omnigo 100

Post by Edward Ni » Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:26:03

Hi,

can someone give me a bit more info about the omnigo 100?
I found one on an auction,Didn't buy it yet.
What's the difference between the 100 -120 and the Zoomer?
What should I know before buying?
What should be a reasonable price?

Edward

omnigo 100

Post by John Low » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 07:57:29

The best source for OmniGo information is probably Tom Doan's OmniGo
Online at http://www.crosswinds.net/~ogonline/panel.html.

From the OmniGo Online FAQ:

Quote:>The OmniGo 120 has a brighter holographic screen, support for
>CompactFlash RAM cards (with adapter), and Pocket Quicken and a Clip &
>Go client in ROM. It also sports a Pocket Quicken logo on the front
>panel and comes with a dedicated manual for the financial tools and
>spreadsheet.

To this I might add the clarification that the OmniGo 100 only supports
SRAM PC Cards; the 120 supports both SRAM and Flash RAM.

Having used both a Zoomer and an OmniGo, I am of the opinion that the
OmniGo is a much more refined package. Everything seems more integrated.

Finally - the stuff necessary to link the OmniGo to a PC can sometimes
be tough to find, and you really need that capability to make the best
use of the unit.

John Lowe

PS: The links on the main FAQ page at OmniGo Online seem to be a little
flaky. If you click on a major heading (like "General Information" or
"Hardware") it works fine, but the subheading links don't work for me.

> Hi,

> can someone give me a bit more info about the omnigo 100?
> I found one on an auction,Didn't buy it yet.
> What's the difference between the 100 -120 and the Zoomer?
> What should I know before buying?
> What should be a reasonable price?

> Edward

omnigo 100

Post by Edward Ni » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:45:51

Quote:>The best source for OmniGo information is probably Tom Doan's OmniGo
>Online at http://www.crosswinds.net/~ogonline/panel.html.

>From the OmniGo Online FAQ:
>>The OmniGo 120 has a brighter holographic screen, support for
>>CompactFlash RAM cards (with adapter), and Pocket Quicken and a Clip &
>>Go client in ROM. It also sports a Pocket Quicken logo on the front
>>panel and comes with a dedicated manual for the financial tools and
>>spreadsheet.
>To this I might add the clarification that the OmniGo 100 only supports
>SRAM PC Cards; the 120 supports both SRAM and Flash RAM.

>Having used both a Zoomer and an OmniGo, I am of the opinion that the
>OmniGo is a much more refined package. Everything seems more integrated.

>Finally - the stuff necessary to link the OmniGo to a PC can sometimes
>be tough to find, and you really need that capability to make the best
>use of the unit.

>John Lowe

Thanks for your advice.

Edward

omnigo 100

Post by E » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:52:32

you wouldn't happen to know the cable set up for connection to a PC
would you? been everywhere and get two conflicting answers at best

Ed

>The best source for OmniGo information is probably Tom Doan's OmniGo
>Online at http://www.crosswinds.net/~ogonline/panel.html.

>From the OmniGo Online FAQ:
>>The OmniGo 120 has a brighter holographic screen, support for
>>CompactFlash RAM cards (with adapter), and Pocket Quicken and a Clip &
>>Go client in ROM. It also sports a Pocket Quicken logo on the front
>>panel and comes with a dedicated manual for the financial tools and
>>spreadsheet.
>To this I might add the clarification that the OmniGo 100 only supports
>SRAM PC Cards; the 120 supports both SRAM and Flash RAM.

>Having used both a Zoomer and an OmniGo, I am of the opinion that the
>OmniGo is a much more refined package. Everything seems more integrated.

>Finally - the stuff necessary to link the OmniGo to a PC can sometimes
>be tough to find, and you really need that capability to make the best
>use of the unit.

>John Lowe

>PS: The links on the main FAQ page at OmniGo Online seem to be a little
>flaky. If you click on a major heading (like "General Information" or
>"Hardware") it works fine, but the subheading links don't work for me.

>> Hi,

>> can someone give me a bit more info about the omnigo 100?
>> I found one on an auction,Didn't buy it yet.
>> What's the difference between the 100 -120 and the Zoomer?
>> What should I know before buying?
>> What should be a reasonable price?

>> Edward

omnigo 100

Post by Byron Collin » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:00:29

> >The best source for OmniGo information is probably Tom Doan's OmniGo
> >Online at http://www.crosswinds.net/~ogonline/panel.html.

Hi All,
Here's another link for the HP OmniGo 100 User's:

http://www.salbrook.sneezy.org/ogo/index.html

Byron

omnigo 100

Post by 45 » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:39:57

The original cable of course is your best bet.
I have a home built cable that works also.

You prolly heard that the home built one does not work. Or you have heard
that one of the pin-outs is wrong. Dunno about the pin-out being wrong, my
homebuilt one works. I didn't make it.

direct ordering), they may still have a few banging around.

good luck.
45

> you wouldn't happen to know the cable set up for connection to a PC
> would you? been everywhere and get two conflicting answers at best

> Ed

> >The best source for OmniGo information is probably Tom Doan's OmniGo
> >Online at http://www.crosswinds.net/~ogonline/panel.html.

> >From the OmniGo Online FAQ:
> >>The OmniGo 120 has a brighter holographic screen, support for
> >>CompactFlash RAM cards (with adapter), and Pocket Quicken and a Clip &
> >>Go client in ROM. It also sports a Pocket Quicken logo on the front
> >>panel and comes with a dedicated manual for the financial tools and
> >>spreadsheet.
> >To this I might add the clarification that the OmniGo 100 only supports
> >SRAM PC Cards; the 120 supports both SRAM and Flash RAM.

> >Having used both a Zoomer and an OmniGo, I am of the opinion that the
> >OmniGo is a much more refined package. Everything seems more integrated.

> >Finally - the stuff necessary to link the OmniGo to a PC can sometimes
> >be tough to find, and you really need that capability to make the best
> >use of the unit.

> >John Lowe

> >PS: The links on the main FAQ page at OmniGo Online seem to be a little
> >flaky. If you click on a major heading (like "General Information" or
> >"Hardware") it works fine, but the subheading links don't work for me.

> >> Hi,

> >> can someone give me a bit more info about the omnigo 100?
> >> I found one on an auction,Didn't buy it yet.
> >> What's the difference between the 100 -120 and the Zoomer?
> >> What should I know before buying?
> >> What should be a reasonable price?

> >> Edward

omnigo 100

Post by Steve Ma » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 16:37:14

Quote:>you wouldn't happen to know the cable set up for connection to a PC
>would you? been everywhere and get two conflicting answers at best

The OmniGo cable is exactly the same
cable that was sold for the 100LX and
200LX line of HP palmtops. It's a pretty
common item. I just did a quick search
on the Web and found one at this online
store for $31:
http://www.c-source.com/spec/dtechnote.asp?part_no=974207

Note that I'm not recommending or endorsing
this particular vendor, I'm just using them
as an example of how easy it is to find
the cable for the OmniGo.

Steve

-----
"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle. "
-- Albert Einstein
-----

1. OmniGo 100/120 User's Group

Hi All,
Here's a "new" web page and e-list for all you HP OmniGo 100/120 User's.

=>  Adondo's OmniGo 100/120 User's Group
--
http://www.nwinfo.net/~adondo/hp/omnigo.htm
--

2. FW: Catalyst 3K mem upg