GeoCalc 1.x?

Post by Raymond Anco » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00

the Canon StarWriter Pro 5000, wherein he mentioned that it used GEOS
1.x. I has always assumed that, like the Brother Ensemble (an officemate
of mine has one but took hers home before I had a chance to play around
with it), it used GEOS 2.x. (Or am I also mistaken here?) It just
occurred to me that, with the StarWriter touted to have a complete suite
of applications, it must have had 1.x versions of GeoCalc and GeoFile.
Which means what? That there were 1.x version of GeoCalc and GeoFile
that never made it to the desktop.

Is this really the case, Steve, Mark? If there really were 1.x versions
of GeoCalc and GeoFile, why weren't they, to my knowledge, included in
any desktop distibution of GEOS (Ensemble, Pro, Quickstart)? As a
follow-up, are you gonna add these to New Deal Publisher (ie. New Deal
Office XT with the 1.2.x kernel)?

FYI, here's the info from Geoworks' own Canon Starwriter Pro 5000 page:

Taking Word Processing To A Whole New Dimension

Fast, Quiet, High-Quality, Non-Impact, Bubble Jet Printing
        The Bubble Jet printer is contained within the system, so you don't
have to buy a separate printer.
14" Super-Flat CRT With VGA Resolution
        Large CRT with 16 shades of gray for enhanced readability.
Impressive Collection Of Clip Art
        100 clip art images to help create imaginative documents.
Powerful, Built-In Applications
        Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Appointment Manager, Address Book,
Calculator, Disk Manager and more!
Unlimited Storage on 1.44 MB Disks
        Use standard 3.5", 1.44 MB or 720 KB floppy disks.
Built-In Dictionary and Thesaurus
        100,000-word dictionary and 42,000-word thesaurus
Zoom In and Zoom Out
        Greatly improves editing capabilities.
Communicate with PCs
        DOS test file, WordPerfect?, and Lotus? 1-2-3? conversion capabilties.
Over 7,000 Scalable Font Sizes
        Font sizes ranging from 4 point to 792 point put the StarWriter Pro
into a class of its own.

See, it says spreadsheet. GeoCalc 1.x? The appointment manager would
have to be GeoPlanner, and the address book is GeoDex. Is the Disk
Manager like the File Cabinet in the Workspace/Intermediate level of
GEOS 1.x

--
Ravin' Ray
your friendly neighborhood paleontologist

PS. By the way, Scott, if all you want is a wordprocessor, maybe you can
get a Brother Ensemble. (If it does use GEOS 2.x, it would be an upgrade
over the StarWriter.)

GeoCalc 1.x?

Post by ND Mar » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>It just
>occurred to me that, with the StarWriter touted to have a complete suite
>of applications, it must have had 1.x versions of GeoCalc and GeoFile.
>Which means what? That there were 1.x version of GeoCalc and GeoFile
>that never made it to the desktop.

No it had 2.x
Mark-

http://www.newdealinc.com

GeoCalc 1.x?

Post by ND Ma » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>the Canon StarWriter Pro 5000, wherein he mentioned that it used GEOS
>1.x.

That's incorrect. The Canon StarWriter was
based on Geos 2.0.

If anything on the StarWriter was ever
promoted as "1.x" -- it must refer to the first
version of the item.

In other words, for example, GeoCalc 1.x ...
GeoCalc didn't exist until Geos 2.0... so the first
version of GeoCalc (which might be called
GeoCalc 1.x) is still a Geos 2.x program.

Steve

Steve

1. GeoCalc

Hi,

I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
page size.

A3 is greyed out, why?
I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
why?

Anyone?
John?Gene?Pat?Bob?Hans?Dom?Philippe?Jens?EdG?Rainer?Erik?Klemens?J?rg?Brian?

2. High Xsun memory size on SX

3. Spreadsheet for Geos (Geocalc?)

4. FS:Panasonic 24-pin printer $80

5. geoCalc errors

6. MSDN online problems

7. WTB: geoCALC and/or geoPUBLISH

8. someone please post FLOPPYCD or directcd version 1.0 d for cd2600

9. for auction GEOS,GEOS 128K, geoCALC,geoFILE,geoPUBLISH, 2 manuals

10. geocalc?