it works but I got an error message when delete a user/group

it works but I got an error message when delete a user/group

Post by Qing Hu » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:05:06

Hi,

Here is my code:

 groupname=Request.Form("delgroups")
 Set myComputer = GetObject("WinNT://qing")
 Set newGroup = myComputer.Delete("Group", groupname)

The page works and the group is deleted from my computer. But I got an error
message:

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)
Object required: 'oDomain.Delete(...)'
/useadsi/controlusers.asp, line 21

I don't know why. When I tried to delete a user from my computer, I got the
same situation.

What can I do? Need help

Thanks

Qing

1. Getting the groups a user is a member of doesn't work for hierarchical groups

Hi,

I can already get the groups a user is member of using.  BUT, this list of
groups that I get don't include parent groups.  For example.

mytestuser is a member of mytestglobalgroup
mytestglobalgroup is a member of mytestlocalgroup

when you get the list of groups that mytestuser is a member of, I only get
mytestglobalgroup.
I need to also get the mytestlocalgroup, because I am essentially using the
group names in my application to determine what priviliges a user has.
mystestuser will be inheriting certain privileges from mytestlocalgroup, so
I need to be able to get this group programmatically as part of the list,
too.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Tolga

2. FS: Raritan Sun Guardian PS/2-Sun & 13W3-VGA Converter - $75

3. Getting the list of groups in which a user/group is a member.

4. still trying to get syntax highlighting for .xml

5. Help with getting all users out of groups, more than 1000 users

6. Please HELP!! Cannot Ping nodes on the same network!!

7. For each Group in User.Groups not working

8. An interesting take on "Name That Game"

9. Getting error message when opening Outlook

10. Getting this error message with Veritas BE 8.6

11. Toronto Windows Server User Group: January 11, 2005 - User Group Meeting

12. 2000 Server getting error message