.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Edward Ni » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 07 Oct 2000 21:57:53 +0200, Dominique Vocat
<dominique.vo...@gmx.de> wrote:
> [...]

>"I don't have a solution but I admire the problem."

>No .sig to see here. Move along, citizen.

>Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
>-- Henry Spencer

>DrWiggy:
>"Go outside if you want to see outside! Color is just useless
>decoration! I'll have the last laugh with my concrete cube in the next
> earthquake, by god!"

>"If the designers of X-Windows built cars, there would be no fewer than
>five steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of which followed
>the same principles -- but you'd be able to shift gears with your car
>stereo. Useful feature, that. "
>- Marus J. Ranum, Digital Equipment Corporation

>Linux is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates, apache inside.

>"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have
>forgotten your aim." =

>-(George Santayana)

>"The box said 'Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux"
>-Anonymous
>"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
>-Anonymous
>"A day for firm decisions!!!!!  Or is it?"
>-Anonymous
>"Stocks are bought in hope, held in greed and sold in fear"
>-Anonymous
>"Eventually all companies are replaced." =

>-Bill Gates, October 1999
>"May the luck be with you"
>-Jens
>"May the fork be with you"
>-Anonymous
>"We are Linux of Borg. You will be mounted. Ejection is futile."
>-Huh?
>"If medical science prolongs life to 150, where will we all park?" -
>-Anonymous
>"program (pro'-gram) [n] A magic spell cast over a computer allowing
>it to turn one's input into error messages.
>tr.v. To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against a
>wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward."
>-Anonymous
>"Merkw=FCrdig, wie unwichtig deine T=E4tigkeit ist, wenn Du =

>um eine Gehaltserh=F6hung bittest, und wie wichtig sie =

>wird, wenn Du einen Tag freinehmen m=F6chtest."
>-Anonymous
>"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."
>-Euripides
>"The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse
>time."
>-Merrick Furst
>"the men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums..."
>-Anonymous
>"Silence is often misunderstood, but never misquoted."
>-Anonymous
>"Life is full of undocumented features."
>-Don Donati
>"It does not pay to leave a live =

>dragon out of your calculations" =

>- Tolkien =

>"dawn chorus(n): Nature's way of telling the programmer to go to sleep."

read more »

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Edward Ni » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 10:04:49 +0200, "Van Haecke"

>I do have a serial, but my connection cable only has PS/2 extension, and
>isn't recognized.  I'll try the flash slot, one of my friends has a spare
>one.

Waar heb je die OMNIGO op de kop getikt?

Edward

PS Je bent zowat de derde Belg die ik hier tegenkom buiten Peter
Vanspauwen en mezelf!

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Van Haeck » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I just bought an Omnigo 100, the problem is I can't connect it to my
computer, I only have a PS/2 connection to link it up and the software
doesn't recognize it when I link it up to my keyboard-port.  So if anyone
knows a program that accepts PS/2 I would be most grateful.  Now my other
solution is buying a PCMCIA flash card, but my programs have to be .geo
instead of .gpk, so if everybody could post .geo files for me?  Thanks.

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Steve Ma » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I just bought an Omnigo 100, the problem is I can't connect it to my
>computer, I only have a PS/2 connection to link it up and the software
>doesn't recognize it when I link it up to my keyboard-port.  So if anyone
>knows a program that accepts PS/2 I would be most grateful.  Now my other
>solution is buying a PCMCIA flash card, but my programs have to be .geo
>instead of .gpk, so if everybody could post .geo files for me?  Thanks.

Shipper and Installer (the programs used to make
and install .GPK files) will install onto a PCMCIA
card. If you get a PCMCIA slot for your computer,
you will be able to use the OmniGo installer to
install programs packaged as .GPK files directly
onto your PCMCIA card.

What kind of a computer is it that has no serial
ports?

I've never heard of any way to connect two computers
via a PS/2 port. PS/2 ports are typically used only
for connecting a keyboard or a mouse device.

