GeoWorks...sortof!

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by Susan and Geof » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00



Just for the hell of it I installed Geoworks Ensemble (1.2?) on my 486
Omnibook 600C.  After some initial problems (like, it wouldn't run without
changing setver to an earlier DOS version #) I have it going, BUT no
mouse.  This laptop does not use a Microsloth mouse driver, rather it's
own DOS driver OBMOUSE.COM, which is not compatable w/Geoworks.  Is there
a work-around for this, or am I stuck with a keyboard interface?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff
--

 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by BBianch5 » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00


>Subject: GeoWorks...sortof!

>Just for the hell of it I installed Geoworks Ensemble (1.2?) on my 486
>Omnibook 600C.  After some initial problems (like, it wouldn't run without
>changing setver to an earlier DOS version #) I have it going, BUT no
>mouse.  This laptop does not use a Microsloth mouse driver, rather it's
>own DOS driver OBMOUSE.COM, which is not compatable w/Geoworks.  Is there a

work-around for this, or am I stuck with a keyboard interface?

Quote:

>Thanks in advance,

>Geoff

Did you try "No Idea"? Use arrow key to "Preferences". Use Tab key to "Mouse",
hit Space Bar to select, then use Tab key to mov around to Change. Hope it
helps?

Bob Bianchini
MCP Win95
New Deal Office (formerly Geoworks Ensemble) Supporter
Corrections & Comments Welcomed

 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by Geoff Sulliva » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00


:>Subject: GeoWorks...sortof!

: Did you try "No Idea"? Use arrow key to "Preferences". Use Tab key to "Mouse",
: hit Space Bar to select, then use Tab key to mov around to Change. Hope it

No, unfortunately it didn't do the trick, however, I'm becoming quite
proficient at keyboard shortcuts!

BTW, does anyone know how to maximize an app icon using the keyboard?
ALT-F10 does not work as advertised.
--

 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by James D. Beard » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00


Geoff,

I ran Ensemble (GEOS V2.01) on an OB430 for a while. No problems except that
there wasn't a way to make the cursor bigger. Maybe you should try downloading
the shareware version of 2.x.

--
James D. Bearden - WorldCom Advanced Networks
WWW - http://www.james.bearden.com/



 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by Susan and Geof » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00



: Geoff,

: I ran Ensemble (GEOS V2.01) on an OB430 for a while. No problems except that
: there wasn't a way to make the cursor bigger. Maybe you should try downloading
: the shareware version of 2.x.

Well, the point is.... I spent ten whole US dollars of my personal money
on Geoworks Ensemble at a garage sale and I don't want it to go to waste!
After all, I can't return it :-).  Anyway, I found this old Microsoft
mouse in my junk pile and plugged it in the serial port on the back of the
OB.  Guess what?  It works!  Duh.  I should have thought of that before.
So now my actual ten dollars didn't go to waste.  I think I still like
Geos on my Commodore 128 better, but since I can swap files back and
forth between the two OS (at least the PCX files and raw text), it's kinda
fun having software that Bill Gates doesn't have a piece of!

--

 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by BBianch5 » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00


>Subject: Re: GeoWorks...sortof!

> I think I still like
>Geos on my Commodore 128 better, but since I can swap files back and
>forth between the two OS (at least the PCX files and raw text), it's kinda
>fun having software that Bill Gates doesn't have a piece of!

>--
>Geoff Sullivan    

Geoff,
Just a thought, but is GEOS running ontop of MS-DOS?  : - )

Bob Bianchini
MCP Win95
New Deal Office (formerly Geoworks Ensemble) Supporter
Corrections & Comments Welcomed

 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by A. Mickey Sikor » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00




> > I think I still like
> >Geos on my Commodore 128 better, but since I can swap files back and
> >forth between the two OS (at least the PCX files and raw text), it's kinda
> >fun having software that Bill Gates doesn't have a piece of!

> >--
> >Geoff Sullivan    

> Geoff,
> Just a thought, but is GEOS running ontop of MS-DOS?  : - )

> Bob Bianchini
> MCP Win95
> New Deal Office (formerly Geoworks Ensemble) Supporter
> Corrections & Comments Welcomed



  old Ensemble 2.0)) Will it work? Can I get it Free? Help "Mickey"
 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by ND Mar » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00


Quote:>Looking for the browser SKIPPER for my
>  old Ensemble 2.0)) Will it work? Can I get it Free? Help "Mickey"

You can order Skipper with the Launchpad dialler from New Deal. Price is
$29.95, I believe. It has been tested with Ensemble 2.01, but I am not certain
it has been tested with 2.0. You can call our 800 sales number 1-800-985-4263
(in US and Canada) for more information about the stand alone version of
Skipper.

Mark-

http://www.newdealinc.com

 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by Geoff Sulliva » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00


: Geoff,
: Just a thought, but is GEOS running ontop of MS-DOS?  : - )

You got me on that one!  For that matter all my Commodore 8-bit machines
use Microsoft Basic in one version or other as their native OS.
--

 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by Sean Ercanbrac » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00


Just a thought, but have you considered trying FreeDos?

http://www.freedos.org/




> : Geoff,
> : Just a thought, but is GEOS running ontop of MS-DOS?  : - )

> You got me on that one!  For that matter all my Commodore 8-bit machines
> use Microsoft Basic in one version or other as their native OS.
> --


 
 
 

GeoWorks...sortof!

Post by Peter Campbe » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00




Quote:>Just a thought, but have you considered trying FreeDos?

>http://www.freedos.org/

The last time I looked FreeDOS was incomplete and, in any case, did
not work with Ensemble 2.01. I didn't bother further because OpenDOS
(now DR DOS 7.02) is complete, has advantages over other DOS versions
for use with Ensemble/NDO and is available free to individuals.

Peter