I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Bob » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:12:34

Quote:>> nothing with geos is doomed..

The proof is there. Any product with GEOS has failed. No one, has ever not
failed. And not one is currently in production, including GEOS itself! :)

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Bob » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:13:45

LOL! Good one Tom. Yes, GEOS is not doomed except for the fact that every
product associated with GEOS no longer is in production including GEOS
itself! :)

> [...]
> | competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
> | too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
> | THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling geos.
> |

> | maybe one day someone will figure a way to sell or distribute geos
> | cheaply or freely, so customers might say hey, lets try it, .. not
> | much of a loss  in money or time if it doesn't fulfill our needs, adn
> | much to gain if it does..
> |
> | and when a geos user base begins to grow, programmers will have
> | something ot program for and hopefully sell to....

> I like to play word games. Just for fun, I substituted references to
> GEOS with "buggy whips" in this post:

> "nothing with buggy whips are doomed..  buggy whips are a very useful,
> high quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects
> to competitive offerings.  Buggy whips have been marginalized by
> unethical competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a
> perceived too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which
> became THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling buggy whips."

> Okay, maybe that was unfair. Let's try this:

> "nothing with Amigas are doomed..  Amigas are a very useful, high
> quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
> competitive offerings.  Amigas have been marginalized by unethical
> competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
> too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
> THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Amigas."

> Hmm, that seems a bit harsh. Let's try another:

> "nothing with Betamax is doomed..  Betamax is a very useful, high
> quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
> competitive offerings.  Betamax has been marginalized by unethical
> competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
> too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
> THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Betamax."

> My point is that you could apply the same reasoning to any number of
> products that were very good when introduced, even those considered to
> be "ahead of their time". Unfortunately, marketing pressures, licensing
> issues, and yes, technological changes (I was going to say "advances",
> but didn't want to sound cruel) all contribute to the "success" of a
> product.

> I *still* hear friends swear that Beta was better, and it's been 20
> years since VHS has overwhelmingly taken over the market (at least in
> the US). I've seen the Amigas. Really nice machines, and a hell of a lot
> more useful as a "home computer" than the Commodore 64 that I had. Buggy
> whips? Umm, I have some friends with eclectic * tastes, so
> apparently there's still a market for them, albeit not for their
> originally intended usage. <weg>

> You know, for a (virtually) dead piece of software, this group generates
> more discussion than would be considered sane for most non-GEOS involved

Post by hyubs » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:45:49

evidently my earlier reply ot this mesage did not get posted..  so much
for reliable windows softare for posting newsgroup messages...

anyhow...  here goes again...

> I like to play word games. Just for fun, I substituted references to
> GEOS with "buggy whips" in this post:

> "nothing with buggy whips are doomed..  buggy whips are a very useful,
> high quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects
> to competitive offerings.  Buggy whips have been marginalized by
> unethical competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a
> perceived too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which
> became THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling buggy whips."

yes , funny, but buggy whips wre used for buggies which were replaced by
cars.   no buggies, no buggy whips.

Quote:

> Okay, maybe that was unfair. Let's try this:

> "nothing with Amigas are doomed..  Amigas are a very useful, high
> quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
> competitive offerings.  Amigas have been marginalized by unethical
> competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
> too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
> THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Amigas."

even more funny... amiga hardware is no longer manufactured.. peopole
cannot buy amiga hardware lke they can ibm hardware, on which geos runs
just fine.

Quote:

> Hmm, that seems a bit harsh. Let's try another:

> "nothing with Betamax is doomed..  Betamax is a very useful, high
> quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
> competitive offerings.  Betamax has been marginalized by unethical
> competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
> too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
> THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Betamax."

and this is the funniest analogy of all..   you can't insert a betamax
tape into a vhs vcr... it just won't go.. . but you can put a 1.44mb
floppy with geos install files into any ibm clone, and that clone will
read the disk and install geos!

so in summary, geos is not doomed, is not obsolete, is as usabale today
as is windows on the newsest hardware you can buy, and all the above
analogies suck.. please think of something better.

