wedding anniversary a pair of
very nice shaped chocolate *s. He was in heaven!

Edward Nijs

>Why not at least send beer & chocolate Ed. : - )

>--
>Peace,

>Bob : - )

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Bob » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 06:28:57

Quote:> Hi Bob,

> Is Rainer also a member of the infamous GBCA?
>  (Geos Beer and Chocolate *s)
> My brother-in-law received for his 25th wedding anniversary a pair of
> very nice shaped chocolate *s. He was in heaven!

> Edward Nijs

LOL!!! It's hard to go wrong with *s. Chocolate, or otherwise. ;) Cute
little thingies they are.

--
Peace,

Bob : - )

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Hans Lindgre » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:05:47

Hi Bob,

It is like sending, mashmellows and Schlitz to you ;-)
No, pure simple dough will be better (read:MONEY!)

20 Euros?!

- Hans

Bob skrev:

> Why not at least send beer & chocolate Ed. : - )

> --
> Peace,

> Bob : - )

> > Very nice Rainer.

> > Put a price on it so we can give you more support!

> > Edward Nijs

> > >Hi,

> > >there is a new program available at my homepage! It's called Gonzo,
> > >the ultimative graphics viewer: very fast and clear. Currently
> > >supported formats are:
> > >- GEOS Backgrond files (Thanks to Marcus Groeber for help)
> > >- GIF, including animated GIF
> > >- ICO
> > >- RLE (run length encoded BMP's)
> > >- DIB
> > >- BMP, including compressed bitmaps (not supported by the Media
> > >Viewer), 24 Bit bitmaps (not supported by the standard import/export
> > >filters) and 30 Bit bitmaps (not supported by any other GEOS program)
> > >- PCX, including 24Bit files, not supported by any other GEOS program

> > >The current version is the beta 0.9 and i'm interested in _any_
> > >feedback. If you find any files, which are not displayed correctly,
> > >please sent it to me, if possible.
> > >The beta is still in German, but intuitive to use (i hope). The final
> > >version will come up in english too. It will be shareware.

> > >Some other features are:
> > >Full view mode, Slide show mode, copy to clipboard, export to files
> > >(using the system export feature), single step mode for animations,
> > >file operations (rename, copy, move files) and more.
> > >Addition of new file formats simply requires the addition of a new
> > >plugin library.

> > >---------------------------
> > >Additionally, there is a little new program to create recursive
> > >fractals using the binary tree algorithm. It's still in german, but
> > >esay to use and if i recive at least ten requests for translation, i
> > >will translate it ;-)
> > >---------------------------

> > >Rainer
> > >www.rbettsteller.de

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Hans Lindgre » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:08:02

Hi Bob,

You malechauvinist pig ;-)

-Hans

PS. I apologize for my drastic humor, but you know, you have been targeted
before! DS

Bob skrev:

> > Hi Bob,

> > Is Rainer also a member of the infamous GBCA?
> >  (Geos Beer and Chocolate *s)
> > My brother-in-law received for his 25th wedding anniversary a pair of
> > very nice shaped chocolate *s. He was in heaven!

> > Edward Nijs

> LOL!!! It's hard to go wrong with *s. Chocolate, or otherwise. ;) Cute
> little thingies they are.

> --
> Peace,

> Bob : - )

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Hans Lindgre » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:12:01

Hi,
Of course there was a typo, it always is when I am up in speed,

It should read:

You malchauvinist chocolate pig ;-)

Well, now I better run as I can feel how Bob is pointing a chocolate AK-47
towards me with the bon-bon bullits loaded.

- Hans

Hans Lindgren skrev:

> Hi Bob,

> You malechauvinist pig ;-)

> -Hans

> PS. I apologize for my drastic humor, but you know, you have been targeted
> before! DS

> Bob skrev:

> > > Hi Bob,

> > > Is Rainer also a member of the infamous GBCA?
> > >  (Geos Beer and Chocolate *s)
> > > My brother-in-law received for his 25th wedding anniversary a pair of
> > > very nice shaped chocolate *s. He was in heaven!

> > > Edward Nijs

> > LOL!!! It's hard to go wrong with *s. Chocolate, or otherwise. ;) Cute
> > little thingies they are.

> > --
> > Peace,

> > Bob : - )

Gonzo beta available!

Post by Bob » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:12:07

Quote:> Hi Bob,

> You malechauvinist pig ;-)

> -Hans

> PS. I apologize for my drastic humor, but you know, you have been targeted
> before! DS

hehehehe...yes, I have haven't I? = : - 0

--
Peace,

Bob : - )