Steve

-----
"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle. "
-- Albert Einstein
-----

.geo files for Omnigo 100

--
Was hei?t effektives Multitasking bei Windows?
Man kann mehrere Programe gleichzeitig abstrzen lassen.

"with Microsoft you experince things you would never have thought
possible"
-Gateway/Microsoft add..

Vielleicht ist ja ne Wochenaufgabe "Fickt euch das Hirn raus"?
  Torsten Edelmann ber BigBrother de.alt.tv.reality-soap

"Go ahead, take your best shot, but I might not be listening"

"Die Entstehung des Lebens auf der Erde mit dem Zufall erkl?ren hei?t,
von der
Explosion einer Druckerei das Zustandekommen eines Lexikons zu
erwarten."
(Edwin Conklin)

Wenn ich schon gesteinigt werde, will ich auch etwas davon haben:
JEHOVA! JEHOVA!

Sollten Sie ein Mathematiker sein ist es verst?ndlich das:
A) Ihre Antwort solange gedauert hat
B) Sie absolut pr?zise ist
C) Ich sie aber nicht verstehe
In diesen Fall sei Ihnen verziehen.

access ist als datenbankserver fraglos noch
ungeeigneter als beispielsweise EDIT.COM,
und das primaer aufgrund der erzeugung
falscher erwartungshaltungen. frank paulsen

"And how does your Heisenberg-Compensator work?"
"Very good, thank you!"
-Technical questions to the makers of StarTrek

"einmalige ?nderung wegen
doppeltgemoppelt ist doof"

"Of all the things I've lost over the years, the thing I
miss the most is my sanity"

"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire

Space is Big / Space is Dark / It's Hard to Find / A Place to Park
-Burma Shave

Shoot first, ask questions later. Don't worry about the fact that the
dead don't answer.

... Programmers are busy writing the next best idiot proof software. The
universe,
in the meantine, is busy making the next best idiot. The universe is
winning...

Press <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DEL> to continue ...

SMB sucks! *Really* *really* sucks
-Jeremy Allison

Only you can prevent long signature files!

"the nail that sticks up the highest gets hammered down the hardest"
-free as in stout

"We have an A-Bomb...what more do you want, mermaids?"
-I.I. Rabi, speaking in defense of Robert Oppenheimer

Die meisten Menschen pflegen im Kindesalter vom Zeigen auf Gegenst?nde
(Mausbewegung) und "ga" sagen (Mausklick) abzukommen, zugunsten eines
m?chtigeren und langwierig zu erlernenden Tools (Sprache).
[...]

| (__)    (__)    (__) |
| ( oo    (oo)    oo ) |
| /\_|    /\/\    |_/\ |
------------------------
|  The Cow is with me  |
------------------------

[...]

Nordtiroul und Oschttiroul mia?en zu Italien gian!
- Werner Pirchner: Ein Vorschlag zur unblutigen und dauernden L?sung ...

Analphabet? - Schreiben Sie uns, wir helfen Ihnen!" -

Deutsch ist schon deshalb eine gute Sprache, weil
in ihr Mensch und Mann nicht das gleiche sind -
-(W. Hildesheimer)

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire network?

If you live to the age of a hundred you have it made because very few
people die past the age of a hundred.
                -- George Burns

Bumper sticker:
"All the parts falling off this car are of the very finest British
manufacture"

...und Gott sprach zu mir:
"Laechle und freue dich, es koennte noch viel schlimmer kommen"
Ich laechelte und und freute mich, und es kam noch viel schlimmer

Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

"Wenn Unternehmer und Arbeitgeber mehr miteinander reden wrden,
dann g?be es bestimmt weniger Entlassungen."
-J.Hoffa

"Bilde ich mir das nur ein, oder hab ich tats?chlich
immer mehr ?rger am Hals als Andere?"
[...]

