Features that I would like to see in future releases

Features that I would like to see in future releases

Post by Keith Smit » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi All!
Here is another wish list:

In NewMail,
        I would like to be able to click on a web link if one appears
        in the message that I am reading.

        I would like to be able to edit a received message prior to
        printing.

        I would like for the width of the "header box" in a received
        message to shrink automatically if I change the page margins
        prior to printing (or at least have some means of reducing
        the width of the box to avoid a "message too wide/reduce point
        size" error, when the only wide thing is the header box...
        only because it contains a lot of white-space)

In Skipper Pro,
        I would like to be able to click on a "mail to" link and pop
        right into the mailer.
        I would like for the "history list" to remember more than just the
        current session, and remember more locations overall.

Comments, complaints, additions?

Keith R

Features that I would like to see in future releases

Post by Peter Campbe » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi All!
>Here is another wish list:

>In NewMail,
>    I would like to be able to click on a web link if one appears
>    in the message that I am reading.

That's how Eudora Light (which is free) works and is a definite must
for the first upgrade pack.

Quote:>    I would like to be able to edit a received message prior to
>    printing.

That could be useful, but you can edit before printing by copying the
content you want to print to NewWrite. Use the keyboard shortcut to
copy the bits you want. Or you can use drag 'n' drop although it is a
bit of fiddle to set up the windows. The main drawback of copying the
message is that each line of the header has to be copied separately as
you cannot highlight them all.

Quote:>    I would like for the width of the "header box" in a received
>    message to shrink automatically if I change the page margins
>    prior to printing (or at least have some means of reducing
>    the width of the box to avoid a "message too wide/reduce point
>    size" error, when the only wide thing is the header box...
>    only because it contains a lot of white-space)

I'd like to see that too. I'd like to see the text wrap itself to the
message box size when I reduce the box to allow drag 'n' drop. The
problem of line wrapping mentioned by Settummanque could be addressed
at the same time.

I would also like to see the limit on the size and number of incoming
messages increased, if that is technically possible.

Further down the track, junk mail filters would be nice.

Quote:>In Skipper Pro,
>    I would like to be able to click on a "mail to" link and pop
>    right into the mailer.

Another definite must. Being able to mail the author of a page is a
normal part of browsing.

Quote:>    I would like for the "history list" to remember more than just the
>    current session, and remember more locations overall.

Remembering more locations would be good, but for remembering past
sessions I use bookmarks. After all, I don't want to go chasing up all
those dead ends again, just revisit the worthwhile sites.

Pages without frames can be easily captured by Edit/Select all.
Capture of frames is more difficult and could be improved by the
addition of Select Content of Frame to the Edit menu.

Peter