Uploading and retrieving picture from AD using C#, ASP .NET and System.DirectoryServices

Uploading and retrieving picture from AD using C#, ASP .NET and System.DirectoryServices

Post by Martin Emanuelsso » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:30:59

I would like to know if it is possible to upload and retrieve pictures from
Active Directory in an ASP .NET application using System.DirectoryServices,
and in that case, how?

/Martin

1. LDAP, Exchange 5.5, .NET, C#, System.DirectoryServices, smtp address

I'm trying to do something I would be quite simple, however, I've
spent the last 6 hours fumbling around with it and getting nowhereso
any help would be appreciated.

Goal:
   * Simply access the SMPT address or a users exchange account
   * Not use COM, CDONTS, Exchange SDK, etc only use
System.DirectoryServices
   * Supply a valid AD account last name, search for the most likely
match(s), return an array of email addresses, populate a dropdown box
with the choices.

Environment:
   * Win2k, Active Directory
   * NT4, Exchange 5.5 (trust w/ AD for accounts)
 --account names in AD are not the same as Exchange
 --I.e.  Exchange -> msmith
                AD  -> mike.smith
   * C#, .NET development environment

...Where is the "SMTP" or "Mail" property?...

The 'cn' in the 'adspath' and the 'distinguishedname' of the
SearchResult are not always usable; sometimes having HEX number - so
parsing the email out is no good.

Can this be done?...where should I look?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Mike

2. HELP ON LINUX-2.2.4 and IPROUTE2 AGAIN

3. ADSI + ASP.NET (.NET Framework) System.Directoryservices

4. Sampler ??

5. Using .NET DirectoryServices to access an AD Attribute

6. NEC 3DS monitor

7. Adding User to ADS using System.DirectoryServices

8. Poor check-in speed W2K Client, Novell Server

9. ADSI DirectoryServices .NET beta 2 / C# Windows 2000 Server- Pro

10. C# + ADSI - DirectoryServices.dll + Window200 + .Net +

11. DirectoryServices, ASP.NET, C#

12. Please Help - ASDI + DirectoryServices or OleDB (ASP.NET) - C#

13. C# - System.DirectoryServices.dll