Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Raymond Anco » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:23:46

Hi y'all.

I have Ensemble 1.2 on 5.25" disks. I am transferring them to 3.5"
disks, but disks 6, 7, and 10 have been hit by fungus (comes from living
in the tropics, huh). Does anyone have disk images of these, or at the
very least the files? (Only those seriously willing to help me need
reply.) Thanks.

(I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos partition, from
Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)

--
Ravin' Ray
your friendly neighborhood paleontologist

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Bob » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:31:16

Quote:> (I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos partition, from
> Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)

You must be bored to death! :)

P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS but never a GEOS
partition.)

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by James Lawri » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:54:40

Howdy,

Do a search of "Abandonware" sites, I found a couple older versions of geos
on atleast one site in the past month.

Jim

> > (I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos partition, from
> > Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)

> You must be bored to death! :)

> P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS but never a GEOS
> partition.)

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Raymond Anco » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 21:29:58

>>(I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos partition, from
>>Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)

>You must be bored to death! :)

I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do such a good job,
you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. :-P

Quote:>P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS but never a GEOS
>partition.)

For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as a
volume label.

--
Ravin' Ray
your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
"I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Hans Lindgre » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:07:02

Nonthing wrong in calling it a GEOS partition.......

BR,
Hans

> --------------040802030102050409000800

> >>(I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos partition, from
> >>Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)

> >You must be bored to death! :)

> I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do such a good job,
> you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. :-P

> >P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS but never a GEOS
> >partition.)

> For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as a
> volume label.

> --
> Ravin' Ray
> your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
> "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

> --------------040802030102050409000800

> <head>
>   <title></title>
> </head>

>   <pre wrap=""></pre>

>     <pre wrap="">(I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos partition,
from
> Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)
>     </pre>
>   <pre wrap=""><!---->
> You must be bored to death! :)</pre>
> I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do <i>such</i> a good
> job, you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. <span

>   <pre wrap="">P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS but
never a GEOS
> partition.)</pre>
> For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as a
volume
> label.<br>
> <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
> Ravin' Ray
> your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray">http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray</a>
> "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"</pre>

> --------------040802030102050409000800--

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Bob » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 04:35:12

Well technically, there is no such thing as GEOS is not an OS. It would be
perhaps at best called a DOS partition, or a FAT or whatever file system
partition, but it cannot be a GEOS partition.

> Nonthing wrong in calling it a GEOS partition.......

> BR,
> Hans

> > --------------040802030102050409000800

> > >You must be bored to death! :)

> > I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do such a good job,
> > you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. :-P

> > >P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS but never a GEOS
> > >partition.)

> > For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as a
> > volume label.

> > --
> > Ravin' Ray
> > your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> > http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
> > "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

> > --------------040802030102050409000800

> > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
> > <head>
> >   <title></title>
> > </head>

> >   <pre wrap=""></pre>

> >     <pre wrap="">(I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos
partition,
> from
> > Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)
> >     </pre>
> >   <pre wrap=""><!---->
> > You must be bored to death! :)</pre>
> > I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do <i>such</i> a good
> > job, you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. <span

> >   <pre wrap="">P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS but
> never a GEOS
> > partition.)</pre>
> > For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as a
> volume
> > label.<br>
> > <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
> > Ravin' Ray
> > your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> > <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"

href="http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray">http://www.geocities.com/or
iginalravinray</a>

Quote:> > "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"</pre>

> > --------------040802030102050409000800--

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Edward Nij » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 05:06:45

I have:
- Geos in the OLDPC- folder.
- NDO in the GEOS-folder
- NDO Spanish in the NDESPA?OL folder.
- NDO Flemish/Dutch in the NDO2002-folder
- Ensemble 1.28 Dutch in the VERYOLDPC- folder.
It's all on my NYPRA disc.

:-)

Edward Nijs

> Well technically, there is no such thing as GEOS is not an OS. It would be
> perhaps at best called a DOS partition, or a FAT or whatever file system
> partition, but it cannot be a GEOS partition.

> > Nonthing wrong in calling it a GEOS partition.......

> > BR,
> > Hans

> > > --------------040802030102050409000800

> > > I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do such a good job,
> > > you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. :-P

> > > For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as a
> > > volume label.

> > > --
> > > Ravin' Ray
> > > your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> > > http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
> > > "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

> > > --------------040802030102050409000800

> > > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
> > > <head>
> > >   <title></title>
> > > </head>

> > >   <pre wrap=""></pre>

> > >     <pre wrap="">(I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos
> partition,
> > from
> > > Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)
> > >     </pre>
> > >   <pre wrap=""><!---->
> > > You must be bored to death! :)</pre>
> > > I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do <i>such</i> a
good
> > > job, you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. <span

> > >   <pre wrap="">P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS
but
> > never a GEOS
> > > partition.)</pre>
> > > For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as a
> > volume
> > > label.<br>
> > > <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
> > > Ravin' Ray
> > > your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> > > <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"

href="http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray">http://www.geocities.com/or

Quote:> iginalravinray</a>
> > > "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"</pre>

> > > --------------040802030102050409000800--

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Jens-Michael Gros » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:31:10

Bob schrieb:

Quote:

> Well technically, there is no such thing as GEOS is not an OS. It would be
> perhaps at best called a DOS partition, or a FAT or whatever file system
> partition, but it cannot be a GEOS partition.

