Primary Role

Post by Gerald Klei » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:25:31

Hi, I am new to ADSI. and I need to obtain the primary role of a login, can
anyone help me.

thanks

Gerald Klein

Primary Role

Post by Richard Mueller [MVP » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:59:49

> Hi, I am new to ADSI. and I need to obtain the primary role of a login,
can
> anyone help me.

Hi,

The only way I can think of to determine the "role" of a user is to check
group membership. For various methods of checking group membership:

http://www.rlmueller.net/freecode1.htm

If this doesn't help, explain what you mean by "primary role".

--
Richard
Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI

1. Role Management: ADSI or COM+ roles?

Hi,

I am starting a new project using windows 2000 with Active Directory. We
will for instance query for the user/groups membership to check the correct
user rights.

From what perspective to choose for or ADSI or COM+ roles?

For the developers?
For the system administrators?

Thanks!

Egbert Nierop

2. FS: Bitsurfr Pro ISDN Modem/TA

3. Primary DC became Backup & can't find primary

4. easy Allegro grahics help

5. Primary to Primary communication

6. English versions (was: Thing 1.26)

7. sms 1.2 primary site connected to another primary site

8. UML <-> database bridging

9. How to remove a primary site from another primary site

10. existing primary split in primary and secondary

11. Primary and Child Primary

12. Primaries under Primaries & SENDER addresses

13. servers role