Data Export From GeoPlanner/Calendar

Post by Steve Evere » Fri, 23 May 2003 03:28:06

I need to get event data out of a GeoPlanner/Calendar VM file and
translate it into vCalandar/iCalendar format but there is currently no
built in way to do this (ie: no import/export function).

Does anyone know whether it is possible to write a NewBasic program
that would do this ? For example, is a NewBasic Database component
anything like the structure of a VM file in terms of fields, records,
etc ?

If this is possible, can anyone tell me what the field/record format
specs would be for a GeoPlanner/Calendar VM file would be ?

At present I am only interested in exporting calendar data from
GeoPlanner/Calendar. Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve

Post by Douglas A. Tayl » Fri, 23 May 2003 21:39:53

>I need to get event data out of a GeoPlanner/Calendar VM file and
>translate it into vCalandar/iCalendar format but there is currently no
>built in way to do this (ie: no import/export function).

Don't know of anything that could help you, but I agree that an
ical or vcal import/export filter would be a good thing to have.
--
   Doug Taylor                         |   Nothing real can be threatened.
   The Ohio State University           |   Nothing unreal exists.

Data Export From GeoPlanner/Calendar

Post by Byron Collin » Sun, 25 May 2003 21:27:38

Hi,
It would be nice if I could import a small
clip-art to the calendar for a event.

Byron

Data Export From GeoPlanner/Calendar

***Subject: Re: Data Export From GeoPlanner/Calendar

Date: Thu, May 22, 2003 08:39 EDT

>I need to get event data out of a GeoPlanner/Calendar VM file and
>translate it into vCalandar/iCalendar format but there is currently no
>built in way to do this (ie: no import/export function).

Don't know of anything that could help you, but I agree that an
ical or vcal import/export filter would be a good thing to have.
-- ***

Isn't Planner a database? Can it be opened as a database file and the info
wanted extracted via a simple copy and paste to text?

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

1. Trying to export Calendar data...please help

Hello,

I am trying figure out how to export certain date that I require into
Microsoft Access.

I have a complete task usage set up with various subprojects and
people assigned to roles.

I also have hours breakdown per task, per month, on the right hand
side in the project calendar.

When I try to Save As a Microsoft Access table, the only hour export I
can get is total hours worked.  However I need the monthly breakdown,
per task as well.  The program does not seem to offer any options for
including date that is not in a named column in the left hand side
work area.

Is there a way to do this.  I know if I export the entire project the
data is somewhere in there, but I have no idea where it is, since most
of it is fairly abstract.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. The new FAQ...

3. Cannot import calendar data into MSN calendar services

4. 1720 simple config problem!

5. Export Calendar in project 2000

6. Setting fax in XP Pro

7. Exporting resource calendar

8. German template needed

9. Export the Calendar View of a project to Word/Excel?

10. How to export Project info by calendar week

11. MS Proj export to MS ourlook calendar - HELP

12. Can export task schedules to ms outlook calendar or journal?

13. Exporting SPSS weighted data and keep the weighted data...