Sorry, Bob, but you're wrong - or at least not consistent.

Either you say a partition can be FAT, FAT32, NTFS, HPFS, ReiserFS etc.
but NOT a DOS partiton. Then you're talking about the partition format.
Or you say a partition can be a DOS or Windows or OS/2 or NT or Linux
partition. Then you're naming it by purpose or content. Then a GEOS
partition is a completely valid name.

On my computer, I have a GEOS partition, a partition with just GEOS on
it (no bootable OS at all), as well as I have a games partition.

Now re-read you sentence above an shake your head over yourself. :)

Grossibaer

--
Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
they are not.

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Raymond Anco » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:18:24

>I have:
>- Geos in the OLDPC- folder.
>- NDO in the GEOS-folder
>- NDO Spanish in the NDESPA?OL folder.
>- NDO Flemish/Dutch in the NDO2002-folder
>- Ensemble 1.28 Dutch in the VERYOLDPC- folder.
>It's all on my NYPRA disc.

Looks like we're in a contest to see who has the most Geos installations.

Okay, for Geos 1.x, I have Ensemble 1.0, Ensemble 1.2, NEC CD Manager,
and Quick Start. I will install the 2nd and 4rd over the 1st, while I
will add the CD-ROM apps of the 3rd.

--
Ravin' Ray
your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
"I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Bob » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:55:05

Nope. Simple. Partitioning is done with FDISK, DURID, etc. I've never seen
the ability to create a GEOS partition listed with any partitioning
application. You can dance with semantics all you want Jens' but you is 100%
wrong and you know it, or you should trade in your Computer Science degree.

Quote:> Bob schrieb:

> > Well technically, there is no such thing as GEOS is not an OS. It would
be
> > perhaps at best called a DOS partition, or a FAT or whatever file system
> > partition, but it cannot be a GEOS partition.

> Sorry, Bob, but you're wrong - or at least not consistent.

> Either you say a partition can be FAT, FAT32, NTFS, HPFS, ReiserFS etc.
> but NOT a DOS partiton. Then you're talking about the partition format.
> Or you say a partition can be a DOS or Windows or OS/2 or NT or Linux
> partition. Then you're naming it by purpose or content. Then a GEOS
> partition is a completely valid name.

> On my computer, I have a GEOS partition, a partition with just GEOS on
> it (no bootable OS at all), as well as I have a games partition.

> Now re-read you sentence above an shake your head over yourself. :)

> Grossibaer

> --
> Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
> they are not.

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Chip Reinhard » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 04:29:26

Raymond,

I have Ensemble 1.2 on four 3.5" disks.  I could probably get diskimages
made of these and e-mail them to you....

Chip Reinhardt

> Hi y'all.

> I have Ensemble 1.2 on 5.25" disks. I am transferring them to 3.5"
> disks, but disks 6, 7, and 10 have been hit by fungus (comes from
> living in the tropics, huh). Does anyone have disk images of these, or
> at the very least the files? (Only those seriously willing to help me
> need reply.) Thanks.

> (I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos partition, from
> Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Hans Lindgre » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:23:08

Well, many people calls their partitions after what resides on them and
they care less weather they it is a FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS4, NTFS5, HPFS,
Ext3 as this is the filesystems, which resides on the partition. A partition
is just a logical part of a physical device, with no connection to the filesystem
or the OS, so naming it after what's on it or your grandmother can never
be wrong, it is just a matter of taste. Remeber in DOS we have Label.......

BR,
Hans

> Well technically, there is no such thing as GEOS is not an OS. It would
be
> perhaps at best called a DOS partition, or a FAT or whatever file system
> partition, but it cannot be a GEOS partition.

> > Nonthing wrong in calling it a GEOS partition.......

> > BR,
> > Hans

> > > --------------040802030102050409000800

> > > I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do such a good
job,
> > > you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. :-P

GEOS

> > > For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as
> > > volume label.

> > > --
> > > Ravin' Ray
> > > your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> > > http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
> > > "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

> > > --------------040802030102050409000800

> > > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
> > > <head>
> > >   <title></title>
> > > </head>

> > >   <pre wrap=""></pre>

> > >     <pre wrap="">(I'm installing all my versions of Geos in a Geos
> partition,
> > from
> > > Ensemble 1.0 up, including the emulators.)
> > >     </pre>
> > >   <pre wrap=""><!---->
> > > You must be bored to death! :)</pre>
> > > I didn't know you were a mind-reader, Bob. And you do <i>such</i>
a good
> > > job, you could have starred as Bruce Almighty. <span

> > >   <pre wrap="">P.S. (I've heard of FAT partitions, HPFS, Ext3, NTFS
but
> > never a GEOS
> > > partition.)</pre>
> > > For all you English purists out there, obviously I refer to Geos as
> > volume
> > > label.<br>
> > > <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
> > > Ravin' Ray
> > > your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
> > > <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
> href="http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray">http://www.geocities.com/or
> iginalravinray</a>
> > > "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"</pre>

> > > --------------040802030102050409000800--

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Jens-Michael Gros » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:40:56

Bob schrieb:

Quote:

> Nope. Simple. Partitioning is done with FDISK, DURID, etc. I've never seen
> the ability to create a GEOS partition listed with any partitioning
> application.