"Merkwrdig, wie unwichtig deine T?tigkeit ist, wenn Du
um eine Gehaltserh?hung bittest, und wie wichtig sie
wird, wenn Du einen Tag freinehmen m?chtest."
-Anonymous
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."
-Euripides
"The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse
time."
-Merrick Furst
"the men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums..."
-Anonymous
"Silence is often misunderstood, but never misquoted."
-Anonymous
"Life is full of undocumented features."
-Don Donati
"It does not pay to leave a live
dragon out of your calculations"
- Tolkien
"dawn chorus(n): Nature's way of telling the programmer to go to sleep."
-Anonymous
"Computer: a device designed to speed and automate errors."
-Anonymous

Win2k: "It's not so much that it's only 65,000 bugs, it's just that they
stopped at 65,535 to prevent an overflow."

 ,,Eine Kuh ist eine Kugel, die in alle Raumrichtungen isotrop
     Milch abgibt ...zumindest in erster N?herung."
        (math. Modellierer; Vorgehensweise)

$$$$ GET ME RICH QUICK $$$$
Send me $5.00 in a brown envelope.  Do nothing else!  Since you are
not crossing out any names or receiving any money, it's not a pyramid
scheme.  It's

read more »

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Byron Collin » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I just bought an Omnigo 100, the problem is I can't connect it to my
> computer, I only have a PS/2 connection to link it up and the software
> doesn't recognize it when I link it up to my keyboard-port.  So if anyone
> knows a program that accepts PS/2 I would be most grateful.

Most unlikely. You have to see to it that you get a free serial port.

Quote:> Now my other
> solution is buying a PCMCIA flash card, but my programs have to be .geo
> instead of .gpk, so if everybody could post .geo files for me?  Thanks.

There is a IZL Program that unpacks the .gpk files so you can copy them
to a flashram card. Doug, can you point this gentlemen to the right
place please? I cant remember where to gte it. However you need desktop
GEOS installed plus the IZL interpreter to run that app I think.

Dominique

--

Try this URL:

http://my.genie.co.uk/holger.laux/izl/izlapps.htm

Byron

---
Byron's Emporium - Cool eBooks for PDA's
ENJOYOUREAD Production
http://home.clarksville.com/~bcollins/index.htm
---

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by NDRepMa » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>What kind of a computer is it that has no serial
>ports?

The new "legacy free" PC's that Intel and MS are so anxious for everyone to
'upgrade' to.  So far I've only seen them as 'appliance computers' like the
iPaq (which also offers legacy versions).

-MarkR

Join Computer_Talk at MyTurn.com  9-10pm EST Nightly
IRC server: 164.109.144.57  room: #Computer_Talk
or surf to http://www.myturn.com/webx/chatCentral.jsp

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Dominique Voca » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Hey Dominique,

> pretty impressive sinature file!

> Edward

I hate it when that happens :-)

Sorry :-)

Dom

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by erik.. » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Dominique,
We're all so___ happy you didn't choose the Holy Bible as your
signature file!!

:-)

Erik

Quote:> I hate it when that happens :-)

> Sorry :-)

> Dom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Van Haeck » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Waar heb je die OMNIGO op de kop getikt?

Op Ibazar, er zijn inderdaad weinig Belgen hier, P. Vanspauwen ben ik ook al
tegengekomen maar geen andere.

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Van Haeck » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>We're all so___ happy you didn't choose the Holy Bible as your
>signature file!!

Don't give him any ideas.

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Van Haeck » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, I saw some IZL programs how do I run them on my Omnigo?

.geo files for Omnigo 100

Post by Peter Er » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I can't help with the connection but if you could use a card. Get
UNGPK, this runs *on* the OG, makes sense of the GPK format and puts
everything in its place. If you can't find it, I can send a copy.
Peter

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000 12:07:43 +0200, "Van Haecke"

Post by Jens-Michael Gros » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I do have a serial, but my connection cable only has PS/2 extension, and
> isn't recognized.  I'll try the flash slot, one of my friends has a spare
> one.

What a connection cable do you have? The only connection cable I know of
was available from HP and did have the special Hp connector and a
standard serial connector. If you have something else, it might damage
your computer and/or OmniGo if you try it.

Grossibaer