Slowly playing Solitaire

Post by ND Ma » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Last one for today...
I'm trying to make this happen on my computer:
-----------------
Solitaire, Initial generation of card-faces SLOW at 1024x768
Running Beta with video set for 256 colors at 1024x768.
1. Open Solitaire; initial card-faces presented near-instantly
2. Turn up a card-- either on the pack or in a stack after top one removed.
Result: card-face takes maybe a second to draw -- slow.
-----------------

What does happen to me is sometimes after double clicking
on a single ace on top of a stack to move it to the home row,
when I click on the next card on the stack to turn it over, nothing
happens.... until I slighly move my mouse and click again.

But the cards always seem to draw quickly enough for my taste.
How 'bout you?

TIA
Steve

1. Fastest VLB video card for Solitaire

I am currently using an ATI GUP in 8 bit colour on a DX4/100 486 VL system.
NXBench2.0 is around 1.1 or so. I have one goal left for the system. I
want to run Solitaire ( the one by Blake Stone et al) in a relaxing way.
It's so close now (it was not reasonable with a DX2/66) in that I only have
to use a bit of energy in dragging the cards. Is there a video card on
earth (not PCI) that will run faster than the ATI one under 3.3 , and fast
enough to run Solitaire in a seamless fashion? I do realize that upgrading
to a P90/100/120 with a #9 card would do it, but surely Solitaire doesn't
require miracles to work.

Any information would be appreciated.

--
Philip McDunnough                    OR     P. McDunnough (U of Toronto-stats)

[Where sheep may safely graze...]           [Where sheep are nervous...]

2. Console App

3. HW for Solitaire?

4. Sun drops MP3 support

5. --->Looking for A MGI Solitaire 8XP Authorized Reseller<----

6. PDAs and SAP R/3

7. SOL ERROR with opening Solitaire

8. Vx Software?

9. Solitaire addict

10. Two Geos Solitaire Games

11. Solitaire in Geobook

12. Solitaire colors?

13. How do I play playlist during game play?