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Bob » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:43:10

Then why aren't you using Newsreader??????????? WHY!?!?

> evidently my earlier reply ot this mesage did not get posted..  so much
> for reliable windows softare for posting newsgroup messages...

> anyhow...  here goes again...

> > I like to play word games. Just for fun, I substituted references to
> > GEOS with "buggy whips" in this post:

> > "nothing with buggy whips are doomed..  buggy whips are a very useful,
> > high quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects
> > to competitive offerings.  Buggy whips have been marginalized by
> > unethical competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a
> > perceived too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which
> > became THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling buggy whips."

> yes , funny, but buggy whips wre used for buggies which were replaced by
> cars.   no buggies, no buggy whips.

> > Okay, maybe that was unfair. Let's try this:

> > "nothing with Amigas are doomed..  Amigas are a very useful, high
> > quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
> > competitive offerings.  Amigas have been marginalized by unethical
> > competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
> > too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
> > THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Amigas."

> even more funny... amiga hardware is no longer manufactured.. peopole
> cannot buy amiga hardware lke they can ibm hardware, on which geos runs
> just fine.

> > Hmm, that seems a bit harsh. Let's try another:

> > "nothing with Betamax is doomed..  Betamax is a very useful, high
> > quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
> > competitive offerings.  Betamax has been marginalized by unethical
> > competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
> > too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
> > THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Betamax."

> and this is the funniest analogy of all..   you can't insert a betamax
> tape into a vhs vcr... it just won't go.. . but you can put a 1.44mb
> floppy with geos install files into any ibm clone, and that clone will
> read the disk and install geos!

> so in summary, geos is not doomed, is not obsolete, is as usabale today
> as is windows on the newsest hardware you can buy, and all the above
> analogies suck.. please think of something better.

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Hans Lindgre » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:14:41

Well, we have great hopes then, as Microsoft started back in Bill Gates
parents garage with .........was is Paul Allen?
My memory lacks and I can't recall correctly, sorry! With Frank as the financial
genius and John as the programmer the future looks bright, they only need
to find the magic device to load GEOS32 on....... Cheers to Breadbox!

BR,
Hans

> > A friend always went for deals where he would get the computer for free
if
> > he signed up for a service that obviously made money on high subscription
> > fees. Isn't that partially the revenue model for these Cellular companies
> > that give away a phone for one or two year contracts?

> Sure. MyTurn's plan was to make its' money off its' ISP plan. The GPC
was
> configured to automate that process for the buyer. They made next to nothing
> off the PC as IIRC, the only way to talk a retailer into actually taking
> shot at selling the GPC was to give them $100, (or so), per unit. Why
else
> would a retailer bother with a product like that? When one thinks of the
> millions invested by MyTurn on the GPC and what a complete and utter failure
> it was, it is plain and cold fact that again, anything GEOS is doomed.
Has
> been since 1990. Hasn't changed since. Never will. If a company with the
> cash flow MyTurn had couldn't make it happen, BBX is a grain of sand of
the
> beach. Two guys, and a garage in FLA. A hobby for both of 'em. I'm sure
one
> has his retirement all set from the US Government, so he don't have nothin'
> to lose.

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Hans Lindgre » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:17:23

Aren't they? They seem dead cheap to me....... Seems to be normal business
practice.

BR,
Hans

Newsgroups: alt.audio.pos-feedback,alt.ibc.scout.badge.trading,alt.great.ass.paulina

Date: 25 Jun 2003 14:42:59 GMT

Cancel ID: E]!>-V=Z<+U50GO,W_(%VL<`CF>7JJ#MA7*K_`\B-0KW,+Z7Q]K0';6B

Post by Tom Accuost » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:23:33

| evidently my earlier reply ot this mesage did not get posted..  so
| much for reliable windows softare for posting newsgroup messages...

