GeoCalc

GeoCalc

Post by Edward Nij » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 03:58:42



Hi,

I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
page size.

A3 is greyed out, why?
I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
why?

Anyone?
John?Gene?Pat?Bob?Hans?Dom?Philippe?Jens?EdG?Rainer?Erik?Klemens?J?rg?Brian?

 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by Edward Nij » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:03:36


The others?

Thomas? Ray? Meyer?  Holger? Jorge? Peter? Andreas? Etc...?

Edward Nijs



Quote:> Hi,

> I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
> page size.

> A3 is greyed out, why?
> I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
> why?

> Anyone?

John?Gene?Pat?Bob?Hans?Dom?Philippe?Jens?EdG?Rainer?Erik?Klemens?J?rg?Brian?

 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by Bob » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:42:19



Quote:> Hi,

> I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
> page size.

> A3 is greyed out, why?
> I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
> why?

> Anyone?

Wish I could help. It has been years since I've bothered to torture myself
using GEOS. Best of luck though Ed.
 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by Ray Kopczyns » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:01:06


I've looked at several of my GeoCalc/Spreadsheet files...  

I've never been able to choose a specific page size. (I have never wanted to do
so in Calc.)  What I can do (and regularly do) is have the infomation scale to
fit on the given page and/or let it roll over to multiple pages.

I tried my darndest, but could not find any of my files wherein "A3" has been
greyed out.  Can you email me an example to take a looksee?

Ray

>Subject: GeoCalc

>Date: 6/19/03 11:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time

>Hi,

>I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
>page size.

>A3 is greyed out, why?
>I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
>why?

>Anyone?
>John?Gene?Pat?Bob?Hans?Dom?Philippe?Jens?EdG?Rainer?Erik?Klemens?J?rg?Brian?

 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by Ti » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:40:51



> I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
> page size.

> A3 is greyed out, why?
> I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
> why?

I may have misunderstood your problem.

If you are trying to print on an A3 capable printer, there are two
issues:

1. There is a bug in the paper selector - at least in the versions I
have - although it may be a display thing only. I think.   : )
2. FWIW, Calc handles pages differently to Artist and Writer in that
you can set it to either fit the printed area to the page or print
over several pages.

While the second point isn't critical, I think it explains how to get
around the problem because it means that, essentially, Calc's pagesize
is tied to the default sizes of paper you set for your printer.

Go to Preferences and change the printer page size to A3 and pick it
as default. Return to Calc, File-Print and go to Options. You should
see A3 selected, but possibly still greyed out. Try printing now.

If, on the other hand, you are trying to fix the printed area to an
A3-equivalent (ie 2 x A4's), I'm not sure it can be done except by
eiterh physically manipulating the data to fit or by emailing Gene
directly and asking. (I don't think he bothers to read cogm any more.)

Hope this helps ...

 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by C BLANK » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:45:21



Date: Thu, Jun 19, 2003 15:42 EDT


Quote:> Hi,

> I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
> page size.

> A3 is greyed out, why?
> I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
> why?

> Anyone?

Wish I could help. It has been years since I've bothered to torture myself
using GEOS. Best of luck though Ed.
***

Bob, a non-user in this newsgroup? Who'd a thunk?

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by Edward Nij » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:22:56


Hi Ray,

In Preferences/Printer I've setup Canon 4550 BJ Color. Pagesize: 40,71 x
56,02 CM. custom size.
All margins on 0 cm. Default printer.
In Calc I choose for Printing : Scale to Fit on One Page.
When I press the printer icon for the dialogue box I see only 28 x 56,02 cm!
Even so in Write I just noticed this . : -(

I'll send an email with a file.

I'll contact this French Geosuser again who made this workaround, to see
what his experiences were.



> I've looked at several of my GeoCalc/Spreadsheet files...

> I've never been able to choose a specific page size. (I have never wanted
to do
> so in Calc.)  What I can do (and regularly do) is have the infomation
scale to
> fit on the given page and/or let it roll over to multiple pages.

> I tried my darndest, but could not find any of my files wherein "A3" has
been
> greyed out.  Can you email me an example to take a looksee?

> Ray

> >Subject: GeoCalc

> >Date: 6/19/03 11:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time

> >Hi,

> >I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
> >page size.

> >A3 is greyed out, why?
> >I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
> >why?

> >Anyone?

>John?Gene?Pat?Bob?Hans?Dom?Philippe?Jens?EdG?Rainer?Erik?Klemens?J?rg?Brian
?

 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by Edward Nij » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:41:39


Oh my, I'm also getting old!

I was just focusing on that 28 x 56 cm I got on my Printer dialogue box.
Well it was my fault!  This is almost the A3 size!
I was looking at the settings I got from Gerard Dossios.
He got these by trying to find a suitable setup, so this Canon I-550 and I-
850 printers would do a nice printjob in Geos also, even if it's an only Win
printer.

Sorry for having made these waves, otoh it was a somewhat different thread.
:0)

Edward


Quote:> Hi,

> I tried in several versions of GeoCalc to setup the printer
> page size.

> A3 is greyed out, why?
> I cannot setup a custom pagesize like in GeoWrite or GeoDraw,
> why?

> Anyone?

John?Gene?Pat?Bob?Hans?Dom?Philippe?Jens?EdG?Rainer?Erik?Klemens?J?rg?Brian?
 
 
 

GeoCalc

Post by Bob » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 05:36:06



Quote:> Sorry for having made these waves, otoh it was a somewhat different
thread.
> :0)

> Edward

hehehehe... : - )
 
 
 

1. WTB: geoCALC and/or geoPUBLISH

These are the companions to Berkeley Softworks' GEOS series for the 8-bit
//s. Interested in purchasing either, preferably with dox.

--

CEO, President, Designer
Aurora Concepts Inc.
Design & Consulting

2. truncating 3D surface plots

3. for auction GEOS,GEOS 128K, geoCALC,geoFILE,geoPUBLISH, 2 manuals

4. Netscreen 5XP and VPN passthrough

5. geocalc?

6. syslog() and the IBM TCP/IP Toolkit

7. Spreadsheet for Geos (Geocalc?)

8. sending a renderized doc from a components doc does not work

9. GeoCalc 1.x?

10. geoCalc errors