Chess Game for Geos/DOS

Post by KYBLKEAG » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi GeoFans!

Did anyone ever get ahold of the GNU people??  They have a wonderful DOS-based
Chess game (with source code!!) that I've been using.  While the pieces aren't
"GUI" (they are blocks with the initial of the piece), the game does run fairly
smooth and the stupid machine has beat me every time (I'm not much of a chess
player personally).

I can't remember exactly where I got it; I downloaded like three chess games
using Yahoo to search for them...but I do have the GNUChess game, the files
which goes along with them (language and data files) and the source code in
another directory and would be happy to send it to anyone wanting to try it
out.
It works fine from a DOSRoom launcher (that's where it's at on my machine right
now) with the chess/game piece token.

The game is freeware and doesn't take much to set up and use; sounds like
something that whomever it was that was looking for such a game in our
environment should check out!

Settummanque!
settummanque, the blackeagle ((MAJ) Mike Walton)

Blackeagle Services of Kentucky  <URL:http://members.aol.com/blkeagles/>
Henderson, Kentucky USA     "No fancy slogans....just GREAT work!"

Chess Game for Geos/DOS

Post by Pyms » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi Mike,

Maybe you could get in touch with the guy who wrote the chess game for the
Nokia9000. It should not be so difficult to port it to the Desktop.

bye.

Philippe.

KYBLKEAGLE a crit dans le message

>Hi GeoFans!

>Did anyone ever get ahold of the GNU people??  They have a wonderful
DOS-based
>Chess game (with source code!!) that I've been using.  While the pieces
aren't
>"GUI" (they are blocks with the initial of the piece), the game does run
fairly
>smooth and the stupid machine has beat me every time (I'm not much of a
chess
>player personally).

>I can't remember exactly where I got it; I downloaded like three chess
games
>using Yahoo to search for them...but I do have the GNUChess game, the files
>which goes along with them (language and data files) and the source code in
>another directory and would be happy to send it to anyone wanting to try it
>out.
>It works fine from a DOSRoom launcher (that's where it's at on my machine
right
>now) with the chess/game piece token.

>The game is freeware and doesn't take much to set up and use; sounds like
>something that whomever it was that was looking for such a game in our
>environment should check out!

>Settummanque!
>settummanque, the blackeagle ((MAJ) Mike Walton)

>Blackeagle Services of Kentucky  <URL:http://members.aol.com/blkeagles/>
>Henderson, Kentucky USA     "No fancy slogans....just GREAT work!"

1. Where can I find DOS chess game?

I have managed to play bridge card game in Geobook. Now I want to play
chess in Geobook. Where can I find  DOS game sites? I want to download a
chess game. With thanks.
--
MZ

2. Warp 3 Shutdown

3. GEOS Chess??

4. KX-P4450i (lines in display)

5. Amstrad PCW 9512 to PC file transfer kit?

6. Where to find Chess Game for PcW?

7. DV's Chess Game

8. chess game - revisited

9. Baffling Geos 2.01 crash in M$-DOS 6.22

10. Geoworks totally done with Geos?