MyTurn.com, Inc. Auction details:

Post by Ray Kopczyns » Mon, 14 May 2001 01:41:20

http://www.ashmancompany.com/053101/

Ray

MyTurn.com, Inc. Auction details:

Post by Bob B » Mon, 14 May 2001 04:46:25

Interesting. Thanks Ray. I wish the list had stated the quantity of unopened
GPC's.

--
Bob B.
Please reply to the newsgroup

Quote:> http://www.ashmancompany.com/053101/

Post by Ray Kopczyns » Mon, 14 May 2001 05:15:33

>Subject: Re: MyTurn.com, Inc. Auction details:

>Date: 5/12/01 12:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time

<< Interesting. Thanks Ray. I wish the list had stated the quantity of unopened
GPC's. >>

One of the pictures in the brochure seems to show a rather large grouping of
them in a room -- the main portion of the picture is the 15" monitors, but it
appears there are GPC's stacked behind them. You might be able to give the
trustee Bill Broach a call directly to find out:  925-946-1982 -- OR -- call
the auctioneer...

http://www.ashmancompany.com/053101/brochure.pdf

Ray

Post by Stephen Haffl » Mon, 14 May 2001 14:29:09

> http://www.ashmancompany.com/053101/

> Ray

This is sad.  It would have been better had a buyer been found who would
have taken over the entire works.  An auction is a sad end for the
company.

---
TTYL,

Stephen
Team OS/2, Team GEOS, Team PPoint/IREX
OS/2 & New Deal Office - A great combination.

MyTurn.com, Inc. Auction details:

Post by Bob B » Mon, 14 May 2001 23:08:03

Several of us "old hands" pointed out the GPC was doomed.

--

Post by Ray Kopczyns » Tue, 15 May 2001 01:20:55

>Subject: Re: MyTurn.com, Inc. Auction details:

>Date: 5/13/01 6:22 AM Pacific Daylight Tim

<< Larry is right and now you guys are plenty sorry you did him dirty. >>

Nahhh -- it was fun conversations all the way...  :-)

Obviously I have a bias in the situation, but my take on it is quite different.
 While it is a true fact that the company and its GlobalPC product failed in
the marketplace, I do honestly feel that the same product and O/S *does* have a
bonafide place for folks who have limited needs and a limited budget.  That it
never as able to effectively reach that audience is due to many things.  I will
always strongly disagree with anyone that it was the O/S in and of itself that
caused the demise...  As I (and many others) have always said -- "Use the tools
that do the job for you."

Ray

MyTurn.com, Inc. Auction details:

Post by Raymond Anco » Tue, 15 May 2001 04:36:52

Sorry about the duplicate messages. There was a technical glitch with my ISP.

--
Ravin' Ray
your friendly neighborhood paleontologist

1. Myturn.com, Inc. and the Federal Court

Well, I had often thought that someone made some fast cash off the whole GPC
adventure. There is no way on the face of this planet that anyone could
really think for a moment that such a device could ever in a million years
sell, even to the great unwashed technophobes.

--
Bob B.
Please reply to the newsgroup.

2. Problem with disp()

3. MYTURN.COM article

4. User settings

5. How to adjust the modem in Demo GEOS2000 with MyTurn.com to work with COM1

6. Bandwidth control on Cisco Router

7. FORMER TIME-WARNER EXECUTIVE TO JOIN MYTURN.COM BOARD OF DIRECTORS

8. Mail routing based on _sender_ addr

9. myturn auction

10. Troble to see all on the chat.myturn.com

11. FS: Nikon LS-30 up for auction at OregonLive online auction

12. lax330408@cs.com lax330408@cs.com gidget467@cs.com gidget467@cs.com lax330408@cs.com gidget467@cs.com lax330408@cs.com gidget467@cs.com