CDs in cereal boxes???

Post by hyubs » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:11:04

how about this!

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:> CDs in soft drink cup caps

> [...]

> In all, 4.8 million of the CDs promoting Farris will be distributed in a monthlong campaign that began Friday, dolling up -- or cluttering, depending on your perspective -- drink containers at the Regal Entertainment Group's 530 theaters in 36 states and at two Universal Studios theme parks.

> (The straw fits through the hole in the middle of the disc.)

> The theaters will also show a three-minute video of Farris before movies.

> "The whole industry is in such a state of flux," said Bill Edwards, whose Big3 Records is financing the Farris promotion. "It's kind of a tough situation, especially for an independent label, to get music played, because we're vying against everyone else in the world."
> Interview, video also on mini-disc

> The marketing push by the St. Petersburg, Florida-based label is unusual for a new artist.

> "We know it's a gamble, but we think it's a very good gamble," Edwards said.

> LidRock, the company making the discs, pinned costs at several million dollars. The CDs have two of Farris' songs, lyrics, an interview and a video of the singer.

> Using such CDs to market musicians is fairly new, but its time has come, said Tena Clark, CEO of Pasadena-based Disc Marketing, which has designed enhanced CD marketing campaigns for companies like United Airlines, Coca-Cola and Victoria's Secret.

> Clark said she has received inquiries in recent weeks from both veteran and budding recording artists, but hasn't inked any deals yet.
> Used to promote contact lenses

> In the past, music stars have appeared on enhanced CDs mainly to sell a product, not to sell themselves, Clark said.

> For example, Clark said, contact lens maker Acuvue used an enhanced CD with exclusive footage and song mixes by Latin singer Enrique Iglesias.

> Pepsi used Colombian singer Shakira in an enhanced CD campaign in Spain and several Latin American countries, said Ellen Healy, director of sports and entertainment for Pepsi International. Some 2.5 million CDs were given away as prizes over the past 18 months.

> Clark said she had no knowledge of other promotional CDs coming with soda lids.
> Hoping for good reaction

> Edwards, who would not say how much Big3 paid for the unorthodox Farris promotion, said he was inspired in part by the Pepsi campaign.

> A photo of Farris covers the CD label though the disc also has commercial clips of "Stuck on You," a comedy starring Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear, and Universal Studios' theme park rides.

> Still, the push is focused on Farris.

> "I'm just hoping it will (get) a good reaction," she said in a phone interview last week before performing in Westbury, New York, with * boy group O-Town. "It's a totally new idea, and there's always risk involved."

> Though Farris said she was initially concerned about cutting into album sales if she gave away two songs, she figured the promotion could get fans "to want to hear the rest, hopefully."

CDs in cereal boxes???

Post by John Howar » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:40:35

LOL - saw it in my local paper this morning and immediately thought of you :-)

But I would point out the two parts (below) that are the most important from my
Breadbox point of view.  We don't happen to have "several million dollars"
available for a mass CD promotion, whether it be soda lids, cereal boxes, or
anything else.

John ;-)

> how about this!

[snip]

Quote:

>> LidRock, the company making the discs, pinned costs at several million
>> dollars. The CDs have two of Farris' songs, lyrics, an interview and a
>> video of the singer.

[snip]

Quote:

>> Edwards, who would not say how much Big3 paid for the unorthodox
>> Farris promotion, said he was inspired in part by the Pepsi campaign.

[snip]

CDs in cereal boxes???

Post by Bob » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:32:55

I'm AMAZED! A HUGE company like BBX hasn't a couple ,million chump change to
market its' product???? How can you then advanced to a 32-bit GEOS if you
don't have sock money like 2 million?

> LOL - saw it in my local paper this morning and immediately thought of you
:-)

> But I would point out the two parts (below) that are the most important
from my
> Breadbox point of view.  We don't happen to have "several million dollars"
> available for a mass CD promotion, whether it be soda lids, cereal boxes,
or
> anything else.

> John ;-)

> > how about this!

> [snip]

> >> LidRock, the company making the discs, pinned costs at several million
> >> dollars. The CDs have two of Farris' songs, lyrics, an interview and a
> >> video of the singer.

> [snip]

> >> Edwards, who would not say how much Big3 paid for the unorthodox
> >> Farris promotion, said he was inspired in part by the Pepsi campaign.

> [snip]

CDs in cereal boxes???

Post by Pat » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:52:11

Another winner, Hyubso. ROTFL!

Quote:> how about this!

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > CDs in soft drink cup caps

> > Tuesday, July 1, 2003 Posted: 10:26 AM EDT (1426 GMT)
> > Singer Rachel Farris sips from a cup whose lid contains a multimedia CD
of her music.
> > Singer Rachel Farris sips from a cup whose lid contains a multimedia CD
of her music.
> > Story Tools
> > Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a

link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com  Email a link to
this articleEmail a link to this article
Quote:> > Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this

article  View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of
the most popular articles on our site
Quote:

> > LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Pop singer Rachel Farris is far from a

household name, but a new spin on marketing could change that.
Quote:

> > Her independent record label is embedding mini-CDs in the lids of soft

drink cups at movie theaters nationwide and a few theme parks.
Quote:

> > Featuring not just a pair of songs that can be heard on regular CD

players but also video clips and other content viewable on computers, the
so-called enhanced CDs make TV and radio seem passe.
Quote:

> > In all, 4.8 million of the CDs promoting Farris will be distributed in a

monthlong campaign that began Friday, dolling up -- or cluttering, depending
on your perspective -- drink containers at the Regal Entertainment Group's
530 theaters in 36 states and at two Universal Studios theme parks.
Quote:

> > (The straw fits through the hole in the middle of the disc.)