Never seen a DOS partition type anywhere, while indeed some FDISK
verison wrongly have a menu ntry 'create DO Spartition'. But this will
also create a valid NT partition with no DOS at all :)
SO either you call a partition by partition type (then there is no DOS
partition as well as no GEO Spartition) or you call them by purpose.
Then the name GEOS pis a valid partition description, as well as DOS,
independent of the file system of this partition.

Quote:> You can dance with semantics all you want Jens' but you is 100%
> wrong and you know it, or you should trade in your Computer Science degree.

Repeating the mistakes others made (such as calling a FAT16 partition or
a FAT12 partition a DOS partition) does not make it true or correct.
YOU should know it.
So either allow the term 'GEOS partition' or don't talk about 'DOS'
partitions. Either-or and not each time different as you like it.
Period.

Grossibaer

--
Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
they are not.

Ensemble 1.2 disks

Post by Bob » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:44:12

No. Technically, (I don't care about common usage), there are partitions.
Your talking about a volume name. A partition is created with a partitioning
app, be it FDISK, DURID etc. You can only create "real" partitions, such a
primary DOS, Extended, Logical..etc., depending on the OS and other
variables. You can then create a file system on those partitions. No where,
no how can you create a GEOS partition, any more then you can create a
Windows 3.1x, or 9x partition.

> Well, many people calls their partitions after what resides on them and
> they care less weather they it is a FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS4, NTFS5,
HPFS,
> Ext3 as this is the filesystems, which resides on the partition. A
partition
> is just a logical part of a physical device, with no connection to the
filesystem
> or the OS, so naming it after what's on it or your grandmother can never
> be wrong, it is just a matter of taste. Remeber in DOS we have
Label.......

> BR,
> Hans

> > Well technically, there is no such thing as GEOS is not an OS. It would
> be
> > perhaps at best called a DOS partition, or a FAT or whatever file system
> > partition, but it cannot be a GEOS partition.

> > > Nonthing wrong in calling it a GEOS partition.......

> > > BR,
> > > Hans

> job,

> GEOS

> > partition,
> > > from
> a good

> but
> > > never a GEOS
> > > volume

href="http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray">http://www.geocities.com/or

Quote:> > iginalravinray</a>

Post by Jens-Michael Gros » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:45:36

Raymond Ancog schrieb:

> >I have:
> >- Geos in the OLDPC- folder.
> >- NDO in the GEOS-folder
> >- NDO Spanish in the NDESPA?OL folder.
> >- NDO Flemish/Dutch in the NDO2002-folder
> >- Ensemble 1.28 Dutch in the VERYOLDPC- folder.
> >It's all on my NYPRA disc.

> Looks like we're in a contest to see who has the most Geos installations.

> Okay, for Geos 1.x, I have Ensemble 1.0, Ensemble 1.2, NEC CD Manager,
> and Quick Start. I will install the 2nd and 4rd over the 1st, while I
> will add the CD-ROM apps of the 3rd.

Well, currently, maybe I'm the winner :)

Geoworks pro 1.2 German (for converting old clipart if I need them)
Ensemble 2.01 German
NC GEOS 2.0 (from DOS SDK)
NC GEOS 2.1 (from OmniGo SDK)
GeoPublish
NDO98
NDO3.x (don't remember the version)

This one one machine, the other one has

NDO2000 V4.21EC NT
NDO2000 V4.21NC NT
NDO2000 V4.21NC DOS

Grossibaer

--
Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
they are not.

1. GeoWorks Ensemble, Version 1.2, for DOS

I am assisting a friend in moving from DOS to Windows 95.  I believe her
computer had a virus that destroyed her GeoWorks Ensemble, Version 1.2
(DOS) program, and I have been unable to "open up" the file she created
with her rolodex (contacts).  She has lost her installation disks.   If
you know how to obtain a copy of the installation disks for Version 1.2,
I would appreciate receiving a private e-mail from you.  Thank you for
your assistance!

David Koslow
Palm Springs, California, area

2. Need help making backups of our audio CDs - ends of songs cut off

3. Ensemble 1.2 & Toshiba T1200XE

4. Back option in WAP handset

5. Geoworks Ensemble - Version 1.2

6. Zero length string problem

7. Step by step upgrading MINIX 1.1 -> 1.2 ; 1.2 -> 1.3

8. vnc under 6.5 question...

9. Step by step updating MINIX 1.1 -> 1.2 1.2 -> 1.3

10. 1.2 Gigabyte disk drives for NeXTStations

11. Toshiba MK 538 (1.2 GB hard disk) good choice ?

12. HELP! - Broken 1.2 /usr disk

13. Trying to install 1.2 on my RLL fixed disk