IMPORTANT WARNING (This is not a hoax.)

Post by Holger La » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:45:19

Please read the message below. I did receive the e-mail mentioned
there and it looks like somebody is trying to infect a number of
people in this group with a worm virus.

Be careful!

Holger

*** quoted Mail ***

ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has detected virus-infected
attachment(s).

Sender = Jesper Klitsgaard

Subject = FW: Look at this pack from M$ Corporation.
Scanning Time = 04/10/2003 23:37:14
Engine/Pattern = 6.510-1002/510

Action on virus found:
The attachment Q221099.exe contains WORM_GIBE.B virus. ScanMail has
Moved
it.  The attachment was moved to
F:\ScanMailQuarantaene\Q2210993e95e40d1.exe_.

Eine an Sie gesendete Mail von Jesper Klitsgaard wurde aufgrund eines
Virenfundes vom MTASERVER abgewiesen.

*** end quote ***

IMPORTANT WARNING (This is not a hoax.)

Post by Bob » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:30:46

If you receive any email that "looks" like it is from Microsoft usually
stating "security update", or "patch" and it has an attachment, it IS a
VIRUS. Microsoft NEVER sends these via attachments! I can't believe anyone
would actually think otherwise and RUN the EXE!!! Yikes!

Post by Dean Dance » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:04:01

> If you receive any email that "looks" like it is from Microsoft usually
> stating "security update", or "patch" and it has an attachment, it IS a
> VIRUS. Microsoft NEVER sends these via attachments! I can't believe anyone
> would actually think otherwise and RUN the EXE!!! Yikes!

>>Please read the message below. I did receive the e-mail mentioned
>>there and it looks like somebody is trying to infect a number of
>>people in this group with a worm virus.

>>Be careful!

>>Holger

>>*** quoted Mail ***

>>ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has detected virus-infected
>>attachment(s).

>>Sender = Jesper Klitsgaard

>>Subject = FW: Look at this pack from M$ Corporation.
>>Scanning Time = 04/10/2003 23:37:14
>>Engine/Pattern = 6.510-1002/510

>>Action on virus found:
>>The attachment Q221099.exe contains WORM_GIBE.B virus. ScanMail has
>>Moved
>>it.  The attachment was moved to
>>F:\ScanMailQuarantaene\Q2210993e95e40d1.exe_.

>>Eine an Sie gesendete Mail von Jesper Klitsgaard wurde aufgrund eines
>>Virenfundes vom MTASERVER abgewiesen.

>>*** end quote ***

Hey Bob. You know stupidity is only limited by the power of the the
computer user....  ;-Deano

IMPORTANT WARNING (This is not a hoax.)

Post by Hans Voge » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:09:54

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:30:46 GMT

> If you receive any email that "looks" like it is from Microsoft usually
> stating "security update", or "patch" and it has an attachment, it IS a
> VIRUS. Microsoft NEVER sends these via attachments! I can't believe anyone
> would actually think otherwise and RUN the EXE!!! Yikes!

Where's the problem, anyway?

In this newsgroup, all the purists should employ the Geos newsreader for news
and NewMail for mail only, on a 16bit DOS based machine with no
Windows installed, of course ;-))

And for browsing, Skipper.

Hehehe.

Reg's,

Hans.

IMPORTANT WARNING (This is not a hoax.)

Post by Roger Bentso » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:37:11

The same day that you posted your warning, my virus checker notified me that
one of my emails contained a "worm" and recommened deleting it.
Fortunately, I had just downloaded the latest virus updates a few hours
before.  I'll have to check and see if my virus checker maintains a log and
see if its possible to tell if it is the same one you mentioned.  Nice to
know that the virus checker works. : )

Roger

Post by Holger La » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:23:42

>If you receive any email that "looks" like it is from Microsoft usually
>stating "security update", or "patch" and it has an attachment, it IS a
>VIRUS. Microsoft NEVER sends these via attachments! I can't believe anyone
>would actually think otherwise and RUN the EXE!!! Yikes!

Of course, but this was the first time I received a list of people who
got the same e-mail and I thought it might be a good idea to warn
them.

Holger

1. AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)

Oh wise and sage net.gurus (hey, a little sucking up never hurt),

        My Dad has one of those little internal FM cards for his PC.
He likes it, but really would rather have an AM card. Now, I kind of
understand why that would be difficult, but I know someone out there
will have the gory technical specs. But my Dad has a friend who SWORE
he saw one somewhere. So, if anyone knows about such a beast, I'd be
eternally grateful if you could e-mail me the details. Thanks!

                                         Cheers,

                                         Lee.
* Lee Vick            *         "Plan A - Senseless Violence."         *

* 713-274-2241  (US)  **************************************************
* Hardhead, Bitbanger, Daddy, Lover of Celtic folk & classic Brit cars *
* Standard disclaimer: TI as an organization is much too smart to      *
*                      to agree with anything I have to say.           *

2. Pilot >< Tasktimer

3. Why am I getting this warning "dataset may be incomplete" ?

4. Cant print to lpt 2 due to rawport

5. Degreed Software Deveopers-Important or Not?

6. Information about SSH

7. Not important... just testing my ISP

8. Another UltiMail Omission

9. Warning - Silverfast 5.5 NOT shipping for all scanners.

10. Warning do not buy another ink jet cartridges until you read this.

11. WARNING: kind of a console wars post, but not cross posted

12. Am I just crazy or are they not fighting

13. Warning - Ghost Recon may not work with Xbox Live!