Alltype, anyone?

Post by Tis » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I know a long time ago people were looking for the font conversion, Alltype -
although I haven't seen any posts about it lately.

Anyway, I have a copy of it that I never seem to use so thought I would see if
anyone would be interested in taking it off my hands.

5-/14" diskette (although if you don't have the capability to read a 5-1/4" I
could copy to 3-1/4" diskette and send you both) and manual.

I bought a ton of fonts from Rainbow Software (based in Oregon City, OR - but
don't know if it's still active) and that seems to cover all my font needs.

New Deal is still the best, isn't it?

Julee

Alltype, anyone?

***Subject: Re: Alltype, anyone?

Date: Mon, Oct 26, 1998 18:11 EST

I used to work for ATECH when that was released.  I lost my copy and have been
looking for a replacement with little success.  I need it for my work album
:).  How much are you looking on getting for it??

John Hough
***

Good Luck! This is primo software for Geos/NewDeal users. Unless someone has
more than one copy, I can't imagine anyone parting with theirs.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

Alltype, anyone?

Post by PWsoftwa » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

It's already been sold.. It went real fast of course.. I didn't even have a
chance to breath once before it was gone.  :-(

-Garrett

1. Using Atech Alltype

Convert the fonts individually - and don't go by the on screen appearence. The
screen fonts are often deceiving.

Alltype is not the best at creating other faces from "normal" fonts, and you
should play around with the setting if you create italics or bolds from normal
fonts, rather than accept what Alltype gives you for the variations. But,
honestly, you are still better off directly converting exisiting faces rather
than creating variations - kerning usually stinks on converted variations.

(I can't believe that I am still using a program I bought in 1992 or 3, but I
am - mostly for variations on Truetype fonts for use in that format, and once
in a while for ATM fonts to hand off to a Mac....)

          -=>epm<=-

     In matters of truth and justice,
     there is no difference between large and small problems,
     for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
                                          - Albert Einstein

2. How to control TCP/IP window size?

3. Error -23005 in LHTTPConnection

4. x10 FireCracker "Fuse" software, anyone, anyone?

5. Using System Time as File Name

6. Cube Route (anyone, anyone?) - OD's needed

7. win2kpro, how can i use it as PDC?

8. So what cards were available for the Cube? Anyone? Anyone?

9. Dongles in Classic Apps? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

10. dw_Find ? Anyone? Anyone.....

11. IRC Sunday 3pm, anyone, anyone? (was Re: [i] Windows 95 for Kids (was: Roland goes somewhere else))