Maybe it's because you don't know how to use a Windows newsreader.
Maybe it's because the Linux-based server dropped the post.
Maybe it's just one of those things that happens sometiems on the net.

|| I like to play word games. Just for fun, I substituted references to
|| GEOS with "buggy whips" in this post:
|| "nothing with buggy whips are doomed..  buggy whips are a very
|| useful, high quality product every bit as good adn even better in
|| many respects to competitive offerings.  Buggy whips have been
|| marginalized by unethical competition adn poor makreting/managemnt
|| decisions and by a perceived too high of a price, relative ot other
|| marekt offerings, which became THE insurmountable  obstacle to
|| selling buggy whips."
|
| yes , funny, but buggy whips wre used for buggies which were replaced
| by cars.   no buggies, no buggy whips.

The analogy wasnt' perfect (that's why it's an analogy) but let's play:
There are some hobbyists and possibly Amish communities that still use
BW's. I'll bet a few of my friends can produce a few, and a quick Google
search turns up a number of companies that sell these products, although
not for horses. BW's were a perfectly good item that became phased out
because better, er, newer technologies evolved in the marketplace.

|| Okay, maybe that was unfair. Let's try this:
|| "nothing with Amigas are doomed..  Amigas are a very useful, high
|| quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
|| competitive offerings.  Amigas have been marginalized by unethical
|| competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
|| too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
|| THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Amigas."
|

| even more funny... amiga hardware is no longer manufactured.. peopole
| cannot buy amiga hardware lke they can ibm hardware, on which geos
| runs just fine.

Yes, AMiga is defunct, but there are user groups, in fact, quite a few
more Amiga aficionados exist than do for GEOS . You can get some
replacement parts, and eBay has a number of them. Working Amigas are
still functional for writing letters and balancing your checkbook, and
some people *still* write programs for the things. Again, though, these
people are hobbyists. Most of them are aware that technological advances
make the Amiga obsolete. They stay with the product because they *like*
it, but they're willign to admit that they use Win/Linux or other
machines.

|| Hmm, that seems a bit harsh. Let's try another:
|| "nothing with Betamax is doomed..  Betamax is a very useful, high
|| quality product every bit as good adn even better in many respects to
|| competitive offerings.  Betamax has been marginalized by unethical
|| competition adn poor makreting/managemnt decisions and by a perceived
|| too high of a price, relative ot other marekt offerings, which became
|| THE insurmountable  obstacle to selling Betamax."
|

| and this is the funniest analogy of all..   you can't insert a betamax
| tape into a vhs vcr... it just won't go.. .

Doh! Of course not! This was just to point out the futility of ranting
and wailing against the evil MS marketing machine; or in some cases, the
ranting against the "stupids" who wanted to buy easier to use computers
with more features.

but you can put a 1.44mb
| floppy with geos install files into any ibm clone, and that clone will
| read the disk and install geos!

Sure you can. If you don't mind fiddling with the .ini file to get the
damn thing to install, or hunting down special instructions to install
it on XP or if your machine isn't too fast (that damn speed bug!). Sure,
GEOS is great to use, once you finally get it configured. Think most
people want the hassle anymore? I keep saying that as long as I use
better quality products, I simply don't have any problems installing or
setting up new PC's for my friends or office users.

| so in summary, geos is not doomed, is not obsolete,

I didn't say "doomed" or "obsolete". I am saying that GEOS/ND is a
really great, fun peice of work. I'm also saying that considering the
options now available, it's more appropriate for *hobbyists* than for
people aiming to do any serious work. Linux now has many more useful
apps for people who want to burn CD's, do video editing, or have MS
Office compatibility. Remember when Linux used to be considered the
"hobbyist's" OS? It's slowly moving into the mainstream, and the feature
set have long since overtaken what's offered on the 16 bit DOS platform.

is as usabale
| today as is windows on the newsest hardware you can buy,

Except for the initial setting up and the problems on the higher end
PCs...

and all the
| above analogies suck.. please think of something better.

Suck? Oooh, I love intelligent discourse. No wonder Pat and Bob can't
leave you guys alone!

I'm sure that I can think of a better analogy, but the nature of
analogies is that they are always a comparison of some, but not all of
the features. Unfortunately, whenever someone tries to make a direct
comparison the hardliners (gosh, now I'm sounding like Pat) try to make
up some reasons why GEOS is a perfectly acceptable replacement for Win
users. Look, I scanned the Amiga groups, and they weren't whining and
moaning about the evil MS machine, or the advent of technology. They
seemed perfectly content to play with their Amigas, fully realizing that
they have limitations - a realization that seems to be lacking here at
times.

