Need some help with GEOS and Win XP problem.

Need some help with GEOS and Win XP problem.

Post by C BLANK » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 15:56:56

I have recieved an email from someone having a problem with GEOS and XP. I
don't use XP, so who can answer his question for him? Thanks in advance.

"Hi I was a long time GEOS/NDO user, but have had to migrate to Win XP. I was
able to run NDO under Win98, but can not seem to get it to work now. I have
many New Write files I would like to save. Can you help me?
Thanks
Alan"

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

Need some help with GEOS and Win XP problem.

Post by John Howar » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:26:23

Hi Chip,

Go to the downloads section of www.breadbox.com.  There you'll find a white
paper discussing how to get NDO2000/BBx Ensemble to run on WinXP.

There is also a fairly good discussion in the TvaKatter forum.

John ;-)

> I have recieved an email from someone having a problem with GEOS and XP. I
> don't use XP, so who can answer his question for him? Thanks in advance.

> "Hi I was a long time GEOS/NDO user, but have had to migrate to Win XP. I was
> able to run NDO under Win98, but can not seem to get it to work now. I have
> many New Write files I would like to save. Can you help me?
> Thanks
> Alan"

> Chip Blank
> GUI
> GeoGrafix

> The GEOS Users International website is at:
> http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

1. Need help w/ Epson 1650 and Win XP

I have just upgraded to Windows XP.  I have everything installed and running
fine but have not tried the scanner yet.  I understand that there are
problems with the 1650 and XP...so I have been scared to try.  I'm really
anal about doing stuff that will screw up a new OS install.  Can someone who
has recently installed the 1650 on XP give me a few tips.  Do I just plug in
the scanner USB and let it find the drivers?  Do I simply install the
software/drivers from the original CD that came w/ the scanner?  Do I get
something from Epson's web site that will work w/ XP.  I have been to the
web site and it wasn't clear.  I see that there is a new driver at:

http://support.epson.com/hardware/scanner/pr165_/index.html

but how does this fit in w/ the Smart Panel software.  Does the Smart Panel
get installed w/ the new drivers they have there for XP...or is that a
separate install. (that last question is the thing that I'm most confused
about)  I like the copy button that automatically scans and prints mimic a
photocopier.

I GREATLY appreciate any help.

Bryan

2. Specters and the Duo

3. Need help in Win XP

4. Sony CDU77E problems

5. Win messenger Win XP <--CAM--> Msn Messenger Win 98

6. well, this is a newbie list...

7. Which is best Win 98, Win ME, Win 2k or XP

8. Making a copy of BIOS Memory..

9. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

10. Win 98 / Geos help !

11. Need help with a problem: system won't recognize cd drivers

12. problem:need help:Attribute settings of font in MFC or Win API

13. Mustek CU Plus 1200 - Drivers won't install on Win XP Home