OT: Interesting article (iraq situation)

OT: Interesting article (iraq situation)

Post by Bob » Fri, 02 May 2003 07:57:00

the saddest part is the USA doesn't really give a *about what "they",
(the rest of the world), thinks. we are so powerful that at this point in
time we can say F it to anyone. we are someday going to deeply regret it.
note to those not living here; there are millions of us American's that are
deeply ashamed of our ruthless actions. this is NOT what America is about,
nor what a free people do.

Quote:> I've read that article...

> knowing history makes it quite understandable that germans (and most
> european, speaking of the population) is so strongly against war...
> after tens of millions of dead...

> I recall what my mother commented on those days. She was a young girl, a
> kid actually back then. As some in this forum can conform I live very
> close to the border and back then towards the end of the war there were
> bombardments very often... the windows would tremble and if you looked
> out the window you could see flashes of bombs exploding.
> Yes i live in switzerland and switzerland was neutral (though making
> lot's of dough seemingly with nazi gold dealing with a bank run by a
> certain mr Bush, Grandpa of George W. which ultimately came up with the
> money for about 30% of the war goods germany consumed during the war) so
> Switzerland would be safe one would think... well, no. Basel was
> actually bombed twice by the Americans, tough luck.

> I just reject any idea of a aggressive war. Actually not only me but
> also international law, law above the law of any single nation. Which
> the US broke. Maybe worse to you Bush broke also domestic law in going
> to war but who will trial him? Shure there is a comfy spot free for him
> next wo Mr. Milosevic but I won't live the day this will happen :-).

OT: Interesting article (iraq situation)

Post by Jens-Michael Gros » Sat, 03 May 2003 03:49:00

Bob schrieb:

Quote:

> the saddest part is the USA doesn't really give a *about what "they",
> (the rest of the world), thinks. we are so powerful that at this point in
> time we can say F it to anyone. we are someday going to deeply regret it.

An interesting sentence I heard right yesterday in the TV series
'Stargate":
"Just because the USA is the most powerful country of this world, it
will be OUR people who will die first when these aliens attack earth"

(Said by Colonel O'Neill to an US senator who said "* these aliens,
we are so powerful, they will regret it")

Grossibaer

--
Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
they are not.

OT: Interesting article (iraq situation)

Post by Jens-Michael Gros » Sat, 03 May 2003 03:47:57

Quote:

Post by Dominique Voca » Sat, 03 May 2003 07:34:36

> the saddest part is the USA doesn't really give a *about what "they",
> (the rest of the world), thinks. we are so powerful that at this point in
> time we can say F it to anyone. we are someday going to deeply regret it.
> note to those not living here; there are millions of us American's that are
> deeply ashamed of our ruthless actions. this is NOT what America is about,
> nor what a free people do.

Um, let's just hope it won't get worse... I could quote some german guys
and the similarities are startling (of course there are still orders of
magnitude differentiating this situation of pre WWII germany) but even
this soft version of how historians describe the nazi regime is
frightening to many. Still, older people over here who witnessed the
change in German society leading up to WWII are reminded much to
strongly to the dark days and they are angry at and frightened of Bush.
I am confident however that it will never reach anyway near this level.
Ultimately what is in a way beneficial is that this accelerates the
reintegration of Russia into the heart of Europe (see the new planed
cooperation of France and Russia in military concerns and the reinforced
european security force which russia declared to want to cooperate).

Some articles to read...
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/