--
Tom

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Bob » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:31:55

MS did not start in Bill Gates' garage. You're thinking of Apple.

> Well, we have great hopes then, as Microsoft started back in Bill Gates
> parents garage with .........was is Paul Allen?
> My memory lacks and I can't recall correctly, sorry! With Frank as the
financial
> genius and John as the programmer the future looks bright, they only need
> to find the magic device to load GEOS32 on....... Cheers to Breadbox!

> BR,
> Hans

> > > A friend always went for deals where he would get the computer for
free
> if
> > > he signed up for a service that obviously made money on high
subscription
> > > fees. Isn't that partially the revenue model for these Cellular
companies
> > > that give away a phone for one or two year contracts?

> > Sure. MyTurn's plan was to make its' money off its' ISP plan. The GPC
> was
> > configured to automate that process for the buyer. They made next to
nothing
> > off the PC as IIRC, the only way to talk a retailer into actually taking
> > shot at selling the GPC was to give them $100, (or so), per unit. Why
> else
> > would a retailer bother with a product like that? When one thinks of the
> > millions invested by MyTurn on the GPC and what a complete and utter
failure
> > it was, it is plain and cold fact that again, anything GEOS is doomed.
> Has
> > been since 1990. Hasn't changed since. Never will. If a company with the
> > cash flow MyTurn had couldn't make it happen, BBX is a grain of sand of
> the
> > beach. Two guys, and a garage in FLA. A hobby for both of 'em. I'm sure
> one
> > has his retirement all set from the US Government, so he don't have
nothin'
> > to lose.

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Bob » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:41:01

An outhouse works exactly the same now as it did then so why use indoor
plumbing and a toilet? A hand-pump works exactly the same now as it did then
so why use indoor plumbing and a faucet? A double-hung weight and pulley
window works exactly the same now as it did then so why use energy efficient
thermal pane windows?

This is mentality of the GEOS user. It is no use applying logic to their
thought process. You may as well argue with a door knob.

Post by hyubs » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:11:00

> This was just to point out the futility of ranting
> and wailing against the evil MS marketing machine;

the evil marketing machine is alive and well,, news articles are
released daily of MSFT's underhanded business practices...

Quote:> or in some cases, the
> ranting against the "stupids" who wanted to buy easier to use computers
> with more features.

my athon 2000 is no easier that the duron 950 adn the k6/2-350 adn the
5x86-133 ad the 486/dx2-66 adn the 384-dx 40 that came before it.  it
is, however, faster in some respects

Quote:

> but you can put a 1.44mb
> | floppy with geos install files into any ibm clone, and that clone will
> | read the disk and install geos!

> Sure you can. If you don't mind fiddling with the .ini file to get the
> damn thing to install, or hunting down special instructions to install
> it on XP or if your machine isn't too fast (that damn speed bug!).

new versions of windows have to be "improved" by microsoft to run as
trouble free as possible on new hardware, same as with geos.  remember
the 32mb ram fix for old versions of geos??  well, it was fixed in later
releases.  gee.  this fast cpu bug?  the breadbox ensemble lite seems to
run just fine on my athlon 2000 running under win98.

Sure,

Quote:> GEOS is great to use, once you finally get it configured.

ever try instlaling windows95 onto a blank hard drive by using the
factory cd??  well, good luck configuring the boot floppy, adn
downloading and installing the  cdrom driver...  talk about fiddling
with dos..

Quote:>Think most
> people want the hassle anymore?

guess not.. maybe that is why they spend a fortune on new pcs and new
operating systems..  so they don't have ot fiddle with  old hard to
configure and install  microsfot software on their new pcs which they
bought becasue the old pcs worked fine but were hard ot configure..

Quote:> I keep saying that as long as I use
> better quality products, I simply don't have any problems installing or
> setting up new PC's for my friends or office users.

