Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by James Lawri » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 14:27:41

Hello,

I can't seem to get NDO 3.2a running on my Windows Me laptop. After install
and during setup I keep getting the following error:

No valid font files found in USERDATA\FONT directory. (KR-29)

It ran fine on the same laptop and Windows 98SE, but I have to run Me for
the modem to work. (Compaq Presario)

Thanks,

Jim

Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by Hans Voge » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:38:16

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 05:27:41 GMT

> Hello,

> I can't seem to get NDO 3.2a running on my Windows Me laptop.
> After install and during setup I keep getting the following
> error:

> No valid font files found in USERDATA\FONT directory. (KR-29)

Hello Jim,

I don't have Win Me but had a similar error recently after Win 98
crashed for the ump*th time.

Somehow, the backup had set everything in the NDO directory and
its subdirectories to Read Only.

Maybe it helps if you have a look at the file attributes. If
they're set to R__A, just remove the "R" attribute.

Reg's,

Hans.
--

Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by Edward Nij » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:01:38

Hi James,

I have ME and in my Geos.INI under [SYSTEM] I had to put
  fs = ms4.geo

Maybe this helps?

Edward Nijs

Quote:> Hello,

> I can't seem to get NDO 3.2a running on my Windows Me laptop. After
install
> and during setup I keep getting the following error:

> No valid font files found in USERDATA\FONT directory. (KR-29)

> It ran fine on the same laptop and Windows 98SE, but I have to run Me for
> the modem to work. (Compaq Presario)

> Thanks,

> Jim

Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by Bob » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 22:06:56

Edit the GEOS.INI, (located in your NDO directory), and under the [system]
header change ContinueSetup = true to FALSE. You may also add fs = ms4.geo,
though this should be the default. Save, exit, then load NDO. You'll need to
go into the Preferences module to setup your video, mouse, etc.

Quote:> Hello,

> I can't seem to get NDO 3.2a running on my Windows Me laptop. After
install
> and during setup I keep getting the following error:

> No valid font files found in USERDATA\FONT directory. (KR-29)

> It ran fine on the same laptop and Windows 98SE, but I have to run Me for
> the modem to work. (Compaq Presario)

> Thanks,

> Jim

Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by James Lawri » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:01:10

Howdy,

Added "fs = ms4.geo" to the geos.ini file and now it works. Thanks for the
help.

Jim

Quote:> Hello,

> I can't seem to get NDO 3.2a running on my Windows Me laptop. After
install
> and during setup I keep getting the following error:

> No valid font files found in USERDATA\FONT directory. (KR-29)

> It ran fine on the same laptop and Windows 98SE, but I have to run Me for
> the modem to work. (Compaq Presario)

> Thanks,

> Jim

Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by Bob » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:13:47

Odd. IIRC the ms4.geo should be the default file system in rel. 3.2a.

> Howdy,

> Added "fs = ms4.geo" to the geos.ini file and now it works. Thanks for the
> help.

> Jim

> > Hello,

> > I can't seem to get NDO 3.2a running on my Windows Me laptop. After
> install
> > and during setup I keep getting the following error:

> > No valid font files found in USERDATA\FONT directory. (KR-29)

> > It ran fine on the same laptop and Windows 98SE, but I have to run Me
for
> > the modem to work. (Compaq Presario)

> > Thanks,

> > Jim

Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by James Lawri » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:20:42

Hello,

I think it was the result of crashing during the initial setup phase. As
soon as the splashscreen for NDO appeared it would crash with the KR-29
error.  On a side note I just looked at the geos.ini file from Ensemble Eval
download and it does specify "fs=ms4.geo". It did install correctly under
Windows Me without crashing.

Jim

> Odd. IIRC the ms4.geo should be the default file system in rel. 3.2a.

> > Howdy,

> > Added "fs = ms4.geo" to the geos.ini file and now it works. Thanks for
the
> > help.

> > Jim

> > > Hello,

> > > I can't seem to get NDO 3.2a running on my Windows Me laptop. After
> > install
> > > and during setup I keep getting the following error:

> > > No valid font files found in USERDATA\FONT directory. (KR-29)

> > > It ran fine on the same laptop and Windows 98SE, but I have to run Me
> for
> > > the modem to work. (Compaq Presario)

> > > Thanks,

> > > Jim

Problem with Windows Me and NDO 3.2a

Post by Bob » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:22:58

Right. IIRC there is a difference after setup completes for the 1st time,
then when loader runs after that. The "error" disappears if when setup is
complete, (again IIRC), you are prompted "if" you wish to start NDO. If you
answer no and then edit the geos.ini and change ContinueSetup to = false,
NDO runs OK. If not it seems to go in a loop of KR errors. As you say, " I
think it was the result of crashing during the initial setup phase. As
soon as the splashscreen for NDO appeared it would crash with the KR-29
error." And yes, the default file system in rel 3.2a was ms4.geo. I "think"
that goes back to Ensemble 2.0?

> Hello,

> I think it was the result of crashing during the initial setup phase. As
> soon as the splashscreen for NDO appeared it would crash with the KR-29
> error.  On a side note I just looked at the geos.ini file from Ensemble
Eval
> download and it does specify "fs=ms4.geo". It did install correctly under
> Windows Me without crashing.

> Jim

> > Odd. IIRC the ms4.geo should be the default file system in rel. 3.2a.

> > > Howdy,

> > > Added "fs = ms4.geo" to the geos.ini file and now it works. Thanks for
> the
> > > help.

> > > Jim

> > > install

Me
> > for

1. Need software for NDO 3.2a

Howdy,

I'm looking for GEOS software that allows the use of my SCSI scanner with
NDO. Also are there any native GEOS apps that can read and convert other
vector type images into the scrapbook ie. (WMF,WPG,etc..) without converting
to CGM first.

Additionally, also considering upgrading to Breadbox Ensemble soon, what do
others in this group think about it?  I've tried the lite version but it's
to restricted to get a true feeling for it.

Thanks,

Jim

2. unzDLL and zipDLL

3. pdf-files - NDO 3.2a

4. Cisco1603 and winproxy, IP-problems

5. NDO 3.2a Upgrade Disks

6. GUI builders and VxWorks

7. NDO 3.2a Upgrade

8. Unimplemented Keywords

9. NDO 3.2a upgrade patch and bonus

10. ndo 3.2a

11. For Roy Miller and other people who would like to buy NDO 3.2a

12. Etherodi and NDO 3.2a

13. Geoworks Pro apps & NDO 3.2a