Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by J?rg Polzf » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:23:34

Hi!

What had happened to www.brothermall.com and www.myturn.com ?
I was able to browse those two websides two weeks ago, but
now I can't reach them anymore... :-(

Yes, I know that MyTurn went bancrupt. But Brother should
still be running normal (and hence brothermall, too)...
or is this due to the broken lines in NewYork and the
increased internet-traffic due to the recent terroristic
activities and some new worms?

J?rg

Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by John Howar » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 01:10:07

Hi J?rg,

I haven't been able to get www.myturn.com for many months now but
dev.myturn.com and devrel.myturn.com are still somewhat alive.  I wonder
who is paying the bills for them?

I just tried brothermall with no luck.  But I've never been there before
so that's not much help.

John ;-)

> Hi!

> What had happened to www.brothermall.com and www.myturn.com ?
> I was able to browse those two websides two weeks ago, but
> now I can't reach them anymore... :-(

> Yes, I know that MyTurn went bancrupt. But Brother should
> still be running normal (and hence brothermall, too)...
> or is this due to the broken lines in NewYork and the
> increased internet-traffic due to the recent terroristic
> activities and some new worms?

> J?rg

Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by Bob B » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 06:36:34

why would one need access a site from a deceased company that of course
cannot offer any type of service? the point would be?

--
Bob B.
The Best Things In Life Are Free.

> Hi J?rg,

> I haven't been able to get www.myturn.com for many months now but
> dev.myturn.com and devrel.myturn.com are still somewhat alive.  I wonder
> who is paying the bills for them?

> I just tried brothermall with no luck.  But I've never been there before
> so that's not much help.

> John ;-)

> > Hi!

> > What had happened to www.brothermall.com and www.myturn.com ?
> > I was able to browse those two websides two weeks ago, but
> > now I can't reach them anymore... :-(

> > Yes, I know that MyTurn went bancrupt. But Brother should
> > still be running normal (and hence brothermall, too)...
> > or is this due to the broken lines in NewYork and the
> > increased internet-traffic due to the recent terroristic
> > activities and some new worms?

> > J?rg

Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by J?rg Polzf » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:54:11

Hi!

> Hi J?rg,

> I haven't been able to get www.myturn.com for many months now but
> dev.myturn.com and devrel.myturn.com are still somewhat alive.  I wonder
> who is paying the bills for them?

It's most likely an outsourced webserver that got paid in advance for
a year... and that's why I'm just making a backup ;-) (Thanks for your
hint - I just managed to visit the shopping-mall by using the
dev....-address.)

Quote:> I just tried brothermall with no luck.  But I've never been there before
> so that's not much help.

Thanks... it's working now again - but requires Javascript to get to
the GeoBook-section :(

Regards
J?rg

Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by J?rg Polzf » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:08:44

> why would one need access a site from a deceased company that of course
> cannot offer any type of service? the point would be?

Hi!

a) You can still download some scrapbooks with cliparts there.
b) You can still find photos of the GlobalPC, ... there (needed for my
own "museum") - not to mention a scanned version of the
package-cover-design of a Geos-Game-Pack that includes Muncher's TNT.
(And even though it's just a very small version, it's the only one
I've even seen - both in real life and on the net. And if you don't
know why I'm interested in Mucher's TNT, you should buy it imediately
from Breadbox and take a look at the "written by"-lines ;)

BR
J?rg

Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by O.J. Newma » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:10:41

Hello!

Quote:>> I just tried brothermall with no luck <<

www.brothermall.com

I just tried with success.

HTH,
O.J.

> Hi J?rg,

> I haven't been able to get www.myturn.com for many months now but
> dev.myturn.com and devrel.myturn.com are still somewhat alive.  I wonder
> who is paying the bills for them?

> I just tried brothermall with no luck.  But I've never been there before
> so that's not much help.

> John ;-)

> > Hi!

> > What had happened to www.brothermall.com and www.myturn.com ?
> > I was able to browse those two websides two weeks ago, but
> > now I can't reach them anymore... :-(

> > Yes, I know that MyTurn went bancrupt. But Brother should
> > still be running normal (and hence brothermall, too)...
> > or is this due to the broken lines in NewYork and the
> > increased internet-traffic due to the recent terroristic
> > activities and some new worms?

> > J?rg

Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by Bob B » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 07:05:50

LOL! I have it. Another Pac-Man clone. Vac-Man is also.

--
Bob B.
The Best Things In Life Are Free.
But You Can Keep Them For The Birds And Bees,
Give Me Money. That's What I Want.

Quote:>And if you don't
> know why I'm interested in Mucher's TNT, you should buy it imediately
> from Breadbox and take a look at the "written by"-lines ;)

> BR
> J?rg

Brothermall & MyTurn gone?

Post by J?rg Polzf » Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:15

Hi!

> LOL! I have it. Another Pac-Man clone. Vac-Man is also.

Then you should know why I'm interested in the cover-art.
BTW: What's the purpose of being called "Bob" without being a sleigh!?

J?rg

1. myturn pay as you go plan

offers 10 free hours of access per month, then charges a $9.99 fee + 99 cents per hour for access used beyond the 10th hour in any month.

 http://www.myturninc.com/InternetAndEmailService.html

am i understanding this correctly?  Does this mean those who use myturn for only 9 hours in a month never get charged for the 9 hours of access?

sounds like an attractive offer to me!

2. publishing a web that uses navigational charts and shared borders

3. Qhy MyTurn & GEOS will not survive.

4. The trend!

5. More news about GEOS & MyTurn

6. 1 * kasvuJOpm-HTML Compiler HTML ==> EXE with "Frontpage support" ?!!

7. live community go go go !!!!

8. Cube HD going...going...going...

9. Netnews gone gone gone

10. Going, going gone

11. &#51473;&#44397;&#44288;&#47144; &#44160;&#49353;&#50644;&#51652;