""BETTER quality products""???      try  ""same old products"" with a
few extra oem drivers included on the new winwdos installation CD..

i see you are setting up ""NEW"" computers.. which is hard to do using
old verisons of windows.. so you have a forced up grade tehre..

just becase windws has monoloplized teh drivers market does not make
its software design "better quality"     if microsoft 's software was of
such great quality, microsoft would not copy geos' design structure and
features..

Quote:

> | so in summary, geos is not doomed, is not obsolete,

> I didn't say "doomed" or "obsolete". I am saying that GEOS/ND is a
> really great, fun peice of work. I'm also saying that considering the
> options now available, it's more appropriate for *hobbyists* than for
> people aiming to do any serious work.

serious work?? that is so silly.. writing letters, using spreadsheets,
is serious work, and geos accomlishes them as well as windwos.

    playing the latest computer video games is PLAY... something windows
excells at.

Quote:> Linux now has many more useful
> apps for people who want to burn CD's, do video editing, or have MS
> Office compatibility.

that is why fry's makes money ***removing***  LINUX from  cheap chinese
built OEM pcs they sell..   linux is great.

Quote:> Remember when Linux used to be considered the
> "hobbyist's" OS?

It still is...

Quote:> It's slowly moving into the mainstream, and the feature
> set have long since overtaken what's offered on the 16 bit DOS platform.

oh yes, very slowly..maybe in 10 years, when linux is reconfigured to
run just like geos does today ( and did ten years ago), it will be a
consumer friendly OS.

Quote:

> is as usabale
> | today as is windows on the newsest hardware you can buy,

> Except for the initial setting up and the problems on the higher end
> PCs...

> and all the
> | above analogies suck.. please think of something better.

> Suck? Oooh, I love intelligent discourse. No wonder Pat and Bob can't
> leave you guys alone!

where do you think i learned this intelligent discourse form?? Pat and
BOB.. the are great teachers.

Quote:

> I'm sure that I can think of a better analogy, but the nature of
> analogies is that they are always a comparison of some, but not all of
> the features. Unfortunately, whenever someone tries to make a direct
> comparison the hardliners

don't you mean "extremeists??  or terrorists??

(gosh, now I'm sounding like Pat)

yes very much so. see, they are great teachers.. bringing us all down to
their level.

Quote:> try to make
> up some reasons why GEOS is a perfectly acceptable replacement for Win
> users.

for many users, geos would be a great substitute for windwos, at much
less cost in hardware adn software...  i remember back in 1993+1994,
working at packaard bell, getting tech supprot calls from windows users
who did not use their pc but 3 times per year, but now having hardware
or software "troubles"..   for these poeople, a GPC like product would
be just fine.  the GPC really is a great product.. buy one on EBAY..
you'll see.

Quote:>Look, I scanned the Amiga groups, and they weren't whining and
> moaning about the evil MS machine,

did amiga software  run on IBM clones??  was amiga shut out of the clone
market by illegal oem contracts, or did it lose  by fair play in the
marketplace??

Quote:> or the advent of technology.

well, you can tell pat and bob to stop whining about the lack of geos
support for new technolgy.. and tell htem to stop  branding geos as
obsolete, worthless, useless technology.  i'll be a happy camper if you
can stop all their whining.  I am certainly not the one whining about
geos lack of support for  new technolgy.. i think geos is great as it is
and can be made even greater with further developemnt adn wider
distribution....

Quote:> They
> seemed perfectly content to play with their Amigas, fully realizing that
> they have limitations - a realization that seems to be lacking here at
> times.

geos' limitaitons are the limtations in one's mind....   geos has hte
superior design structure in place and has always had the potential to
grow,   you cna see it with  each geos product released..  now if  only
geos would b released from its proprietary prison so the whole world
ahve an ownership stake in it.

Post by hyubs » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:21:46

> An outhouse works exactly the same now as it did then so why use indoor
> plumbing and a toilet?

a geos toilet uses only 1.6 liters per flush.. a windwos toilet uses 6
gallons per flush, and clogs up every other day.

Quote:> A hand-pump works exactly the same now as it did then
> so why use indoor plumbing and a faucet?

geos adn windows are like water.. they are both "soft"ware and run
through the exact same equipemnt..   the proper analogy is:   do you
want  your water running through a faucet made by price phister or delta
  or chicago faucets or????

