Geos on Virtual PC for Windows?

Post by Raymond Anco » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:41:38

Has anyone tried installing/running any flavor of Geos on Connectix's
Virtual PC for Windows (http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc5w.html)?
If anyone's been successful, let me me so I can add it to the next
update of the FAQ, thanks.

--
Ravin' Ray
your friendly neighborhood paleontologist

Geos on Virtual PC for Windows?

Post by Andreas Bollhalde » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:08:03

Hi Raymond,

I tried it a year or so before with an old version of Virtual PC. I got the
GEOS running rudimentary and as I remeber, it was really slow. An advance
against VMWare was the ability to run it on better VESA modes but the screen
update was disfigured. I couldn't get the network to work. If I find spare
time, I will try it again.

Only sad that M$ has bought Connectix.

Andreas

Quote:> Has anyone tried installing/running any flavor of Geos on Connectix's
> Virtual PC for Windows (http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc5w.html)?
> If anyone's been successful, let me me so I can add it to the next
> update of the FAQ, thanks.

> --
> Ravin' Ray
> your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
> "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

Geos on Virtual PC for Windows?

Post by Bra » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:59:29

i was actually able to run geos when i loaded win95 on wirtual pc.
then i got smart and decide to dual boot win95 and winXP w/o on my
regular system. now i can run geos works ensemble and some of the old
win95 games.

> Hi Raymond,

> I tried it a year or so before with an old version of Virtual PC. I got the
> GEOS running rudimentary and as I remeber, it was really slow. An advance
> against VMWare was the ability to run it on better VESA modes but the screen
> update was disfigured. I couldn't get the network to work. If I find spare
> time, I will try it again.

> Only sad that M$ has bought Connectix.

> Andreas

> > Has anyone tried installing/running any flavor of Geos on Connectix's
> > Virtual PC for Windows (http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc5w.html)?
> > If anyone's been successful, let me me so I can add it to the next
> > update of the FAQ, thanks.

> > --
> > Ravin' Ray
> > your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> > http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
> > "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

Geos on Virtual PC for Windows?

Post by Andreas Bollhalde » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:52:34

Quote:> i was actually able to run geos when i loaded win95 on wirtual pc.
> then i got smart and decide to dual boot win95 and winXP w/o on my
> regular system. now i can run geos works ensemble and some of the old
> win95 games.

Nice to hear that. Have you been able to get the GEOS networking (file and
print service) ?

Andreas