Living in the past

Post by Pat » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 04:56:33

Quote:> There you go again... Don't put words in my mouth! I use whatever software
> deem necessary to get the job done as I wish to do and/or are *required*
to do
> by higher ups.

Do the higher ups bound and*you to use Windows at work? ROTFL!

Look, sometime ago I posted a reply to Hans and I know he uses Windows at
work so I specifically addressed that. I referred to people who elect to use
Windows at home, for example, for use not related to work. In those cases,
you can make a statement and not use Windows at all. You have GEOS, you have
free Linux, and I'm sure that would be enough to get by. YOU DON'T NEED
WINDOWS TO DO OFFICE APPS OR SURF THE NET. Agreed?

Living in the past

Post by Hans Lindgre » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 06:52:26

correction: I don't use Windows at work........I service Windows systems
of any kind or size, help and guide windows users.......

> > There you go again... Don't put words in my mouth! I use whatever software
> > deem necessary to get the job done as I wish to do and/or are *required*
> to do
> > by higher ups.

> Do the higher ups bound and*you to use Windows at work? ROTFL!

> Look, sometime ago I posted a reply to Hans and I know he uses Windows
at
> work so I specifically addressed that. I referred to people who elect
to use
> Windows at home, for example, for use not related to work. In those cases,
> you can make a statement and not use Windows at all. You have GEOS, you
have
> free Linux, and I'm sure that would be enough to get by. YOU DON'T NEED
> WINDOWS TO DO OFFICE APPS OR SURF THE NET. Agreed?

Living in the past

Post by Pat » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 05:47:59

Corection: You use Windows because IT IS part of your job. That's no
difference big difference between that and someone who does not like
Windows, has Linux at home, yet uses Windows to do accounting or billing,
for example. You use Windows to size, help, and Guide <Big Gulp> Windows
users.

> correction: I don't use Windows at work........I service Windows systems
> of any kind or size, help and guide windows users.......

> > > There you go again... Don't put words in my mouth! I use whatever
software
> > > deem necessary to get the job done as I wish to do and/or are
*required*
> > to do
> > > by higher ups.

> > Do the higher ups bound and*you to use Windows at work? ROTFL!

> > Look, sometime ago I posted a reply to Hans and I know he uses Windows
> at
> > work so I specifically addressed that. I referred to people who elect
> to use
> > Windows at home, for example, for use not related to work. In those
cases,
> > you can make a statement and not use Windows at all. You have GEOS, you
> have
> > free Linux, and I'm sure that would be enough to get by. YOU DON'T NEED
> > WINDOWS TO DO OFFICE APPS OR SURF THE NET. Agreed?

Living in the past

Post by Hans Lindgre » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 07:27:50

Well, I did not say that dislike Windows, that is your conclusion. What
I did say is that I service Windows installations, and therefore I don't
"use" it in my work. I don't recall installing services, softwares, adding
mailaccounts, doing software and hardware maintenance as something a normal
Windows user does when using a system, in this case Windows. I would probably
use Windows if I was a helpdesk support, but now I am not. However, I use
Windows at home, just like I use GEOS, too.

Hans

Newsgroups: it.cultura.single
Subject: Re: ci un dubbio....
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:25:29 +0200

Quote:>col primo ci posso ridere e tromb, e

..  e  quindi  prima  o poi  finisce

Quote:> coll'altro ci posso parl e progett.

?
Si pu  progettare  di  aprire  un convento, si pu...
E poi parlare , parlare , parlare , parlare , parlare , parlare ,
parlare , parlare , ..
Alla  fine  finisce pure  quella  storia .

Quote:>> ... ke scelgo?

bohhhhhh?????? E spostare  l'attenzione   su qualcos'altro  che li
distingue ? Che ne so .. la  butto l.. 'na  cavolata  ;-) : ..il
cuore ?

Luisa

Living in the past

Post by Bob » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 07:40:19

Quote:> I don't recall installing services, softwares, adding
> mailaccounts, doing software and hardware maintenance as something a
normal
> Windows user does when using a system, in this case Windows.
> Hans

A normal Windows user easily does these routine tasks. They easily install
"softwares", they easily setup and configure mail accounts. I'm not really
sure what you refer to as:
"hardware maintenance", or  "installing services", so I can't comment until
I know.

Living in the past

Post by Pat » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:19:27

Ok, I'm officially confused. You're say you're not a user, in the sense that
you run Windows apps at work every day like most users of Windows, but you
"service Windows installs".

Question: Do your fingers press keys on a PC keyboard and, as a result, do
Windows screens appear and disappear as you perform these functions? Is it
part of your job to do that every work day?

> Well, I did not say that dislike Windows, that is your conclusion. What
> I did say is that I service Windows installations, and therefore I don't
> "use" it in my work. I don't recall installing services, softwares, adding
> mailaccounts, doing software and hardware maintenance as something a
normal
> Windows user does when using a system, in this case Windows. I would
probably
> use Windows if I was a helpdesk support, but now I am not. However, I use
> Windows at home, just like I use GEOS, too.

> Hans

> > Corection: You use Windows because IT IS part of your job. That's no
> > difference big difference between that and someone who does not like
> > Windows, has Linux at home, yet uses Windows to do accounting or
billing,
> > for example. You use Windows to size, help, and Guide <Big Gulp> Windows
> > users.

> > > correction: I don't use Windows at work........I service Windows
systems
> > > of any kind or size, help and guide windows users.......

> > software
> > *required*

Windows
> > > at
> > > to use
> > cases,
> you
> > > have
> NEED

Living in the past

Post by Kenj » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:51:08

Some asses are wise, others are dumb..... then there are those who are just
plain!!!

Kenj

Living in the past

Post by Bob » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 05:44:28

Which are you?

Quote:> Some asses are wise, others are dumb..... then there are those who are
just
> plain!!!

> Kenj

Living in the past

Post by Kenj » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:11:24

> Which are you?

I'm happy to report that I've worn all three hats at some point in my life
;-)

Kenj

Living in the past

Post by Bob » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:06:47

> > Which are you?

> I'm happy to report that I've worn all three hats at some point in my life
> ;-)

> Kenj

You and everyone else ;)

Living in the past

I think I know what hat you have on right now. LOL!