New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by C BLANK » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:39:00

A new GeoGrafix sampler has been put on the GeoGarfix ftp site, which you can
please access through the GUI website. Enjoy.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by Bob » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 04:45:13

And they are worth every penny!

Quote:> A new GeoGrafix sampler has been put on the GeoGarfix ftp site, which you

Date: Mon, Jun 2, 2003 15:45 EDT

And they are worth every penny!
***

And then some. Have you ever looked at the junk that passes for clipart,
borders and backgrounds in the world of Windows? Of the tens of thousands of
pieces I have seen, I would say that about 5% is real quality, another 5% is
good and about half the rest is mediocre at best. The rest is just bad.

Hopefully GEOS users find my work largely in the good and real quality
catagories.

BTW GEOS users, all the GeoGrafix work in .GEO format can be written to file as
postscript files and imported into any reasonable draw program in Windows as
vector graphics. Keep in mind that every component is a separate vector image,
so you will have to regroup the image.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by Bob » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 03:19:35

Quote:>Have you ever looked at the junk that passes for clipart,
> borders and backgrounds in the world of Windows?

Yes. You can find tons of 'em here:

Post by C BLANK » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:32:21

Quote:>Have you ever looked at the junk that passes for clipart,
> borders and backgrounds in the world of Windows?

Yes. You can find tons of 'em here:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html
***

Not from what I've heard. BTW Bob, I'd like to see some of your graphics. You
do do graphics creation, don't you?

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by Hans Voge » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:11:10

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:19:35 GMT

> Yes. You can find tons of 'em here:
> http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

Hey - another flamewar?

I'll get me some popcorn...

Reg's,

Hans.
--

New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by Bob » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:54:11

> >Have you ever looked at the junk that passes for clipart,
> > borders and backgrounds in the world of Windows?

> Yes. You can find tons of 'em here:
> http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html
> ***

> Not from what I've heard. BTW Bob, I'd like to see some of your graphics.
You
> do do graphics creation, don't you?

I've no need to. I do however work with folks that do. And what they produce
makes your graphics look like a 4th grade art class. I don't rebuild or make
car engines either, but I know a good one when I see it.

New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by C BLANK » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:43:47

***I've no need to. I do however work with folks that do. And what they produce
makes your graphics look like a 4th grade art class. I don't rebuild or make
car engines either, but I know a good one when I see it.
***

So your comparison is what to what? If you are comparing magazine quality
graphics work or packaging graphics work to what a clipart artist is doing for
Corel, Clickart, Printmaster, etc. there is no comparison. They are two
different worlds.

You continually seem to compare apples and oranges. But you don't define why
the apples are apples and why the oranges are oranges and how the two compare
precisely.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by Bob » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 00:33:41

You ASSumed this is what I meant. And, your wrong. I'm comparing Apples to
Apples, or in this case clipart to clipart. And, the ones u do in GEOS are
3rd rate.

Quote:> ***I've no need to. I do however work with folks that do. And what they

Date: Thu, Jun 5, 2003 11:33 EDT

You ASSumed this is what I meant. And, your wrong. I'm comparing Apples to
Apples, or in this case clipart to clipart. And, the ones u do in GEOS are
3rd rate.
***

Then you are just being a bit stupid. Fortunately I have more than adequate
reference on the quality of my work from those I personally know that do
computer graphics at the national and international magazine level. Your
perspective must be incredibly limited.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

New GeoGrafix FREE files

Post by Bob » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 20:27:21

Are these graphics etc., the same quality used on your web site? If so then
I rest my case. Your website looks a 4th grade project. It is really bad. I
mean just plain UGLY!

Date: Fri, Jun 6, 2003 07:27 EDT

Are these graphics etc., the same quality used on your web site? If so then
I rest my case. Your website looks a 4th grade project. It is really bad. I
mean just plain UGLY!
***

As I have told you before and as is written on the web page itself, the .GIF
images used on the website are poor representatives of what the .GEO vector
graphics are on the printed page. I create for the printed page mostly, not the
view screen as the end site.

I also am not a web site designer, and don't even try to be. I created my site
to be basically useful and quicker loading on older computers/modems. Hence I
don't use 300dpi or 600 dpi or greater dpi graphics and I don't use tables,
etc. Someday I may have time to learn and do all that, but it is a really low
priority of mine now. I am mainly interested in getting content options to GEOS
users.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

1. New GeoGrafix free files

I have uploaded a zip file of free files to the GeoGrafix ftp site. Please
access it from the GUI website, especially since the ftp site has a name change
and the old address won't work.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

2. VIM or CTAGS?

3. New FREE files from GeoGrafix

4. Very trippy...

5. Palm Pilot and Excel Address Book

6. New FREE files from GeoGrafix for August

7. Does anyone knows some info on backstepping?

8. New FREE stuff from GeoGrafix

9. GeoGrafix free files and graphics from GUI

10. More GeoGrafix FREE stuff

11. New Italassi v1.1 - Free interaction viewer (reads SPSS files)