Quote:> A double-hung weight and pulley
> window works exactly the same now as it did then so why use energy efficient
> thermal pane windows?

talk about efficiency!   i have ot open my doors and windows so the hot
air that blows out of my athon 2000 blow dryer of a windwos box does not
bake me out of the hosue,a dn does not run up my electic bill for air
conditioning..  so much for your thermal window pane, which when opened,
  has zero thermal benefits.

Quote:

> This is mentality of the GEOS user. It is no use applying logic to their
> thought process. You may as well argue with a door knob.

that is the mentality of the windows user..  no brains at all..  no
ability to rationally evaluate a product's quality,..not even aware that
there are compeeting products out there,  jsut swallow whatever party
linie microsft feeds them  ("its newer< its always the easiest windows
ever" , "sit back adn relax for the next hour of your valuable while
windwos installs on your pc") and accept it  as teh gretest thing on
earth, then spend another 89 dolars and about a weeks time struggling to
get the new improved product to work properly..

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

maybe that device is a 128MB bootable usb thumb drive??

Date: Wed, Jun 25, 2003 14:13 EDT

LOL! Good one Tom. Yes, GEOS is not doomed except for the fact that every
product associated with GEOS no longer is in production including GEOS
itself! :)***

Seems you conveniently forgot about BBXs GEOS Ensemble version currently in
production and sales.

Chip Blank
GUI
GeoGrafix

The GEOS Users International website is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Philippe Dallemagn » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:55:15

Ha, Apple started in Bill Gate's garage ?

;-)

Philippe.

> MS did not start in Bill Gates' garage. You're thinking of Apple.

> > Well, we have great hopes then, as Microsoft started back in Bill Gates
> > parents garage with .........was is Paul Allen?

[snip]

I'm back, I thought this group was dead

Post by Ti » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:08:40

Tom Accousti swirled the electrons into the following patterns:

Quote:> I like to play word games. Just for fun, I substituted
> references to GEOS with "buggy whips" in [a previous] post:
>   [snip]
> Okay, maybe that was unfair.

No, no. It was pretty clever actually!

Quote:> You know, for a (virtually) dead piece of software, this group
> generates more discussion than would be considered sane for most
> non-GEOS involved people.

Well, two points.

(1) What would you expect? It's a GEOS newsgroup. Duh!

(2) If you consider this group generates more traffic than is sane,
consider that two posters (let's call them Poster A and Poster B)
generate maybe 40-50% of the traffic here about software they
don't use and they don't like.

And to continue your amusing Buggy Whip analogy, I present the following
Buggy Whip portraits:

Poster A:
The Buggy Whip ver 2/New Deal Buggy Whip/ Breadbox Buggy Whip were
never as good as Buggy Whip ver 1 (aka "The Stick"). You people
are so fanatical. The guy who invented The Stick was a genius and
everyone after that has just been hacking and re-hashing The Stick.
Haven't used Buggy Whip, but I met the inventor of The Stick once,
and fell in love. He invented wood too, you know. Maybe even carbon.
You people are so fanatical. These are the rules for followers of The
Stick. No, I don't use The Stick. Or the Buggy Whip. Here are the
rules. None of you here are REAL followers of The Stick . The REAL
followers of The Stick here will know that. I am the only REAL
follower of The Stick. No, I don't use The Stick. Or the Buggy Whip.
You people are so fanatical. I demand to know what the plans are
for the Buggy Whip. Why the hell not? You people are so fanatical.
The Buggy Whip sucks. The Stick on the other hand ... [repeat from start]

Poster B:
The Buggy Whip sucks. Always has, always will. Sold my Buggy Whip years
ago. I've been sick. Thanks for the kind wishes, now get stuffed. Here
are a hundred and twenty-five posts from me, all the same. Why are you so
easily offended? Here's some help. Here's some abuse. The Buggy whip
sucks ... [repeat from start - we've gone through two cycles of this
so far by my count, and are now into a third]

Sorry, tell us about sanity again ... ?