Solitaire colors?

Post by bas.. » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi folks,
 Has anybody had a problem with NDO 98's Solitaire program not being in
color?  Not that I play it, mind you ;) , but the Ensemble version deck
was in color, and I find it disconcerting that the new version is B/W.
I tried moving the old version into 98, but that didn't do anything.
Any ideas?

Mark Forte

Solitaire colors?

Post by kjb5 » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Hi folks,
>  Has anybody had a problem with NDO 98's Solitaire program not being in
> color?  Not that I play it, mind you ;) , but the Ensemble version deck
> was in color, and I find it disconcerting that the new version is B/W.
> I tried moving the old version into 98, but that didn't do anything.
> Any ideas?

> Mark Forte

Set your video to 256 color or less and Solitaire will display in color

Solitaire colors?

Post by Dean Dance » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> > Hi folks,
> >  Has anybody had a problem with NDO 98's Solitaire program not being in
> > color?  Not that I play it, mind you ;) , but the Ensemble version deck
> > was in color, and I find it disconcerting that the new version is B/W.
> > I tried moving the old version into 98, but that didn't do anything.
> > Any ideas?

> > Mark Forte
> Set your video to 256 color or less and Solitaire will display in color

  Is there any way to create a patch of sorts that would allow us to
upgrade the colour pallets in the card games???  It seems such a waste
that we can't get colour with them under the higher resolutions. The
only other solution I would think of is somehow fooling the apps into
producing only 256 colours even though the drivers are available for
more. -Dean Dancey

Solitaire colors?

Post by ND Mar » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>  Is there any way to create a patch of sorts that would allow us to
>upgrade the colour pallets in the card games???  It seems such a waste
>that we can't get colour with them under the higher resolutions. The
>only other solution I would think of is somehow fooling the apps into
>producing only 256 colours even though the drivers are available for
>more. -Dean Dancey

Unfortunately there is not Dean. We have the source code for the 3.x software
version, not the 2.x software, so we are unable to upgrade the 2.x software to
correct the software.

In addition, our primary engineering focus is witht he 3.0 system software. Any
diversion from the 3.0 software work will hold it up that much longer, and the
3.0 system software is our top priority at this time.

Mark-
Mark-

http://www.newdealinc.com

1. Fastest VLB video card for Solitaire

I am currently using an ATI GUP in 8 bit colour on a DX4/100 486 VL system.
NXBench2.0 is around 1.1 or so. I have one goal left for the system. I
want to run Solitaire ( the one by Blake Stone et al) in a relaxing way.
It's so close now (it was not reasonable with a DX2/66) in that I only have
to use a bit of energy in dragging the cards. Is there a video card on
earth (not PCI) that will run faster than the ATI one under 3.3 , and fast
enough to run Solitaire in a seamless fashion? I do realize that upgrading
to a P90/100/120 with a #9 card would do it, but surely Solitaire doesn't
require miracles to work.

Any information would be appreciated.

--
Philip McDunnough                    OR     P. McDunnough (U of Toronto-stats)

[Where sheep may safely graze...]           [Where sheep are nervous...]

2. Is the Speakeasy Chicago POP up ?

3. HW for Solitaire?

4. HP697C QUESTION!

5. --->Looking for A MGI Solitaire 8XP Authorized Reseller<----

6. 750 and 1200 in retail store in California

7. SOL ERROR with opening Solitaire

8. Telephone Signal to Digital Stream

9. Solitaire addict

10. Two Geos Solitaire Games

11. Solitaire in Geobook

12. Slowly playing Solitaire

13. Color Mgmt: Color Blind Matchbox, Color Sync, ColorReady