> > The theaters will also show a three-minute video of Farris before
movies.

> > "The whole industry is in such a state of flux," said Bill Edwards,

whose Big3 Records is financing the Farris promotion. "It's kind of a tough
situation, especially for an independent label, to get music played, because
we're vying against everyone else in the world."
Quote:> > Interview, video also on mini-disc

> > The marketing push by the St. Petersburg, Florida-based label is unusual
for a new artist.

> > "We know it's a gamble, but we think it's a very good gamble," Edwards
said.

> > LidRock, the company making the discs, pinned costs at several million

dollars. The CDs have two of Farris' songs, lyrics, an interview and a video
of the singer.
Quote:

> > Using such CDs to market musicians is fairly new, but its time has come,

said Tena Clark, CEO of Pasadena-based Disc Marketing, which has designed
enhanced CD marketing campaigns for companies like United Airlines,
Coca-Cola and Victoria's Secret.
Quote:

> > Clark said she has received inquiries in recent weeks from both veteran

and budding recording artists, but hasn't inked any deals yet.
Quote:> > Used to promote contact lenses

> > In the past, music stars have appeared on enhanced CDs mainly to sell a

product, not to sell themselves, Clark said.
Quote:

> > For example, Clark said, contact lens maker Acuvue used an enhanced CD

with exclusive footage and song mixes by Latin singer Enrique Iglesias.
Quote:

> > Pepsi used Colombian singer Shakira in an enhanced CD campaign in Spain

and several Latin American countries, said Ellen Healy, director of sports
and entertainment for Pepsi International. Some 2.5 million CDs were given
away as prizes over the past 18 months.
Quote:

> > Clark said she had no knowledge of other promotional CDs coming with
soda lids.
> > Hoping for good reaction

> > Edwards, who would not say how much Big3 paid for the unorthodox Farris

promotion, said he was inspired in part by the Pepsi campaign.
Quote:

> > A photo of Farris covers the CD label though the disc also has

commercial clips of "Stuck on You," a comedy starring Matt Damon and Greg
Kinnear, and Universal Studios' theme park rides.
Quote:

> > Still, the push is focused on Farris.

> > "I'm just hoping it will (get) a good reaction," she said in a phone

interview last week before performing in Westbury, New York, with * boy
group O-Town. "It's a totally new idea, and there's always risk involved."
Quote:

> > Though Farris said she was initially concerned about cutting into album

sales if she gave away two songs, she figured the promotion could get fans
"to want to hear the rest, hopefully."

CDs in cereal boxes???

Post by hyubs » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:39:57

i only posted that because i thought it was funny where cds were showing
up these days.... soon you iwll fined them inside oa box of hefty trash
bags.

> LOL - saw it in my local paper this morning and immediately thought of
> you :-)

> But I would point out the two parts (below) that are the most important
> from my Breadbox point of view.  We don't happen to have "several
> million dollars" available for a mass CD promotion, whether it be soda
> lids, cereal boxes, or anything else.

> John ;-)

>> how about this!

> [snip]

>>> LidRock, the company making the discs, pinned costs at several
>>> million dollars. The CDs have two of Farris' songs, lyrics, an
>>> interview and a video of the singer.

> [snip]

>>> Edwards, who would not say how much Big3 paid for the unorthodox
>>> Farris promotion, said he was inspired in part by the Pepsi campaign.

> [snip]

1. CD-ROMs inside cereal boxes....

I visited two grocery stores today and guess what i saw!

Kellogg's Rice Krispies, Cocoa krispies, and one other  Kellogg cereal with
CDROMs right inside the boxes.

Further down the aisle there were General Mills cereal boxes with CDROMS and/or
Music CDs in them..   Wheat and Rice Chex Cereals, and Cocoa Puffs cereal.

And to think so many of those marketers of GEOS software said you could never
put cdroms inside cereal boxes..    and that GEOS could never hitchhike on a
cdrom stuffed in a cereal box.

OH well..

2. Immediate Need for Oracle EBS HRMS -- OH

3. Can X-Box read VCD or SVCD movies burned on CD-R/CD-RW

4. Computer account question....

5. Using dialog boxes in add-ins

6. Installing Softbench on a new installed Workstation with HPUX 10.0

7. CHECK BOXES - turning off ALL check boxes in a dialog box

8. Summary: Refs. to OO-UI design

9. glass box/clear box (white box) test definition

10. Custom video cd's and X-Box?

11. Mps to cd format to my box, it can be done but how??

12. x-box cd scratching